Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Would you trade Petersen for Harbaugh?

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Yes

HFNY said:

I hear you and my hope is that Strausser's preference for bigger OL (vs what Tuff Guy Coz liked) will bring more smash. Same with multiple TEs since UW has Perkins, Daniels, and Ajamu to use.

Harbaugh brings the energy, sizzle, and name to a program now but Petersen is a better fit culturally and in terms of staying power. The last time UW had a coach longer than 6 seasons was Don James and I could see Harbaugh jumping ship to the NFL after 3 or 4 seasons while I see Petersen retiring from UW in 10-15 years.

Harbaugh is football the right way. Smash mouth, fuck 'em.

I love him deeply.

Pete is in the same tier though.

Harbaugh is idolized in Ann Arbor. Why on earth would he want to go back to the NFL where he got run out of town after making the NFC Championship 3 times in 4 years?

It is obvious he is having the time of his life right now. Look at the pictures of him competing shirtless at that satellite camp. You think this guy is itching to leave that?

Harbaugh is the next Saban.
    Yeah who wouldn't want to put on a faggy goof ball show in rural Alabama to woo high school kids after being in the super bowl 3 years ago. Sounds like a dream come true, quite honestly.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Yes

I think Jimmy will go back to NFL in the next 5 years. I think CP stays here for 10+ if he's winning and doesn't get run.

Also, as a niner fan, I couldn't stomach anymore of that douche running a football team I love.

You deserve @owen16
    Yes
    Free Harvbaugh Road
    Yes
    Swaye said:

I said the other day that I think Urban Meyer will push Harvbaugh's shit in annually. I think that highly or Urban Meyer. He's won titles at two programs and I'm not certain his Utah team could have won a title with Alex Smith.Urban is on another level and is starting way ahead of Harvbaugh.

That said, this is an easy decision. UW has been a pussy, piece of shit program for a long time and Harbaugh would be the perfect antidote.

Being a big time NFL coach that has coached in a Super Bowl has a lot more meaning to recruits than Peterman coaching at dinky Boise State. I also prefer winning at almost any cost over OKG.

Petersen may end up being great, but I think Harbaugh is the safer bet. At worst Harvbaugh leaves and/or gets fired for doing something crazy, but leaves great talent. Worse case scenario for Peterman is Dan Hawkins part 2.

DNC's post before this had me on the fence, but this pushed me over. I change my mind. You guys are right. I will drink myself half to death tonight because it is Monday.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,503 Founders Club
    The Harbaugh obsession continues.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,503 Founders Club
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Yes
    Holly shit a lot of Doogs in this thread. Anyone who can turn a 12-13-1 all time Bowl record team into a National power house is a fucking coach
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Yes
    edited June 2015
    At this exact moment of time, gun to my head, truth serum flowing through the veins, Harbaugh. Obviously he's proven himself. All things and coaching abilities being equal though (and I believe their abilities are close), Petersen. So ask in a year or two.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,705 Swaye's Wigwam
    No
    I'd like to have a coach that can win without the Mike Stoops-esque meltdowns on the sidelines.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Yes
    Split second decision on this poll
    Yes

I'd like to have a coach that can win without the Mike Stoops-esque meltdowns on the sidelines.

Flagged for giving a fuck about how a coach wins.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,853 Founders Club
    Yes

Flagged for giving a fuck about how a coach wins.
    He can cheat on his wife with recruits in a pink tutu for all I care.