Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I really loved

2»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

BYU was in the game last night because Rosen played like a true freshman in the first half. Mora and his staff adjusted, pounded the rock, Rosen got better, UCLA's defense held, and UCLA won the game. UCLA should be, and was, scrutinized for nearly choking away a winnable game, but coaching adjustments, defense and a QB waking up were part of the final impression. Oregon has left no one outside of Eugene with those impressions.
    BYU's coaching cost them as well. They started playing for field goals instead of TD's. You can talk about the adjustments and how good the run game was (4 passes does not show a qb improving), but it was still against a mediocre BYU team that had no business being ranked. It might be a good win for a pac-12 team this year, but UCLA will lose 1 or 2 games this year in conference play.
    Adjusting the offense to unload a shaky QB, who then goes 4 of 5 with a 19 yard TD vs 3 picks in the first half definitely demonstrates coaching adjustment and QB improvement.
    I agree it shows coaching adjustments. They should have been pounding the ball the entire night and the game wouldn't have been close. I am not really sure you can say there was QB improvement as much as BYU having to defend the run. I don't know. I think Rosen will struggle a few more times this season.

Coaching adjustments settled Rosen down. He looked much better once the load was off his shoulders, his play improved significantly after that. Credit him and/or the adjustments, the result is the same.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited September 2015

BYU was in the game last night because Rosen played like a true freshman in the first half. Mora and his staff adjusted, pounded the rock, Rosen got better, UCLA's defense held, and UCLA won the game. UCLA should be, and was, scrutinized for nearly choking away a winnable game, but coaching adjustments, defense and a QB waking up were part of the final impression. Oregon has left no one outside of Eugene with those impressions.
    BYU's coaching cost them as well. They started playing for field goals instead of TD's. You can talk about the adjustments and how good the run game was (4 passes does not show a qb improving), but it was still against a mediocre BYU team that had no business being ranked. It might be a good win for a pac-12 team this year, but UCLA will lose 1 or 2 games this year in conference play.
    Adjusting the offense to unload a shaky QB, who then goes 4 of 5 with a 19 yard TD vs 3 picks in the first half definitely demonstrates coaching adjustment and QB improvement.
    I agree it shows coaching adjustments. They should have been pounding the ball the entire night and the game wouldn't have been close. I am not really sure you can say there was QB improvement as much as BYU having to defend the run. I don't know. I think Rosen will struggle a few more times this season.
    Coaching adjustments settled Rosen down. He looked much better once the load was off his shoulders, his play improved significantly after that. Credit him and/or the adjustments, the result is the same.

I agree, all I am trying to say is that the QB position might not be as strong as some people were making it out to be after the first two games (i.e. the final piece to the puzzle). I don't think Rose has it all "figured out" now. He will still make poor decisions in other games and play like a freshman.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Meh. Oregon made a similar adjustment in the second quarter, which amounted to simply reminding Georgia State that they had no business being on the same field as Royce Freeman. It made Lockie go from dreck to adequate statistically, but it didn't change his weaknesses any more than that drive changed Rosen's.

The sad fact is that Goff is probably the only half-decent QB in the Pac-12. But since like any list Cal is too high there, it's probably better and less flagable to point out that Perkins and Freeman are the best QBs on the west coast right now.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Enjoy the ducks realizing a new contender is developing.

They have officially been wooshed
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Oregon wins the division with ease.

I'm not sure they win the conference title game though.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sark will be tan rested and dried out by the Pac12 Championshit game
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    topdawgnc said:

Who's that?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

topdawgnc said:

Who's that?
    Cal.

Duh.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Great 1 point win over BYU as always. Before you brag about BYU, just remember they beat 1-2 Nebraska on a Hail Mary, and a no longer good Boise team on a 4th down Hail Mary type throw. Oregon is winning the conference again, then will get plungered in their BCS non playoff bowl game

You have wins over Eastern and Georgia State.

Shut the fuck up.
    you?
  • Options
    Boobs is right that Oregon hasn't done jack shit, but it doesn't make the mid field stop to save a 1 point home win over BYU any more impressive.

The conference is complete shit this year. I still think Oregon wins the North because Stanford still doesn't have a power running game, Cal is still ranked too high, UW doesn't yet have the offense they need to keep up with Oregon, Oregon St. is Oregon St., and the Cuogs should be in the Big Sky.

In South: ASU plays well until they have to and don't, Arizona has never won the Pac 12 so why count on them now?, USC has Sark, Utah isn't consistent enough offensively to win the south, and Colorado should join the Cuogs in the Big Sky. That leaves UCLA.

If you guys want to pick UCLA to win it, fine. I won't argue that, but UCLA is still an extremely flawed football team, and shouldn't be any where close to sniffing a top 15 ranking, neither should Oregon or any other Pac 12 team. The conference has SEC quarterbacks with shit for defenses sans Stanford.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Boobs is right that Oregon hasn't done jack shit, but it doesn't make the mid field stop to save a 1 point home win over BYU any more impressive.

The conference is complete shit this year. I still think Oregon wins the North because Stanford still doesn't have a power running game, Cal is still ranked too high, UW doesn't yet have the offense they need to keep up with Oregon, Oregon St. is Oregon St., and the Cuogs should be in the Big Sky.

In South: ASU plays well until they have to and don't, Arizona has never won the Pac 12 so why count on them now?, USC has Sark, Utah isn't consistent enough offensively to win the south, and Colorado should join the Cuogs in the Big Sky. That leaves UCLA.

If you guys want to pick UCLA to win it, fine. I won't argue that, but UCLA is still an extremely flawed football team, and shouldn't be any where close to sniffing a top 15 ranking, neither should Oregon or any other Pac 12 team. The conference has SEC quarterbacks with shit for defenses sans Stanford.

*swoon*
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Which is why it is presumptuous to assume oregon wins the north, maybe even moreso than it was in 2012 and 2013.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,372
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When anyone talks about UCLA down here which isn't much because Cal gets all the run, the new line is, Rosen played like shit but he didn't give up!!!!!1111. He made the play when he had to.

Arizona wins this week rather easily
  • Options

When anyone talks about UCLA down here which isn't much because Cal gets all the run, the new line is, Rosen played like shit but he didn't give up!!!!!1111. He made the play when he had to.

Arizona wins this week rather easily

They very easily could.

How difficult must it be being a wildcat fan? In the hunt every other year or so, but always wetting the bed when it matters most. It's amazing how close this team has gotten on numerous occasions but still never able to win the conference. Even the cuogs have achieved that feat.

Mosster47?