Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has a recruit ever mentioned Jonathan Smith as a reason they committed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2015
    I'm not recalling any Peterman recruits saying any reasons they committed, I don't need to be patronized.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HuskyInAZ said:

No, but to my knowledge coordinators typically don't recruit much. They do when players are on campus, but the leg work is done by the position coaches.

Fair point, but when the head coach is talked about by recruits as having a relationship with them infinitely more that the OC........
    I remember Nussmeier being mentioned quite a bit by recruits, actually. Kiesau I heard mentioned a few times but mostly by lower-level guys or QBs talking about what they did on their visit which obviously would include meeting with their OC. Before that, Tim Lappano was just a lights-out recruiter. Everybody wanted to play for him. Same with John Pettas. Ace recruiter and quarterback whisperer, is what I heard. But Lappano and Pettas never had to deal with a quarterback who had trust issues either.
    For real or satire?