Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

General thoughts

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    That's it. The Oregon offense isn't complicated at all. It is predicated on a smart QB (Locker never could have done it) making quick reads on where mismatches are, having a mobile O line, and having VERY quick skill players who can operate in space.

That's really it.

Look, when Chip first started crushing everyone, he did not have USC/Texas/Florida type players. That's the great thing about the offense. You do not need to recruit a bunch of 5 stars to make it work. That's why Sark's offense was always inconsistent and fucked off. He tried, unsuccessfully, to copy what he knew from USC - well, uh, hello dumbass, you don't have an O-line filled with AA's here that can push people around and create holes whenever they want.

Sark has managed to recruit some great skill players, and lately some FAST skill players. His personnel fits this offense. We never would have recruited/developed the talent to implement a true Pro Style offense imho. For whatever reason we suck at recruiting OL. So, can't be USC or Stanford and just line up and maul people. Bout time he stopped being stubborn and tried to actually find an offense that fit his damn players.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,389 Founders Club

Swaye said:

The thing that surprised and pleased me was that our hurry-up offense didn't look like a confused clusterfuck out there. We looked mostly organized and like we had confidence and knowledge of what we were doing.

Not a small point here. I really thought we were going to all fucked up out there, but instead, we looked like we had been doing this awhile. At least Sark finally started copying a winner - so thanks Chip.
    Now opponents have some film on us so we shall see what they do to adapt.
    How are they going to adapt when there are multiple guys who are playmakers (Sankey, ASJ, Kasen, Ross, Mickens)? You have 5 guys who are tough to defend 1 on 1.

This offense should roll over most teams and produce against UCLA & ASU. Stanford & Oregon will be the real tests with UCLA & ASU next.
    Have Kasen, Ross and Mickens proven they can get open and produce against high caliber coverage guys? Not yet they haven't. We only hope and assume they can and will.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Swaye said:

The thing that surprised and pleased me was that our hurry-up offense didn't look like a confused clusterfuck out there. We looked mostly organized and like we had confidence and knowledge of what we were doing.

Not a small point here. I really thought we were going to all fucked up out there, but instead, we looked like we had been doing this awhile. At least Sark finally started copying a winner - so thanks Chip.
    How are they going to adapt when there are multiple guys who are playmakers (Sankey, ASJ, Kasen, Ross, Mickens)? You have 5 guys who are tough to defend 1 on 1.

This offense should roll over most teams and produce against UCLA & ASU. Stanford & Oregon will be the real tests with UCLA & ASU next.
    Have Kasen, Ross and Mickens proven they can get open and produce against high caliber coverage guys? Not yet they haven't. We only hope and assume they can and will.
    Ahh... the refreshing voice of reason. GRAA (including the Don James piece!)

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2013

Swaye said:

I understand Kasen getting some crticism, but he had 77 catches for over 800 yards last year. He went for 10 and 129 against Stanford, not to mention was our only productive player on offense against Oregon in 2011. He's done it before, and in no way belongs in that group with Ross and Mickens.

• But, what about preparing players for the NFL??? This new gimmick offense will do damage to our hard earned rep as a QB factory.

I do remember that Doog argument quite well in 2010 when everyone with half a brain was screaming to put Jack in the spread as he was incapable of running a pro style offense.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

But, what about preparing players for the NFL??? This new gimmick offense will do damage to our hard earned rep as a QB factory.

I do remember that Doog argument quite well in 2010 when everyone with half a brain was screaming to put Jack in the spread as he was incapable of running a pro style offense.
    But you can't discount all of the FREE PUB having Jack go in the 1st round got us. That move is still paying dividends.
  • Doogs before Sark implemented the no huddle: It's a gimmick, it is cheating, doesn't prepare guys for the NFL, too scared to play real football.

Doogs after Sark implemented no huddle: Innovative, smart, football has changed, fits our personell.

The dumbest thing doogs say is that this is the same offense only it is sped up by not huddling. Right, because in the old offense we went shotgun and 4 wide every play and we never used a fullback. I get the terms might be the same, and we had some of these packages, but it is a completely different offense.

The offense change just further proves how Doogs will agree with every fucking thing the school/coach does. They hated this offense just 12 months ago, now they fucking love it.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Doogs before Sark implemented the no huddle: It's a gimmick, it is cheating, doesn't prepare guys for the NFL, too scared to play real football.

Doogs after Sark implemented no huddle: Innovative, smart, football has changed, fits our personell.

The dumbest thing doogs say is that this is the same offense only it is sped up by not huddling. Right, because in the old offense we went shotgun and 4 wide every play and we never used a fullback. I get the terms might be the same, and we had some of these packages, but it is a completely different offense.

The offense change just further proves how Doogs will agree with every fucking thing the school/coach does. They hated this offense just 12 months ago, now they fucking love it.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the half brains have loved it for years, because it has won assloads of games, for years.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

One of the tenets of Doogism is: What ever the current coach is doing is AWESOME and and is something we should all get behind and be exited about.

Just like whoever the President of the United States is. I will gladly back and support him 100% and I don't even actually have to look at what he is doing.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam
    After disgusting me for years I am now extremely thankful for Sark's bromance with Chip. Ah, abundance.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    koopdog said:

After disgusting me for years I am now extremely thankful for Sark's bromance with Chip. Ah, abundance.

This.

After he left Oregon, they obviously had some long chats.
    edited September 2013

koopdog said:

This.

After he left Oregon, they obviously had some long chats while wearing each others visors and giggling.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

koopdog said:

This.

After he left Oregon, they obviously had some long sessions with Sark wearing a ball gag.
    Nobody wants to hear about your private fantasies you fucking sicko.

Go back under your rock, the season is over.

koopdog said:

This.

After he left Oregon, they obviously had some long sessions with Sark wearing a ball gag.
    Yours was better than mine. SO FUCK OFF.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

koopdog said:

This.

Nobody wants to hear about your private fantasies you fucking sicko.

Go back under your rock, the season is over.
    I wasn't the one who started the hot bromance talk.

I thought you were going to LEAVE! us by now.