Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Free Agency

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Depends on what you define as a really good place ...

I'm seeing them back in the range of being a playoff team ... which from where they are coming from is a huge difference. I'd agree that they need to have a far better than "very good" offseason to be in a position to win the West. But to get in a place to have a sound foundation from which to build on from this year? I absolutely think that that is possible.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Lebron fans sure are like Lebron. Really like to talk as if they win them all the time when they really only win them 33% of the time.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,629 Founders Club
    Really interesting that Race backs LBJ so much given that he's famous for the quote "winners win and losers lose"
    if you think Lebron is a loser then you're a loser

Case closed
    2-5 is 2-5

Just sayin
    Grandpa Race must have been borrowing Grandpa Sankey's eyes lately with his opinions on professional basketball ... either that or he's been hanging out with Bill Walton at the Dead concerts this weekend
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    Tequilla said:

Grandpa Race must have been borrowing Grandpa Sankey's eyes lately with his opinions on professional basketball

#BlackEyesMatter

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

LeBron should continue to opt out of his deal every summer, and see if he can take all 15 East teams to the finals in a 15 year span.

Winning the East 15 years in a row is not an accomplishment.

HTH.
    Not surprised that Kevin Love is staying in Cleveland next year ... very surprised that he signed for 5 years there though.
    Tequilla said:

Not surprised that Kevin Love is staying in Cleveland next year ... very surprised that he signed for 5 years there though.

Why are people surprised when a player takes the max money he can make? He can't wait for the cap to increase because if he gets hurt again or the Cavs don't win it all he isn't worth more money. 20 million is 20 million
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Look at the money Tyson fucking Chandler just got. The only thing that would stop Love from getting a max contract next year is a really serious injury.

Love put up numbers his first year in Cleveland that compare favorably to what Bosh did with Lebron. Miami and Houston threw max money at Bosh with no hesitation.

NBA GMs are really stupid but they're a hell of a lot smarter than fans. Fans that think Love stinks and just put up empty numbers. He is a great offensive player. Probably in the top 10 in the league. His only problem was that he was on a team with 2 of the top 5 offensive players in the league.

The money would have been there.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Why are people surprised when a player takes the max money he can make? He can't wait for the cap to increase because if he gets hurt again or the Cavs don't win it all he isn't worth more money. 20 million is 20 million
    I think he took it because he hasn't been the healthiest player. With the cap skyrocketing the next 3 years he's leaving a lot of potential money on the table. It's the smart move for a fragile big though.
  • HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    Yeah surprised that Love did not have an opt out clause. I am laughing at LAL not getting any of the top free agents.

That Chandler contract is a little confusing. Sure they have the best medical staff but he is getting older and his game is almost all based upon athleticism. Still if he helps them get LA than what a deal.

Look at the money Tyson fucking Chandler just got. The only thing that would stop Love from getting a max contract next year is a really serious injury.

Love put up numbers his first year in Cleveland that compare favorably to what Bosh did with Lebron. Miami and Houston threw max money at Bosh with no hesitation.

NBA GMs are really stupid but they're a hell of a lot smarter than fans. Fans that think Love stinks and just put up empty numbers. He is a great offensive player. Probably in the top 10 in the league. His only problem was that he was on a team with 2 of the top 5 offensive players in the league.

I'm going with Doogles take. I don't think he sucks but I don't think he is all that confident. He went for the security. He's been hurt every year in the league.

If someone wanted him that bad he'd be a Laker or Blazer now
    You mean besides the fact that the cap is going to explode exponentially over the next few years?

It's one thing if you are in for the long-term on Team LBJ, which he clearly is. But if you're going to say that he's trying to max out your long-term money, this isn't the smartest idea.
    Tequilla said:

You mean besides the fact that the cap is going to explode exponentially over the next few years?

It's one thing if you are in for the long-term on Team LBJ, which he clearly is. But if you're going to say that he's trying to max out your long-term money, this isn't the smartest idea.

We covered all that. thanks
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited July 2015

Most of the GM's are retards. It's like any business where it's about connections and hiring experienced front office types. It doesn't mean they are any good and some make mind blowingly stupid moves.

Love isn't a top 10 offensive player. He went from shooting 46% and averaging 26 to shooting 43% and averaging 16. I don't give a fuck who is on your team, a top 10 offensive player gets more than 16. Factor in he's a liability on defense and he's really not that good. He's David Lee that can shoot 3's. I don't fault Cleveland at all for signing him, but he's absolutely a big numbers on a shitty team guy.

The Tyson Chandler deal is actually somewhat of a bargain imo. 13 million per for Chandler when DeAndre Jordan is going to get the max (20-25 million per). I would rather have Jordan and he's younger, but he's not much better.