Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petros on Softy's Show

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
Reading between the lines, Seven is trending to not make it to Game #1 this year

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,691 Standard Supporter
    Petros on Softy's show?!?

That's a lot of beef hitting the hole.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Turned it on while grabbing lunch and heard that Petros was going on to be on ... absolutely could guarantee that he wasn't going to hold back.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    Petros thinks that Sark's already dead man drinkin?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

NOW THAT IS SOME MAJOR BEEF HITTING THE HOLE!

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,691 Standard Supporter

NOW THAT IS SOME MAJOR BEEF HITTING THE HOLE!

yadda yadda yadda
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Teq,

Cliffs? Petros has been a vocal critic of Sark since before his hire at SC.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Teq,

Cliffs? Petros has been a vocal critic of Sark since before his hire at SC.

Reading between the lines in the early portion of the call, Petros seems to suggest that Seven may be fired. Really bad situation down there. Vocal members of the local media are calling for him to be at minimum suspended (even for the year). Petros notes that there was no USC practice today and there is scheduled media availability for tomorrow. Compares it to basically a forest fire.

Both Softy and Petros publically acknowledge that this isn't exactly Seven's first rodeo. Softy talks about how he struggles with the question of reporting what he sees in these types of settings or not ... but acknowledges this behavior was seen at UW events as well. Petros adds that he knew Seven well before he got to UW.

Petros notes that both Kiffie and Seven were Petey's chosen ones that got the credit for the initial USC run even if not deserved. Judging by their performances on their own afterwards, you can draw your own conclusions.

Softy concludes by asking Petros whether or not Seven's at risk of getting fired. Petros clearly didn't want to answer the question and went through a lot of "I don't knows" while he found the right words. He said at minimum he'd suspend him to buy time while trying to figure out a solution and to get help for Seven (I took the answer to mean that he'd buy time to evaluate all of his options). Then he concluded by citing Mike Price and Gary Moeller getting fired for similar transgressions.

I got the impression that Petros has a good working knowledge of what was going on behind the scenes and didn't want to be the one that broke the news.
    FUCK!
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,585 Founders Club
    I heard it. I'll listen to Softy if he has a halfway decent person to interview, otherwise Shockey and him are torture.

Petros is always the jovial, laughing Greek guy. He had a serious tone. I think Sark's in some hot water.

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Two fat people talking to each other? Gross!

I agree, he's in trouble. Fired before November. Cook it.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited August 2015

Why was I left out??

Also: I just wanted him to embarrass himself and the mighty Trooj, I never wanted it to end this quick.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

Why was I left out??

Also: I just wanted him to embarrass himself and the mighty Trooj, I never wanted it to end this quick.
    He's in pretty bad shape, quick ending is probably his only mode.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    This is BS. FUCK THE MEDIA FOR PUTTING THIS ON SARK, FUCK THE BRUINS FOR SETTING THIS UP.

You give Sark 6 years he wins 3 Natty's. DAMNIT
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,605 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sark should've stuck to the duuudee, braahh it's all goood man mary jane that night