Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac-12’s 100th anniversary: The greatest football teams

13»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

H

04 SC best team of BCS era? Fuck me, fuck you, fuck them, fuck everybody.

'01 Canes beat them all. That '04 USC team sent a lot of players to the NFL never to be heard from again. The '01 Canes sent more, and racked up pro bowls and super bowls. There is at least one, likely two, HOFamers on that team in Reed and Johnson. Maybe even one or two more.

Fuck me, fuck you, fuck them, fuck every fucking body. '04 SC my fucking ass. I don't even put them at #2 all-time conference.

Fuck. Just fucking fuck fuck.

01 Canes were the most talented cfb team in the history of ever. But they were coached by Larry Coker. Nobody in 01 could hang with them, but the other historically great teams had enough talent to stay close and most of them had far superior coaches.

I wouldn't put 01 Miami in the top ten teams of all time because of Coker. Coaching matters.

Not that year it didn't. Mediocre coaching catches up to you eventually but could not hold back a team like that. See the story of cocker shitting his pants int he locker room b4 the rose because of playing Nebraska (remember Larry spent most of his career at osu getting his ass handed to him by the classy huskers) and reed telling him to calm the fuck down because there is no way Nebraska can hang with them.

Top ten? You're high. Of course coaching matters in the long run and even the mid term, but for one season? With that team? Nope. That team had more talent on its fucking bench than 91 Washington could have handled. I could have coached them for one season.

Bottom line: Miami's line could have doubled on emtman and handled the rest without much trouble (Dwight Freeney, one of the best pass rushers in the NFL for what seems like forever, didn't touch Dorsey, so I'm not seeing Andy Mason or anyone else on that defensive front doing it either.) That would have exposed what I always thought was a vastly overrated d backfield on that D. That Miami line was awesome in pass protection.

Miami '01 runs away with that game rather easily. When they were focused, which wasn't always the case, they were fucking scary good and just overwhelmed other teams.
    Take your comp to the 91 Huskies to the royotis bored where it belongs. I didn't say anything about 91 Washington.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    edited September 2015

2000 Miami lost to 2000 UW. 1994 Miami lost to 1994 UW. I like the 1991 teams chances

Oh fuck. We've been through that.

2001 miami destroyed 2001 UW. '01 and '91 are just one digit off (when abbreviated). Therefore, ....
    2001 miami was 2000 miami. 2000 uw was not 1991 uw. Dig deeper

2000 Miami lost to 2000 UW. 1994 Miami lost to 1994 UW. I like the 1991 teams chances

Oh fuck. We've been through that.

2001 miami destroyed 2001 UW. '01 and '91 are just one digit off (when abbreviated). Therefore, ....
    2001 miami was 2000 miami. 2000 uw was not 1991 uw. Dig deeper
    If 2000 miami was 2001 miami, was 1990 Washington 1991 Washington? the same 1990 Washington that beat San Jose State at home by 3 pts.? That beat a 2-9 Purdue team by 3 pts.? That lost to a 6-loss UCLA team at home? Would the 1991 version of Washington hand in those results? Is that how it works?

Or, was the 1990 team at the latter end of the 1990 season more like what became the 1991 team? We both know the 2000 Miami team in its first real game on the road with a green QB still feeling out their personnel was a different thing than what it became after it all came together later in the season. I think I recall you even saying that 2000 Washington, even with Marques, great as he was, caught Miami at the right time. After that game, and especially after the Florida State game, they became a dominant team.

Don't this. After all we've been through together. Don't do it.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    dnc said:

dnc said:

H

'01 Canes beat them all. That '04 USC team sent a lot of players to the NFL never to be heard from again. The '01 Canes sent more, and racked up pro bowls and super bowls. There is at least one, likely two, HOFamers on that team in Reed and Johnson. Maybe even one or two more.

Fuck me, fuck you, fuck them, fuck every fucking body. '04 SC my fucking ass. I don't even put them at #2 all-time conference.

