Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TE Devin Asiasi

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    dnc said:

And I don't think Terry Donahue was an underachiever. Every UCLA coach since him, no question. But Donahue was a damn good coach.

Respectfully disagree. He was simply okay, fairly conservative, would win the big games but then blow stupid games.

Those two Aikman teams were freaking stacked, and they had a future hall of fame QB for two years. Went 10-2 both years, no Rosebowl. If one of those two teams had broke through to a NATTY level like the 1991 Dawgs - it'd be a different story. But they didn't. So FO, TD.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

And I don't think Terry Donahue was an underachiever. Every UCLA coach since him, no question. But Donahue was a damn good coach.

Respectfully disagree. He was simply okay, fairly conservative, would win the big games but then blow stupid games.

Those two Aikman teams were freaking stacked, and they had a future hall of fame QB for two years. Went 10-2 both years, no Rosebowl. If one of those two teams had broke through to a NATTY level like the 1991 Dawgs - it'd be a different story. But they didn't. So FO, TD.
    How many Superb Owl champeen QB's have won a natty? None that I can think of. Namath maybe?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

My point is UCLA has one frigging Natty. They should just win. We have our own problems. Is there some fucking iron law that says Oregon should be better than us? F no. We need to win, but Broons are useless.

Although I'm glad @BallSacked is here on balance. First of all, I think he's a pretty good poaster, second it reminds me that the Bruins do have fans. When I lived in LA, I don't think I saw any.

I don't see many either. I meet tons of Laker and Clippers fans. Tons of Dodger fans. I used to watch every Pac 12 Network game at a sports bar and no matter where I went, there were a good amount of USC fans, but hardly any Broon fans.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My point is UCLA has one frigging Natty. They should just win. We have our own problems. Is there some fucking iron law that says Oregon should be better than us? F no. We need to win, but Broons are useless.

Although I'm glad @BallSacked is here on balance. First of all, I think he's a pretty good poaster, second it reminds me that the Bruins do have fans. When I lived in LA, I don't think I saw any.

I don't see many either. I meet tons of Laker and Clippers fans. Tons of Dodger fans. I used to watch every Pac 12 Network game at a sports bar and no matter where I went, there were a good amount of USC fans, but hardly any Broon fans.
    UCLA is a weird school because it's a world class university and in an amazing location, but no one anywhere gives a f.
  • Options

Probably because you're both poor. SC gets 100% of the sidewalk Messican alumni/fan.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Probably because you're both poor. SC gets 100% of the sidewalk Messican alumni/fan.
    What I lack in money, I'm rich in love. Lol at thinking rich people in LA give a shit about UCLA football. My main spot for the games was Busby's in Santa Monica. Sometimes I would go to Barney's in Burbank because a friend of mine lived nearby. Neither are located in poor areas. Both had very few Broon fans.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

What I lack in money, I'm rich in love. Lol at thinking rich people in LA give a shit about UCLA football. My main spot for the games was Busby's in Santa Monica. Sometimes I would go to Barney's in Burbank because a friend of mine lived nearby. Neither are located in poor areas. Both had very few Broon fans.
    Maybe you just didn't notice them inbetween bussing tables? Broons are there.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015

UCLA having a shitty fan base is pretty much a universal truth. At the rich, hip, douchy sports bar in the Marina @WilburHooksHands alerted me to there were tons of USC, UW, Oregon, and Cal douchebags. Even quite a few Domers and Michigan people were there. UCLA had zero presence.

If your argument is the reason nobody sees UCLA fans out (or in the rose bowl for that matter) is because they are too busy watching from their private yachts, light yourself on fire the next time you're with @thechatch
  • Options

But, seemingly not untrue. When I googled 'UCLA Mexican fan' this is what came back:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Doogles said:

UCLA having a shitty fan base is pretty much a universal truth. At the rich, hip, douchy sports bar in the Marina @WilburHooksHands alerted me to there were tons of USC, UW, Oregon, and Cal douchebags. Even quite a few Domers and Michigan people were there. UCLA had zero presence.

