Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Minnesota AD is a 1/2 Brain

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,809 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Meyer and Harbaugh and Franklin >>>>>> Saban and Malzan and (Miles?)

Their coach is one more stroke away from half-a-brain

He's strangely a pretty good coach. Not great, but solid.
    That's because most of the coaches in the big10 are really fucking bad.
    Most coaches in any league are bad. But at the top the BIG is second only to the SEC
    Saban and Miles and Gus have natties. Harbaugh has nothing. Ask @RavennaDawg
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    Why do you hate the San Diego Tritons?

Broken down coach to coach, I take Urban over Saban. It's close, 1A 1B type stuff, but when splitting hairs you have to go by most recent performance. The last two years Saban, in addition to losing head-to-head, has turned into a bit of a whiny cunt who can't take responsibility for his own choke jobs. Urban has been unreal, adapting to injuries, recruiting, everything. tOSU is the premier program in College Football now.

Harbaugh over Malzan. What Harbaugh did at a D2 doormat, then Stanford, then the 49ers has to be one of the best stretches for any coach in football history. The turnaround at Stanford alone might be the most impressive. Saban couldn't hack it from a pure football sense in the NFL, so he doesn't have whatever intangible that is that decides which star college coaches successfully make the leap vs. the ones that flop. Harbaugh does, and he also has what it takes to recruit and win at this level too. Michigan is going to be scary. Malzan can't hold his jock.

I'll take Miles over Franklin, only bc he is funny and does have the natty and Franklin has yet to have a truly "great" season, though we'll find out more now that he's at an actual football school.

Doogles said:

Most coaches in any league are bad. But at the top the BIG is second only to the SEC
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,700 Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Broken down coach to coach, I take Urban over Saban. It's close, 1A 1B type stuff, but when splitting hairs you have to go by most recent performance. The last two years Saban, in addition to losing head-to-head, has turned into a bit of a whiny cunt who can't take responsibility for his own choke jobs. Urban has been unreal, adapting to injuries, recruiting, everything. tOSU is the premier program in College Football now.

Harbaugh over Malzan. What Harbaugh did at a D2 doormat, then Stanford, then the 49ers has to be one of the best stretches for any coach in football history. The turnaround at Stanford alone might be the most impressive. Saban couldn't hack it from a pure football sense in the NFL, so he doesn't have whatever intangible that is that decides which star college coaches successfully make the leap vs. the ones that flop. Harbaugh does, and he also has what it takes to recruit and win at this level too. Michigan is going to be scary. Malzan can't hold his jock.

I'll take Miles over Franklin, only bc he is funny and does have the natty and Franklin has yet to have a truly "great" season, though we'll find out more now that he's at an actual football school.

Doogles said:

You lost me at Tritons.

USD's mascot are the Toreros.

Bullfighting superiority guy.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

You lost me at Tritons.

USD's mascot are the Toreros.

Bullfighting superiority guy.

I was thinking UCSD, my bad
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I don't know if Saban couldn't hack it in the NFL. I think he probably could. Saban and his front office fucked up and traded for Culpepper instead of signing Brees. If they made the right move, he would have done well. His defenses were good. He was also only there for two seasons.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,923 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

As always, Mark Dantonio gets no love. That guy is a fucking good coach. James Franklin isn't worthy to pump his gas.

Doogles said:

As always, Mark Dantonio gets no love. That guy is a fucking good coach. James Franklin isn't worthy to pump his gas.
    Dantonio is the clear #3 in the BIG. Hope my Spartans are ready this year for Oregon
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I don't know if Saban couldn't hack it in the NFL. I think he probably could. Saban and his front office fucked up and traded for Culpepper instead of signing Brees. If they made the right move, he would have done well. His defenses were good. He was also only there for two seasons.
    That's all you need to know.
    When the Seahawks hired Carroll I thought it was the perfect Seattle move to hire a guy that had been fired twice already and was considered a NFL failure.

Little did I know
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

When the Seahawks hired Carroll I thought it was the perfect Seattle move to hire a guy that had been fired twice already and was considered a NFL failure.

Little did I know

I hated the move too.