Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would you trade Petersen for Harbaugh?

Comments

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Yes
    Why do you give me this question...?

Seriously I hate it....

but until proven otherwise I'd have to take a sure thing. He's a total fuckstick and a douche.... but he's a winner.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Yes

Seriously I hate it....

but until proven otherwise I'd have to take a sure thing. He's a total fuckstick and a douche.... but he's a winner.

Harbaugh would be the modern day Gil Dobie.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,726
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yes

HFNY said:

I hear you and my hope is that Strausser's preference for bigger OL (vs what Tuff Guy Coz liked) will bring more smash. Same with multiple TEs since UW has Perkins, Daniels, and Ajamu to use.

Harbaugh brings the energy, sizzle, and name to a program now but Petersen is a better fit culturally and in terms of staying power. The last time UW had a coach longer than 6 seasons was Don James and I could see Harbaugh jumping ship to the NFL after 3 or 4 seasons while I see Petersen retiring from UW in 10-15 years.

Harbaugh is football the right way. Smash mouth, fuck 'em.

I love him deeply.

Pete is in the same tier though.

Harbaugh is idolized in Ann Arbor. Why on earth would he want to go back to the NFL where he got run out of town after making the NFC Championship 3 times in 4 years?

It is obvious he is having the time of his life right now. Look at the pictures of him competing shirtless at that satellite camp. You think this guy is itching to leave that?

Harbaugh is the next Saban.
    Yeah who wouldn't want to put on a faggy goof ball show in rural Alabama to woo high school kids after being in the super bowl 3 years ago. Sounds like a dream come true, quite honestly.
    *After being in the Super Bowl 3 years ago and still getting run out of town by fans like Free Chavez.

Harbaugh is living it up right now. He is a walking legend in Ann Arbor and IMO his competitive desires are more easily satisfied in college where he can do things like hold a satellite camp in the middle of Saban territory or take shots at Urban.

I would bet on him retiring at Michigan.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No

HFNY said:

I hear you and my hope is that Strausser's preference for bigger OL (vs what Tuff Guy Coz liked) will bring more smash. Same with multiple TEs since UW has Perkins, Daniels, and Ajamu to use.

Harbaugh brings the energy, sizzle, and name to a program now but Petersen is a better fit culturally and in terms of staying power. The last time UW had a coach longer than 6 seasons was Don James and I could see Harbaugh jumping ship to the NFL after 3 or 4 seasons while I see Petersen retiring from UW in 10-15 years.

I love him deeply.

Harbaugh is idolized in Ann Arbor. Why on earth would he want to go back to the NFL where he got run out of town after making the NFC Championship 3 times in 4 years?

It is obvious he is having the time of his life right now. Look at the pictures of him competing shirtless at that satellite camp. You think this guy is itching to leave that?

Yeah who wouldn't want to put on a faggy goof ball show in rural Alabama to woo high school kids after being in the super bowl 3 years ago. Sounds like a dream come true, quite honestly.
    *After being in the Super Bowl 3 years ago and still getting run out of town by fans like Free Chavez.

Harbaugh is living it up right now. He is a walking legend in Ann Arbor and IMO his competitive desires are more easily satisfied in college where he can do things like hold a satellite camp in the middle of Saban territory or take shots at Urban.

I would bet on him retiring at Michigan.
    All true, but he would not retire at Washington.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No
    I think as long as his brother has a super bowl ring he'll entertain a return to the nfl at some point.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,008
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No
    Doogles said:

I think as long as his brother has a super bowl ring he'll entertain a return to the nfl at some point.

True. Why would we want the third best coach in the Hairball family?

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No
    Ok show of hands... How many of you actually wear Walmart khaki's and white tennis shoes on game days?

be HONEST.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Yes

Ok show of hands... How many of you actually wear Walmart khaki's and white tennis shoes on game days?

be HONEST.

I'd wear Walmart pink khaki tutus on game days if we would win like Harbaugh.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,136
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Seriously I hate it....

The entire last line including being a douche is why I'd say yes if I cared to vote in the pole.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    Founders Club
    Yes

Seriously I hate it....

The entire last line including being a douche is why I'd say yes if I cared to vote in the pole.
    but you're above poles?
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yes
    I would take him, but he'd never come here. WTF would he?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes
    Thump said:

Our stadium is on a lake.
  • Options
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

Thump said:

Lake Michigan is a lot fucking bigger.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    No
    But the scenario has Harbaugh at UW, not Michigan. He didn't go to U-Dub, isn't idolized in Seattle, and would either go back to the NFL (or jump to Michigan).

In contrast, I think Petersen will retire from U-Dub and fits the program's culture well.

HFNY said:

I love him deeply.

• Options
    Yes
    HuskyInAZ said:

Thump said:

PurpleJ said:

Thump said:

Not trying to be #mapsuperiorityguy, but the Pacific Ocean is closer to Husky Stadium than Lake Michigan is to Ann Arbor. And I'm thinking the the Pacific Ocean is a lot fucking bigger.
    We aren't University of the Pacific, we are the University of Washington, so I think the relevance of the two bodies of water that share their names with their respective state schools, carries more weight. But why are we even on this tangent? He would never come to UW.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thump said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Thump said:

PurpleJ said:

Thump said:

Not trying to be #mapsuperiorityguy, but the Pacific Ocean is closer to Husky Stadium than Lake Michigan is to Ann Arbor. And I'm thinking the the Pacific Ocean is a lot fucking bigger.
    We aren't University of the Pacific, we are the University of Washington, so I think the relevance of the two bodies of water that share their names with their respective state schools, carries more weight. But why are we even on this tangent? He would never come to UW.
    Weak effort. You're the dumbshit that brought up Lake Michigan.

I still think the rainbow crosswalks could have been a huge draw had the Seattle government got with the program a bit sooner.