Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TE Devin Asiasi

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Another thing to consider is that USC only has 1 TE this season.

Cope-Fitzpatrick is academically ineligible (again) and they have a true freshman coming in. They also have a walk-on but the other TEs on the team were kicked off.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Another thing to consider is that USC only has 1 TE this season.

Cope-Fitzpatrick is academically ineligible (again) and they have a true freshman coming in. They also have a walk-on but the other TEs on the team were kicked off.

Sounds like an edgy TE squad
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I've been impressed with Petersens recruiting so I feel the chances with him are much higher whenever Sark had "chances" where he would invite these big name recruits up and his pitch would be "Hey bro you want to play Call of Duty on the jumbotron?"
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451

I've been impressed with Petersens recruiting so I feel the chances with him are much higher whenever Sark had "chances" where he would invite these big name recruits up and his pitch would be "Hey bro you want to play Call of Duty on the jumbotron?"

Hey, it worked for Kohler
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I had forgotten about that gaybob until you mentioned him. Thanks. God he sucked. Fag hair too.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I had forgotten about that gaybob until you mentioned him. Thanks. God he sucked. Fag hair too.
    Kohler wasn't awful when he got here, just went through the standard regression under Sark.

I remember him pancaking AA DT Crick from Nebraska as a true frosh.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    IDGAF about Asiasi. He's fine, but whatever. His teammate Tagaloa? Holy F that guy is good.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

IDGAF about Asiasi. He's fine, but whatever. His teammate Tagaloa? Holy F that guy is good.

Bruin.
  • Options

Bruin.
    I know... the consolation for me is that everyone who goes to UCLA ends up being inconsistent and soft. So, there's that.
    The one thing they have been consistent at is beating UW. Even Terry Donahue had a winning record vs Don James. Lulz.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bruin.
    I know... the consolation for me is that everyone who goes to UCLA ends up being inconsistent and soft. So, there's that.
    The one thing they have been consistent at is beating UW. Even Terry Donahue had a winning record vs Don James. Lulz.
    USC = Lakers

UCLA = Clippers

Hth.
  • Options

Bruin.
    It doesn't strike you as funny, though, that every year during that period UCLA was hauling in top-10 recruiting classes and we couldn't get half your players to visit here and he was 1 game over .500 (I believe) during that time?

I mean... that's my point. You guys always get Boss Tagaloa's and turn it into teams that are only slightly better than teams that get mid-tier guys.

It's like saying 'yeah, but we are 50/50 with WSU!!!' - uh, yeah, we should beat them every year and when we don't it's a colossal failure.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I want Tagaloa because his first name is Boss.

Boss Tagaloa- great name.
  • Options

Bruin.
    It doesn't strike you as funny, though, that every year during that period UCLA was hauling in top-10 recruiting classes and we couldn't get half your players to visit here and he was 1 game over .500 (I believe) during that time?

I mean... that's my point. You guys always get Boss Tagaloa's and turn it into teams that are only slightly better than teams that get mid-tier guys.

It's like saying 'yeah, but we are 50/50 with WSU!!!' - uh, yeah, we should beat them every year and when we don't it's a colossal failure.
    You made me look it up: 7-4-1 against Don James.

You're just mad it's not 1991 anymore, and you're mad that you're fat. So it's a coping mechanism. I get it. Most of your narratives about the sport are clearly stuck in 80s. Underachieving (Donahue) or overachieving (Don James) is indicative of the coach, not the program. It actually gives me hope about the programs potential, Donahue & Tolardo made 5 rosebowls. An even slightly above average coach is capable of more in my opinion.
  • Options

Bruin.

You made me look it up: 7-4-1 against Don James.

You're just mad it's not 1991 anymore, and you're mad that you're fat. So it's a coping mechanism. I get it. Most of your narratives about the sport are clearly stuck in 80s. Underachieving (Donahue) or overachieving (Don James) is indicative of the coach, not the program. It actually gives me hope about the programs potential, Donahue & Tolardo made 5 rosebowls. An even slightly above average coach is capable of more in my opinion.
    Last Rose Bowl Season: UW 2000 UCLA 1998

Obviously UCLA didn't reach the depths of UW since then, but UCLA has been pretty damn bad since their last Rose Bowl. Both programs suck.
    No doubt, but that's not the question. It's why they've sucked. Both programs have underachieved because they have made horrible coaching hires - Dorrell Gilby Ty Neu Sark. Fudge! (No swear bored).

They haven't sucked because the program is inherently predisposed to underacheive.

I guess you could say maybe both our schools administrations are predisposed to making bad decisions and being pussys which leads to underachieving. I could see the merit in that argument, but that's not DDYs argument.
  • Options
    UCLA has 1 National Championship and has had a billion 25 star recruits and is in Beverly Hills.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

UCLA has 1 National Championship and has had a billion 25 star recruits and is in Beverly Hills.

Cal has 5 Nattys. Sleeping Giant quite honestly.

DennisDeYoungFS (f stands for fat).
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    DDY's argument is ever so close to how the Coogs talk about UW. "Yeah you're better than us but you have so many more resources so you suck worse!!!!1"

Just fucking win.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    And I don't think Terry Donahue was an underachiever. Every UCLA coach since him, no question. But Donahue was a damn good coach.