Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Worst Aspect of UW's "Offense"

H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited September 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
Yes, I used air quotes.

Worst Aspect of UW's "Offense" 29 votes

FS Playcalling
24%
HouhuskyPurpleBaze79smoothdawgPurpleReignSteenwhatshouldicareaboutDoog_de_Jour 7 votes
OL
6%
PurpleJH_D 2 votes
QB
0%
RB
3%
The_Undertaker 1 vote
Abundance
65%
section8TierbsHsotBoobsDawgtonaMad_SonAZDuckDennis_DeYoungGladstoneMisterEmdrogginsExtraChrisBOZONEbiak1NeGgaPlEaSePurpleThrobberBayDawgEsophagealFecesMuttzendoogsohardSpoogeDawg 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Abundance
    You should have had an option for "the coaching staff"
  • Options
    OL
    OZONE said:

You should have had an option for "the coaching staff"

Well you can go with playcalling. Or you can go fuck yourself. Either one.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    Abundance
    I was tempted to go for FS Playcalling but really OL and RB are problems too. QB has issues but if most other things were functional I think our QB would be serviceable. For our RBs (Warsh) is a problem albeit of the Louis Rankin ilk where he would actually look pretty good if he had better support. OL sometimes holds its own but usually doesn't. All this makes it hard for the coaches to effectively call plays... but they could do better... if I had to only choose one factor that would be the one.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Abundance
    Head coach.
  • Options
    OL

I figured you for a QB vote.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not really the playcalling, although it does suck. It's Petersen and Smith's faggy, finesse overthinking of how to best attack a defense. Nobody plays fast and it's obvious guys are bogged down.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    you forgot the #1 issue wr's:

Mickens (did finally get up field on last two catches, but drops one in 3rd, and on bubble/fly sweeps you just think oh shit) 8 games left in his career

Lenius (mia not part of passing game at all, not good as blocker on bubble screens for a guy his size)

Marvin Hall (Next)

So that leaves Pettis, Chico, Renfro, Pounds and any other freshman/sophomore we have.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FS Playcalling
    godawgst said:

you forgot the #1 issue wr's:

Mickens (did finally get up field on last two catches, but drops one in 3rd, and on bubble/fly sweeps you just think oh shit) 8 games left in his career

Lenius (mia not part of passing game at all, not good as blocker on bubble screens for a guy his size)

Marvin Hall (Next)

So that leaves Pettis, Chico, Renfro, Pounds and any other freshman/sophomore we have.

Pettis can't run the right routes (though I will say he had a great 1-handed catch when Browning scrambled)

Renfro has a well documented fumbling problem

Dunno if I can anything bad about Chico yet. Dunno if I've seen Pounds catch the ball yet.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Abundance
    Fuck everyone it all sucks dick. We are basically a 15 year old gay kid at his first glory hole. We are an equal opportunity suck fest.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Abundance
    RB: DW is not a first or second down back, Gaskin is too wet behind the ears, Coleman needs to transfer. Why the fuck isn't cooper running the rock between tackles 10-12 times a game?

Play Calling FS: Why the fuck isn't Smith going over the middle to our Tight ends who have excellent receiving skills? It works and he goes away from it. No way in hell DW should be leading this team in receiving.

OL: would look much better with decent play calling, enough said on that

QB: see above