Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I wish I was an Indian like Swaye.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    @Tequilla beat me to it, I was just 10 or 11 around those seasons but felt like I was part of the team celebrating in my kitchen after sacks like I was one of those guys. Totally infectious.

@DonaldJones has mentioned how close those teams were and the high-quality people on the roster. I'm thinking Chris Petersen's Built For Life philosophy is similar and will attract guys who want that intense team experience.

I had just a fraction of that my senior year of high school ball....very special memories.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

They took what our forefathers built and turned it into a Crazy Larry strip mall for the white man from Kent to come and buy cigarettes and alcohol. Gave us blankets to put on Husky Stadium benches, but they gave us owen12 cough. Sent us to live in reservation to poast on internets with only half a headdress. I weep for the past glories of Husky Nation.

I laffed.
  • Options
    SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    HFNY said:

@Tequilla beat me to it, I was just 10 or 11 around those seasons but felt like I was part of the team celebrating in my kitchen after sacks like I was one of those guys. Totally infectious.

@DonaldJones has mentioned how close those teams were and the high-quality people on the roster. I'm thinking Chris Petersen's Built For Life philosophy is similar and will attract guys who want that intense team experience.

I had just a fraction of that my senior year of high school ball....very special memories.

Good post, your memories at your age at 10/11 were similar to mine when Don James was hired and while all his great years are vivid and being a student during the late 80s early 90s feeling pretty dialed in I got a much better perspective and appreciation of the "team experience" you speak of reading Husky Hitman.

I didn't think I could gain appreciation for those years but we had it so good back then. And the thing was that was the norm, being good to great. I'm guessing many here have read that book but If anyone reading this hasn't that was my favorite of Stalins books.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The hit on Bledsoe is one of my all time favorite Husky memories.

Agree
    O
    M
    G
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Heat from the Edge defined.