Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No greater indictment of Sark than ex-players mocking him

BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
edited August 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

Instead of rallying to defend their coach, Sark's former players are pouring gasoline on the blaze.

Players not improving ... Same dumb-ass mistakes game after game ... In-state recruiting had gone to shit.

I was glad Sark moved on to USC (especially when we lucked into Chris Peterson), but I had no idea of his thorough incompetence.

Derek, you were spot on when you wrote that post on the Oregon site (or wherever it was) calling for Sark to be fired midway through his third year. Won't doubt you again my man.

Comments

• LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter
    Wrote what poast?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

Instead of rallying to defend their coach, Sark's former players are pouring gasoline on the blaze.

Players not improving ... Same dumb-ass mistakes game after game ... In-state recruiting had gone to shit.

I was glad Sark moved on to USC (especially when we lucked into Chris Peterson), but I had no idea of his thorough incompetence.

Derek, you were spot on when you wrote that post on the Oregon site (or wherever it was) calling for Sark to be fired midway through his third year. Won't doubt you again my man.

What did Danny say?
    dnc said:

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

What did Danny say?
    nmbe
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,429 Founders Club

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

Actually, I first started saying it in October 2010 on DMc, to much derision. That's when Kim came up with the "Derek lost a lot of credibility around here when he started criticizing Sark." Which at the time felt like a dagger into the back, because I still considered Kim a friend, even though tensions had been slowly brewing. And here he was selling me down the river.
    You weren't respecting the bizness ...

What caused the tension? Your failure to wear Members Only jackets?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,429 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

It started with refusing to run certain articles that were critical of the athletic department. Then Kim got angry (privately) over criticism I had made about Emmert. Then Kim started getting offended and defensive by my anti-Sark comments.

Tequilla said:

It started with refusing to run certain articles that were critical of the athletic department. Then Kim got angry (privately) over criticism I had made about Emmert. Then Kim started getting offended and defensive by my anti-Sark comments.
    To summarize:

You were threatening their access (which KJV professes to not care about ... we all know the truth there) x3 ...

Clear violation of respecting the bizness ...

I think you should offer a truce package this holiday season consisting of a share of stock in both Chiquita Brands and Starbucks.
    edited August 2015

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

Actually, I first started saying it in October 2010 on DMc, to much derision. That's when Kim came up with the "Derek lost a lot of credibility around here when he started criticizing Sark." Which at the time felt like a dagger into the back, because I still considered Kim a friend, even though tensions had been slowly brewing. And here he was selling me down the river.
    It took you until October 2010?

dnc said:

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

Can't tell if you're kidding or not. But I criticized Sark in 2009, but did not publicly call for him to be fired until Oct 2010.

dnc said:

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

Can't tell if you're kidding or not. But I criticized Sark in 2009, but did not publicly call for him to be fired until Oct 2010.
    I thought you were saying you hadn't spoken out against him until Oct 2010. If you were critical from the get go, I can respect that.

That's basically how I was with Try. Criticized him from day one. Called for his firing after Suddenly Senior Day hit the papers before the Stanford game.
  • NevadaduckNevadaduck Member Posts: 193
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

I thought you were saying you hadn't spoken out against him until Oct 2010. If you were critical from the get go, I can respect that.

That's basically how I was with Try. Criticized him from day one. Called for his firing after Suddenly Senior Day hit the papers before the Stanford game.

You never gave the power of comportment a chance.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

After Sark's first game at UW I went on Dawgman and said why are we giving him so much credit for losing the game? And it was multiple long threads of derisive comments.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,029 Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

You never gave the power of comportment a chance.
    Guilty. I put Ty, Gilby and Sark on flatbeds before they were ever hired and deemed all three unsuitable for work.
    How many times do you have to be told?

NO RACIST CRAP
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468

Tequilla said:

This sounds more like the frustration of a closeted gay man's crush on his straight friend and the agonizing pain of an unrequited love.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Danny Shelton

Michael Hartvigson

I'm sure there are more.

If you weren't calling for Ty's firing after the AFA game, you were a Doog.