Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Someone please convince me that our OC and our offense isn't a complete dumpster fire.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Isn't it telling your the one making a fit out of it?
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

*You're
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

How so?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Lindy with a full off-season with Bubushka = at least 3rd team All Pac.

Cook it!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,541 Swaye's Wigwam
    The biggest thing I remember about that home opener was that pre-injury Kasen was a beast.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited July 2015

Roadie raises some viable concerns. I'll cut them some slack because it was a messy transition and the offense was replacing two all-americans, Kevin Smith, a QB and effectively Ben Riva. Loss of talent and messy transition. Abundance.

The biggest issue was probably QB as Cyler was 11th in the conference in QBR. The offense has to be better this year. With material improvement in QB play, I think it can be.

One thing about the play calling is there were plenty of times there was a call that players completely fucked up. Like Cyler fumbling for no reason. Dwayne Washington looking awful on wheel routes.

The only way anyone can cut Babushka slack is to believe that last year was the beginning of a 'my way or the highway' process not designed so much to win games, but to show our lazy slacker fucks what is expected.

If that's not what was going on (and from a certain perspective, that's what looked like was going on), we are F U C K E D.
    Explain please because I didn't see that at all. Shit tempo. Grabbag playcalling. Minimal improvement.

edit: lol @ calling boiseCC an upper tier school. Going from QB coach there to P12 OC was a huge stretch and well deserving of the criticism it has received.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    Gladstone said:

Roadie raises some viable concerns. I'll cut them some slack because it was a messy transition and the offense was replacing two all-americans, Kevin Smith, a QB and effectively Ben Riva. Loss of talent and messy transition. Abundance.

The biggest issue was probably QB as Cyler was 11th in the conference in QBR. The offense has to be better this year. With material improvement in QB play, I think it can be.

One thing about the play calling is there were plenty of times there was a call that players completely fucked up. Like Cyler fumbling for no reason. Dwayne Washington looking awful on wheel routes.

The only way anyone can cut Babushka slack is to believe that last year was the beginning of a 'my way or the highway' process not designed so much to win games, but to show our lazy slacker fucks what is expected.

If that's not what was going on (and from a certain perspective, that's what looked like was going on), we are F U C K E D.
    Explain please because I didn't see that at all. Shit tempo. Grabbag playcalling. Minimal improvement.

edit: lol @ calling boiseCC an upper tier school. Going from QB coach there to P12 OC was a huge stretch and well deserving of the criticism it has received.
    You're pretty fucking dumb, aren't you?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    don't cry, blondie
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    don't play that dude who fumbled away last year's Arizona game.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    We are undefeated.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I didn't like the Smith hire. (Agree with you @bananasnblondes on other points though). Not enough experience or track record. But I will cut him some slack and give him a chance.

That being said, if the offense is not materially better and by that I mean better to the point where we will look ahead and think it will be good in 2016, then Smith has to go. This school made the hires that ultimately saved Sark's job in 2012. It shouldn't be hesitant to give Petersen a blank check to go find a hot young coordinator.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Blame the coordinator, not the coach

doog 101
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

It's one thing to hire a QB coach from Baylor, Auburn, Ohio State, etc. It's another to hire one from an offense that wasn't even good. Bad hire. If you're going to hire a QB coach, at least hire one from a school with a great offense. I'm not sure how that can be argued.

I've never read one post here wanting Tui as the OC. It's okay to think critically sometimes and not just eat everything up with Petersen Banana boat. I get that you love him. Everyone here loved the hire, but fuck man, he hasn't proven anything yet.

He's been here for one fucking year. CHRIST.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    the offense sucks. Lindquist sucks. That Hawaii game was painful to watch and I expect moments like that again. That was the worst half of qb play since Casey paus. He could improve but I just don't see it happening. I think we have a long year ahead of us. If lindquist improved a lot form last year he would still be lucky to be considered average. 2020 will be special.