Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts from the Weekend

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
I can never figure out who is Chest and who is Roadie, but which ever one of you has been pimping D Washington every fucking off season like he's a star, STFU. The guy looks the part, but is painful. No instincts.

Briefly, I think Browning is good and any mistakes he made as a true freshman on the road at night against a decent team didn't concern me. Our running game scares the shit out of me and our inability to make a first tackle also scares the shit out of me.

Special teams is good. Missed FG doesn't bother me as you always bet against the kicker in college, so that was kind of expected. O line wasn't as bad as I expected.

Uniforms are seriously fucking turrible. Just turrible. Fuck you Woodward.

USC with a sizzling win last night, but Kessler got blasted around and I can see a real D1 defense causing some problems for USC this year.

The first weekend was, as others have noted, really unsatisfying.

I'm out.

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    29 yards rushing is pretty much all you needed to type.
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958
    edited September 2015
    topdawgnc said:

I just don't understand this. Was Boise loading the box and Smith was too FS to let browning throw deep? Or is the run game just dreck?
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

topdawgnc said:

I just don't understand this. Was Boise loading the box and Smith was too FS to let browning throw deep? Or is the run game just dreck?
    I attempted to rewatch that dreck last night in a drunken stupor...at least the 2nd half. BSU #8 broke up a lot of run plays from the OLB spot by beating the TEs. Double D/TEs blocked like shit.
    McGary is fucking good and will be top tier OL.
  • SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    Browning didnt do shit. Didnt complete a pass past the first down marker...barely even attempted one.

He might be fine down the road, but he didn't do a fucking thing against boise.

• SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318

Browning didnt do shit. Didnt complete a pass past the first down marker...barely even attempted one.

That's a playcalling issue.

It might be. But then he also missed recievers badly on the couple longish attempts he did have.

I agree that the playcalling was balls awful, and more attempts might have gotten him in a rhythm. However to say he played well or showed anything is FS.

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

Abundance
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

It might be. But then he also missed recievers badly on the couple longish attempts he did have.

I agree that the playcalling was balls awful, and more attempts might have gotten him in a rhythm. However to say he played well or showed anything is FS.

Disagree.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Smith's Die in Your Sleep Offense de-emphasizes the run, otherwise you'd see more of Magna Carta (did you see that toss sweep of his? Fucking beautiful).

Considering the weather in Seattle for much of
    the football season, any head coach and OC who run an
    offense that de-emphasizes running should be shot,
    tortured and fired in that order. Fucking Football 101.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

He showed a great awareness of dumping bad plays for no loss.

incremental progress
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Glad you're back in form, flea.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dflea said:

What pisses me off is that as fucking pathetic as we were were with all the fucking the dog blocking for running AND passing, we were still going to win that game until that fucking retard WR Linus - ILTCHT - got flagged for the dumbest fucking holding call in the world.

That shitferbrains had better still be running stairs in the stadium.

Browning's biggest fuck up was not knowing that when everyone's coming, nobody is going to be there to pick off the ball you bloop over the line to the receiver that just broke loose - and then taking a sack that pushes you out of FG range. Not unexpected from a fr QB, but it still made my ass hurt to watch that last series.

And the cherry on the shit sundae was having to watch Washington play in those horrid, fucked-up, disgraceful fucking faggy white uniforms. I'm just not going to watch them play in that shit again. Fuck those things, and fuck whomever is responsible for the Huskies wearing them.

Lenius had a perfect block, that was Mickens' fault. hth
    Going with abundance here. Mickens was more retarded, but Lenius put the hands out there to make the hold obvious.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

topdawgnc said:

Abundance.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623

This. Wiff a bullet.