Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete's PM @ArtBriles

2»

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

According to wikipedia, he has a new job title

me w bib 2013

Can we have pics of bib?
    You're not missing anything
  • Options
    ArtBrilesArtBriles Member Posts: 167
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I always admired the guy without digging too deep. He was coaching U of H when I was living down there and turned them into a damn good team. Then turned Baylor into a top10 team from basically being worse than Oregon State over the last 30 years. He also put in his time, coaching high school for damn near 25 years and moving up the ranks from there. Not selling software, to offensive coordinator to HC at age 30.

Thank you!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

Man, it's just a really awesome day to be Coach Briles. Part of the media's problem is they just aren't trusting the message. They just need to trust a little more, and rip Coach Pete for not trusting the process.

Briles is pressing. He just needs to relax and let the media rip it!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Just another example of the scum that is Baylor University and Waco
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No idea why he just didn't say

"we had a long sit down with him prior to letting him join the team. He seemed like a kid who was committed to turning his life around so we thought we should give him a second chance. We layed down a strict set of rules which he followed. Sad to see how far he has fallen"
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This is the most defense Briles has ever played at Baylor.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Briles is digging in.

Yes, MikeFinger is my source.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    Founders Club
    What a cool day to be a hypocritical Baptist man...
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Just took a quick gander at the comments on the ESPN article...pretty much everyone from around the country believes Petersen.

Makes sense, what Briles said doesn't pass the smell test.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ArtBriles said:

I mean - who are you monkeys going to believe - me, or some church school coach?

• Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Perhaps Baylor ... and whoever happens to be "smart" there ... should have just told Briles that after your douche bag transfer gets convicted of rape, the appropriate response to all questions is "no comment".

Not because they don't trust Briles not to stick his foot firmly in his mouth, but because the people that pay the bills at that school need to worry about liability in a civil suit.

I would not defer to the fucking football coach to offer statements to the media when the issue involves writing a check to the victim.

Now, if the question is "why do all of our games beat the over in Vegas?", then Briles can feel free to opine until he's blue in his Baptist face.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I seriously wonder if the coaches association might do something about this. This is basically a BIG no-no in the coaching world to throw a coach under the bus in public like this. And Petersen is hugely respected in the coaching community. Kinda crazy, but it is Art Briles.

What Briles has done is basically screw all coaches from being able to talk to each other without a paper trail. If I was a coach every conversation would be through email and on the record now all because of this fuck stick.