Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Griswold calling out the hatters

2»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So, is Grinold like Grundle... Grinold's what?

Hurtful
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Listening to the Rypien vs. Browning thing is such bulloney*. You can hear the bulloney* spewing out. A lot of "I think he went here" "I think he was doing this" "I think I think I think"... How about if your only job is to follow the recruiting trail you should remember the sequence of events and have your reports start with "I KNOW instead of I think".

Browning was #1. There was no 1A/1B relationship with Rypien. Pete takes Browning over anybody in the country. His college buddy called him down to Sac to specifically look at him, it's been documented.

And again, I'll beat my chest. Kim saying Browning developing scrambling ability out of nowhere was a huge difference from fall and nobody could expect that is bulloney*. I compared his pocket elusiveness to Big Ben back in december. I could see how he used subtle sidesteps to avoid pass rushers while maintaining his eyes down the field at all times. I needed one game and smuggled flask of Johnny Black to tell you that.

*Edited for language. My bad.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I truly think they didn't think he was good is the issue too.

The people on this bored that were saying he should redshirt were just saying it off the principal that true frosh QBs should redshirt. I think they honestly thought Lindy AND kjcs were better. How could they think that with getting to see EVERY practice.

IF Browning wasn't decidedly better than Lindy and Magna Carta, then you try to preserve the redshirt. Since he is clearly better than the two, you play him. You don't worry about 4-5 years from now because if he is who you think he is not only will he be gone in 3-4 years but you have to have enough confidence in your ability to recruit future QBs enough to have one sitting there ready to go afterwards.

As for the LPT, I think it's pretty clear that they'd rank Uncle Rico as a high 4 star to 5 star.