01 Canes were the most talented cfb team in the history of ever. But they were coached by Larry Coker. Nobody in 01 could hang with them, but the other historically great teams had enough talent to stay close and most of them had far superior coaches.

I wouldn't put 01 Miami in the top ten teams of all time because of Coker. Coaching matters.

Not that year it didn't. Mediocre coaching catches up to you eventually but could not hold back a team like that. See the story of cocker shitting his pants int he locker room b4 the rose because of playing Nebraska (remember Larry spent most of his career at osu getting his ass handed to him by the classy huskers) and reed telling him to calm the fuck down because there is no way Nebraska can hang with them.

Top ten? You're high. Of course coaching matters in the long run and even the mid term, but for one season? With that team? Nope. That team had more talent on its fucking bench than 91 Washington could have handled. I could have coached them for one season.

Bottom line: Miami's line could have doubled on emtman and handled the rest without much trouble (Dwight Freeney, one of the best pass rushers in the NFL for what seems like forever, didn't touch Dorsey, so I'm not seeing Andy Mason or anyone else on that defensive front doing it either.) That would have exposed what I always thought was a vastly overrated d backfield on that D. That Miami line was awesome in pass protection.

Miami '01 runs away with that game rather easily. When they were focused, which wasn't always the case, they were fucking scary good and just overwhelmed other teams.
    Take your comp to the 91 Huskies to the royotis bored where it belongs. I didn't say anything about 91 Washington.
    If only there were a royotis bored. I'm afraid our friend roy is a thing of the past. I do miss pulling his dick though.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    2001 Miami was saved from losing to fucking Boston College by a miracle ricochet pick 6 at the goal line. They also had a close call against the hokies.

It's college football, nobody is invincible.

I like James in that one.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dnc said:

H

You're making too much of Freeney's NFL career. He wasn't even close to Emtman at the college level. Since Emtman, the only defensive lineman that was Emtman's equal was Suh.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club

dnc said:

H

You're making too much of Freeney's NFL career. He wasn't even close to Emtman at the college level. Since Emtman, the only defensive lineman that was Emtman's equal was Suh.
    The list of D linemen that willed their teams to national titles is a short one. Leroy Selman and Stan Empterman are at the top
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dnc said:

H

Clowney in college >>>
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dnc said:

H

Clowney in college >>>
    You're an idiot. Clowney wasn't even that good. Even his highlight play was simply because he went unblocked.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    According to SRS the three greatest teams of the past 40+ years were: 1) Nebraska 1995, 2) UW 1991, 3) Miami 2001. USC 2004 was just a hair behind Miami so maybe they were 4th.

USC in 2004 had many close games. They almost lost to Cal at home (won by 6), and struggled on the road beating Stanford by only 3, Oregon St by 8, UCLA by 5. They only beat Va Tech by 11.

Miami 2001 was probably the most talented team of all time but Nebraska 1995 is clearly the best. They kicked the shit out of everyone that year. The only game that was remotely close was when they hosted WSU and won by 14. WSU had an incredible run D that year and Nebraska had its sloppiest game of the year. They still managed to build a 21 pt lead into the 4th quarter.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

According to SRS the three greatest teams of the past 40+ years were: 1) Nebraska 1995, 2) UW 1991, 3) Miami 2001. USC 2004 was just a hair behind Miami so maybe they were 4th.

USC in 2004 had many close games. They almost lost to Cal at home (won by 6), and struggled on the road beating Stanford by only 3, Oregon St by 8, UCLA by 5. They only beat Va Tech by 11.

Miami 2001 was probably the most talented team of all time but Nebraska 1995 is clearly the best. They kicked the shit out of everyone that year. The only game that was remotely close was when they hosted WSU and won by 14. WSU had an incredible run D that year and Nebraska had its sloppiest game of the year. They still managed to build a 21 pt lead into the 4th quarter.

GGGOOOUUUUGGGGGSSSS!!!
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club

Aaron Rodgers' Cal was a different animal