Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is it really this bad...

for Florida? Game Day crew wondering if they can scrape one out against UK? How long has this crap been going on? They're the UW of the SEC now.

Comments

• dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    The old Colorado St guy will get it done. First year is hard no matter what you're working with. I know they will get it done because he had to suspend one of his assistant for calling Condor Halliday a faggot to his face. Seriously.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Like many programs, Florida has had peaks that were about extraordinary coaching (Spurrier, Meyer). Muschamp was kinda crappy, Zooker sucked... we'll see about McElwain.

What programs are elite without great coaches?

I suppose you could say that mark of an elite program is conference championship seasons without elite coaching (USC is a great example). Florida isn't there, but not many are.
  • ForeverYoungForeverYoung Member Posts: 22

Florida would never have subjected its fan base to Year 4 of Willingham

True, but they were subjected to a surprisingly bad year 4 of Muschamp. Remember when we were close to hiring him? I wonder how that would've gone.
  • ForeverYoungForeverYoung Member Posts: 22
    dongman said:

The old Colorado St guy will get it done. First year is hard no matter what you're working with. I know they will get it done because he had to suspend one of his assistant for calling Condor Halliday a faggot to his face. Seriously.

Lulz I forgot about this. Hilarious memory. And game for that matter.

http://deadspin.com/is-this-colorado-state-coach-calling-the-wsu-qb-a-fuck-1487838727.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hasn't Florida beat Kentucky like a rented mule 40 years in a row?
    Wish it would have resulted in a brawl. That coach would have won rather easily, say 34-17.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

True, but they were subjected to a surprisingly bad year 4 of Muschamp. Remember when we were close to hiring him? I wonder how that would've gone.
    Muschamp went to a BCS bowl in year two. I don't think he's THAT bad. He's okay. His defenses were always good, but his offenses were dumpster fires.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Tennessee is the Washington of the SEC and it isn't even close.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

Muschamp went to a BCS bowl in year two. I don't think he's THAT bad. He's okay. His defenses were always good, but his offenses were dumpster fires.
    Disagree. With all the talent in Florida and how shitty the sec east has been going 4-8 and then 6-5 is the sign of a poor head coach.

Probably a good to great DC that isn't HC material.

I do like that little Latina tart ESPN rolls out for SEC reports.

Ah yes, that would be a worth while plungering.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    edited September 2015

Larry Coker won a national championship in year 1 and came within an eyelash of another in year 2.

Muschamp, like 98% of division 1 coaches, is very good at what he does one level below the HC and terrible at being a HC. Great HCs have something else going on that is rare enough to make them worth a great deal of money when you find it. Muschamp does not have it. There are lots and lots of awesome D coordinators who are terrible HCs, so it's not terribly surprising.

Look. He inherited a program that Meyer had going, a program with a shit load of money, a great Stadium, fan base and home field advantage, a program that plays in the best conference in the country, a program with every resource you could possibly need to make it go and, most importantly, a program that practically recruits itself in one of the most fertile recruiting areas in the country. And still, he drove it into the ground.

That, by definition, means he sucks as a HC.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Larry Coker won a national championship in year 1 and came within an eyelash of another in year 2.

Muschamp, like 98% of division 1 coaches, is very good at what he does one level below the HC and terrible at being a HC. Great HCs have something else going on that is rare enough to make them worth a great deal of money when you find it. Muschamp does not have it. There are lots and lots of awesome D coordinators who are terrible HCs, so it's not terribly surprising.

Look. He inherited a program that Meyer had going, a program with a shit load of money, a great Stadium, fan base and home field advantage, a program that plays in the best conference in the country, a program with every resource you could possibly need to make it go and, most importantly, a program that practically recruits itself in one of the most fertile recruiting areas in the country. And still, he drove it into the ground.

That, by definition, means he sucks as a HC.

We're splitting hairs because I don't really think Muschamp is good. The Florida program wasn't really rolling though. Meyer went 8-5 the last season and there was some turmoil over so many players getting in trouble. ESPN just did a Victory and Ruins type story on those Gator teams.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,399 Founders Club

Link?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam

Link?
    Don't need a link buttfuck. Komo 4. FRANNY.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,715 Founders Club

Link?
    Cant have a link when I was watching live and in passing buttfucker. Go to komo4.com duck, find the link in TOP STORIES and find the bitch yourself. Want me to hold your fucking hand the rest of your life? Break free AZ, there's a wealth of knowledge right at your fingertips.