Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I really loved

Watching UCLA implode was special.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Great 1 point win over BYU as always. Before you brag about BYU, just remember they beat 1-2 Nebraska on a Hail Mary, and a no longer good Boise team on a 4th down Hail Mary type throw. Oregon is winning the conference again, then will get plungered in their BCS non playoff bowl game
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2015

Great 1 point win over BYU as always. Before you brag about BYU, just remember they beat 1-2 Nebraska on a Hail Mary, and a no longer good Boise team on a 4th down Hail Mary type throw. Oregon is winning the conference again, then will get plungered in their BCS non playoff bowl game

I like to give up 42 points to an FCS team at home, follow it up with a loss and then give up nearly 30 points at home again to a Sun Belt also ran and pop off, that's what I like to do.

Oregon's not winning the division let alone the conference title if they don't fix that defense.
    That performance against BYU would have been a great win for every other team in the conf except Oregon for which they would have been righty ridiculed had it been them.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I like to give up 42 points to an FCS team at home, follow it up with a loss and then give up nearly 30 points at home again to a Sun Belt also ran and pop off, that's what I like to do.

Oregon's not winning the division let alone the conference title if they don't fix that defense.
    That performance against BYU would have been a great win for every other team in the conf except Oregon for which they would have been righty ridiculed had it been them.

Wake me when Oregon beats someone. Even USC had two Sun Belt wins before they shit the bed. Oregon doesn't even have that much on their resume yet.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

BYU was in the game last night because Rosen played like a true freshman in the first half. Mora and his staff adjusted, pounded the rock, Rosen got better, UCLA's defense held, and UCLA won the game. UCLA should be, and was, scrutinized for nearly choking away a winnable game, but coaching adjustments, defense and a QB waking up were part of the final impression. Oregon has left no one outside of Eugene with those impressions.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    BYU was in the game last night because Rosen played like a true freshman in the first half. Mora and his staff adjusted, pounded the rock, Rosen got better, UCLA's defense held, and UCLA won the game. UCLA should be, and was, scrutinized for nearly choking away a winnable game, but coaching adjustments, defense and a QB waking up were part of the final impression. Oregon has left no one outside of Eugene with those impressions.
    BYU's coaching cost them as well. They started playing for field goals instead of TD's. You can talk about the adjustments and how good the run game was (4 passes does not show a qb improving), but it was still against a mediocre BYU team that had no business being ranked (or, like you pointed out, being in that game at all). It might be a good win for a pac-12 team this year, but UCLA will lose 1 or 2 games this year in conference play.
  • Options
    Founders Club

UCLA will lose 1 or 2 games this year in conference play.

My hot take: Everyone loses at least two games in the Pac-12 this year.
    I think that's right .. dreck on dreck produces more dreck
  • Options
    Founders Club

BYU's coaching cost them as well. They started playing for field goals instead of TD's. You can talk about the adjustments and how good the run game was (4 passes does not show a qb improving), but it was still against a mediocre BYU team that had no business being ranked. It might be a good win for a pac-12 team this year, but UCLA will lose 1 or 2 games this year in conference play.

Adjusting the offense to unload a shaky QB, who then goes 4 of 5 with a 19 yard TD vs 3 picks in the first half definitely demonstrates coaching adjustment and QB improvement.
  • Options

Right. Everyone's going on and on about all the great oregon performances.

Had someone written the above about Oregon the reply would have been "great excuses as always."

Again, oregon beats BYU, by 1 in Autzen Ballsucked and the rest of the ABO crew would have started 15 threads about how Oregon won't win the conference if they keep producing performances like that.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,377
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Had someone written the above about Oregon the reply would have been "great excuses as always."

Again, oregon beats BYU, by 1 in Autzen Ballsucked and the rest of the ABO crew would have started 15 threads about how Oregon won't win the conference if they keep producing performances like that.
    But still
  • Options

UCLA will lose 1 or 2 games this year in conference play.

My hot take: Everyone loses at least two games in the Pac-12 this year.
    I think that's right .. dreck on dreck produces more dreck
    Einstein's Theory of Football Relativity.
  • Options

Beat ANYONE then pop off.
  • Options

Nobody over here is popping off.

• Options
    Founders Club

This bored predicts Oregon league titles, intersectional and BCS wins every year, even when it's clear to objective outsiders that teams like LSU, Auburn, Ohio State, Stanford, Boise State, USC (of old) ...etc, have the physicality that is the Duck system kryptonite.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Nobody over here is popping off.

Disagree.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited September 2015

BYU's coaching cost them as well. They started playing for field goals instead of TD's. You can talk about the adjustments and how good the run game was (4 passes does not show a qb improving), but it was still against a mediocre BYU team that had no business being ranked. It might be a good win for a pac-12 team this year, but UCLA will lose 1 or 2 games this year in conference play.
    Adjusting the offense to unload a shaky QB, who then goes 4 of 5 with a 19 yard TD vs 3 picks in the first half definitely demonstrates coaching adjustment and QB improvement.
    I agree it shows coaching adjustments. If they had been pounding the ball the entire night, the game wouldn't have been close. I am not really sure you can say there was QB improvement as much as BYU having to defend the run. I don't know. I think Rosen will struggle a few more times this season.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

HR, YK

But the jury is deeffffiinniitteellyy out on the Ducks this year