Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How Much Talent did Sark waste in 2013?

124»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    HFNY said:

Yep and I agree with you that intangibles are no substitute for talent.

At the same time, someone like Jeff George was clearly very talented but never won in part because he didn't many intangibles (wasn't a leader, was a jerk, openly fought with coaches, etc etc etc). He was still talented enough to play in the NFL for 14 years, throwing for 27,602 yards and 154 career TDs.

Ryan Leaf kinda reminded me of George, except he had serious behavioral issues that ultimately manifested via his pill addiction and criminal behavior.

HFNY said:

All of those guys were very good college players but lacked the intangibles to succeed at the next level (things like leadership, work ethic, absolute will to win etc etc etc).

QBs like Russell Wilson and Joe Montana don't / didn't have ideal height and weight but they have those innate intangibles that has them not only making plays but also winning the Super Bowl.

Same for Drew Brees.

HFNY said:

So you're a strong believer in QBs like Jay Cutler, Ryan Leaf, Jeff George, JaMarcus Russell, etc etc?

Good to know.

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Would love to see a comparison to the 2000 team.
    Big difference is the QB and OL was better back then.

I'm not sure the QB was that much better. Tui was certainly a better runner. Quite HonestlyI think the difference was coaching, coaching, coaching.
    Tui had innate leadership which Price did not and I don't think Tui's leadership was because of coaching. He had that independently and the coaching enhanced it. Price was a better passer but Tui raised the level of play for everyone around him.
    I'm not a strong believer in the QB intangibles thing. I will concede that Tui was better at making big plays when the team needed them though.
    No. Those guys fucking sucked.

I believe in quarterbacks that actually make good plays, not "talented" gun slingers who suck.
    I disagree with Boobie about QB intangibles, but Montana and Russell Wilson produce and win. Same with Drew Bree's for the most part. Leaf, George, Russell, Locker, etc have talent, but they all suck.
    CHRIST

Jeff George had a big arm. That alone doesn't make a quarterback talented.

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,286 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, Ryan Leaf really sucked at wazzu...
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Can this be the next HH article?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Gladstone said:

Can this be the next HH article?

I was going to write an article but since you insulted me in the other thread I decided not to.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Jesus dude, if you can't take some friendly ribbing you're on the wrong forum.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Gladstone said:

Woosh!
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Gladstone said:

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club
    Am I on the right forum?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Am I on the right forum?