Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW ranked in the preseason Coach's poll

13»

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

Patohondo said:

It's OK because you're .....young

“This is going to be young, really young. But I will say this – we really like the kids that we recruited last year. We like the guys that we’re bringing in this year that aren’t even here. They’re going to be good players. And we have some good players that are young (that were recruited) before we got here that maybe haven’t done a whole lot. We are a young team, but we’ll get there.”

I would love to read the casting call for that kid.

"We need a hideously ugly 10-14 year old male. The more grotesque the better. If you think that is you, call Jeffrey at 1-888-casting or visit lacasting.com
    Dirty Opie. I believe Spade even calls him that in the film.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174

I miss the days when we were automatically ranked 20th....in a down year.

I remember those days - "Oh shit, we're playing Washington next game. Damn!".
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Fuck fat people for upping healthcare costs.

It's those skinny vegan health nuts that hang onto their last wisps of life for an extra 10 years that up healthcare costs.

Cholesterol and the diabetes are the only things saving our healthcare and social security systems.
    I like to ignore the costs of care while they are still alive. I do that. That's like saying more people should smoke, because they die earlier.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

Rick Neuheisel's Gary Pinkel's not walking through that door anytime soon

FIFY

Alexis said:

I miss the days when we were automatically ranked 20th....in a down year.

Rick Neuheisel's not walking through that door anytime soon
    You mean like the Indiana game? ;)
    Big10 > PacDreck
    You mean like the Uw/Illini game ;)

Pac12 Dreck > Big10 Dreck
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

It's those skinny vegan health nuts that hang onto their last wisps of life for an extra 10 years that up healthcare costs.

Cholesterol and the diabetes are the only things saving our healthcare and social security systems.
    I like to ignore the costs of care while they are still alive. I do that. That's like saying more people should smoke, because they die earlier.
    Fucking this.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I like to double down on 16 against dealer showing a 10 that's what I like to do.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/05iht-obese.1.9748884.html?referrer=&_r=0

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I like to double down on 16 against dealer showing a 10 that's what I like to do.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/05iht-obese.1.9748884.html?referrer=&_r=0

Disagree. The level of confounding and assumptions in that study are profound.

I'm not sure data from the Netherlands in 2003 is an appropriate surrogate for the US population, especially since outcomes in African Americans is will have worse outcomes in the US than a normal Dutch person. And, FWIW, the obese people and smokers who die off younger are producing less than the healthier people, especially since they have more dying off in the working age. They might cost less overall, but the fact they miss 5-10 years or so of producing means lost wages. It fails to compensate the differences in how much these people produced in their lifetimes. If the median US income is $52,000 and these people are dying off 5 years earlier, they're missing out on $260,000.

I'd have to look at the paper in more detail, but I don't think the study can be directly applied to an American population, especially since there will be differences in health care costs, health outcomes, indirect costs, non-medical costs, and other factors.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Patohondo said:

“This is going to be young, really young. But I will say this – we really like the kids that we recruited last year. We like the guys that we’re bringing in this year that aren’t even here. They’re going to be good players. And we have some good players that are young (that were recruited) before we got here that maybe haven’t done a whole lot. We are a young team, but we’ll get there.”

"We need a hideously ugly 10-14 year old male. The more grotesque the better. If you think that is you, call Jeffrey at 1-888-casting or visit lacasting.com
    it may have seemed like a good career move at the time but, now... clearly... Connor Halliday should have picked movies>>>football

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Patohondo said:

Huge ears a must...
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I'm not sure data from the Netherlands in 2003 is an appropriate surrogate for the US population, especially since outcomes in African Americans is will have worse outcomes in the US than a normal Dutch person. And, FWIW, the obese people and smokers who die off younger are producing less than the healthier people, especially since they have more dying off in the working age. They might cost less overall, but the fact they miss 5-10 years or so of producing means lost wages. It fails to compensate the differences in how much these people produced in their lifetimes. If the median US income is $52,000 and these people are dying off 5 years earlier, they're missing out on $260,000.

I'd have to look at the paper in more detail, but I don't think the study can be directly applied to an American population, especially since there will be differences in health care costs, health outcomes, indirect costs, non-medical costs, and other factors.
    We are talking about direct health care costs.

You can point out possible shortcomings of the study but what other study looked at costs per lifetime? I would like to see them.

Every study I've seen looking at the costs of obesity made comparisons on a yearly basis without considering fatties' shorter lifespans.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You can point out possible shortcomings of the study but what other study looked at costs per lifetime? I would like to see them.

Every study I've seen looking at the costs of obesity made comparisons on a yearly basis without considering fatties' shorter lifespans.
    Shit. Unleashed. Belongs.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Could you 3 fags please take this to the whogivesaflyingfuck bored?

Seriously, football is upon us - go fuck off with that shit