If your argument is the reason nobody sees UCLA fans out (or in the rose bowl for that matter) is because they are too busy watching from their private yachts, light yourself on fire the next time you're with @thechatch
    I've lived in SF for awhile too dingleberry, which is why I have to call you out on all your made up stories about the place. There are not tons of UW fans in San Francisco. Oregon and Cal - yes. SC & UCLA - not really. UW - very few. I'd say there are more Indiana fans in the marina bars than UW (or the two LA schools or Cal). We both know this.

You're out of your element. Shut it.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015

Doogles said:

I've lived in SF for awhile too dingleberry, which is why I have to call you out on all your made up stories about the place. There are not tons of UW fans in San Francisco. Oregon and Cal - yes. SC & UCLA - not really. UW - few. I'd say there are more Indiana fans in the marina bars than UW (or the two LA schools or Cal). We both know this.

The bar in question was the official Husky Bar, it was loaded ballbag. And SC pretty much owns the Marina so I don't know what you're talking about.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I've lived in SF for awhile too dingleberry, which is why I have to call you out on all your made up stories about the place. There are not tons of UW fans in San Francisco. Oregon and Cal - yes. SC & UCLA - not really. UW - few. I'd say there are more Indiana fans in the marina bars than UW (or the two LA schools or Cal). We both know this.

The bar in question was the official Husky Bar, it was loaded ballbag. And SC pretty much owns the Marina so I don't know what you're talking about.
    I have a weird feeling that God is going to smite us for talking too much about UCLA sports. It's obvious no one anywhere gives a shit and we're only arguing because we're here with some unfortunate soul who is—as a product of circumstance—on the wrong side of things.

It feels like punching a Down's Syndrome kid in a wheel chair just being he's like, "I'm better at World of Warcraft than you and I fingered your mom!"

Let @BallSacked have it.

UCLA Broons rule! Garby Bieber forever!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I have a weird feeling that God is going to smite us for talking too much about UCLA sports. It's obvious no one anywhere gives a shit and we're only arguing because we're here with some unfortunate soul who is—as a product of circumstance—on the wrong side of things.

It feels like punching a Down's Syndrome kid in a wheel chair just being he's like, "I'm better at World of Warcraft than you and I fingered your mom!"

Let @BallSacked have it.

What's the deal with the faggy 8 clap anyways?

• Options
    edited July 2015

Look at that dude! I'm sure there were no black athletes in '67 more deserving that Garby Bieban!! Not across town or in West Lafayatte! No Polish guys in Syracuse certainly!

Broowoof! The 8-to-7 TD/Int ratio just doesn't represent his contributions to that 7-2-1 Broons team!

I mean, just because they lost to Syracuse, USC and tied Oregon State it doesn't mean anything!

(Close your eyes @BallSacked - this was just a bad dream; definitely do not watch the part at 3:10 where Bieber gets munched by the Troje)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNUhKC7CCYU
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Let @BallSacked have it.

Not classy bro. Doogles doesn't have Down syndrome. He's just really stupid.

You're a worthy adversary DDY. You've clearly been #built4life.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Let @BallSacked have it.

Not classy bro. Doogles doesn't have Down syndrome. He's just really stupid.

You're a worthy adversary DDY. You've clearly been #built4life.

Damn skippy! Broowoof!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I live in the Bay as well and there a fuckload of UW fans in the Marina area. They are mostly broish doogs and I loathe every single one of them. Most UCLA grads I work with don't give a flying fuck about football and couldn't even say who their starting QB was.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    When I can escape familial commitments from my husband (and our other partner...fingers crossed SCOTUS approves poly amorous relationships... Go justice Kennedy fellow land park kid), I stumble to the Final Final. Seems to be more than a few UW fans there.