Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Phil Steele experience chart(deserves its own thread)

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,824 Founders Club
    Only DJ may report on all things UCLA.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,707 Swaye's Wigwam

A chart about Phil Steele's experience:

Hahaha haha
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

I was 14. So a mix between kinda weird and bad ass. I'll take it.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,644

@Spirit!!!! True??
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

How was doing it with your best friend's mom anyway.

cuogar life
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

How was doing it with your best friend's mom anyway.

cuogar life
    If we are bagging on people that lost their virginity to a MILF then I'm fucking out of here.

Or really..... Around here..... If we are bagging on people who lost their virginity then I'm fucking out of here.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Those numbers are near total speculation. All that does is confirm endlessly the "team is young" excuse. They are supposed to be young. They are in college. They're all young. If you want old motherfuckers watch the NFL. They have guys with receding hair lines and alimonies. Also some people love to spin numbers. They think the whole world can be reduced to a QUANTITY. These people view everything in terms of QUANTITY. It started with the pythagoreans. Yes, quantity has a role, but it is not everything.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    He's speculating who is a Sr.? Who is a JR.?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,644

Is Phil the brother of Lexington Steel?

I specifically axed for no racist crap!

this is the speculation:

To formulate a point system, I awarded 3 points for every senior starter (2.5 for every additional senior in the two deep) 2 points for every junior starter (1.5 for every additional junior in the two deep) 1 point for a sophomore starter (0.5 for every additional soph in the two deep) then subtracted 1 point for every frosh starter and .5 for every frosh in the two deep. The total points column uses that formula to figure out the points awarded to a team. The number before the team is where they came up in my overall ranking of all the teams in the NCAA. This list was compiled during m

why does he stop there? why not just go ahead an compute who wins the actual game too? People have to stop the team is young excuse. All this crap does is encourage it. Every fucking year since Lambo we've heard the team is young. Every fucking year. I've had enough of it. No more team is young excuse. No more numbers. If a player has been there a year, he's already been through 2 fall camps and 1 spring camp. Stop calling players young after the pure freshman year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

this is the speculation:

To formulate a point system, I awarded 3 points for every senior starter (2.5 for every additional senior in the two deep) 2 points for every junior starter (1.5 for every additional junior in the two deep) 1 point for a sophomore starter (0.5 for every additional soph in the two deep) then subtracted 1 point for every frosh starter and .5 for every frosh in the two deep. The total points column uses that formula to figure out the points awarded to a team. The number before the team is where they came up in my overall ranking of all the teams in the NCAA. This list was compiled during m

why does he stop there? why not just go ahead an compute who wins the actual game too? People have to stop the team is young excuse. All this crap does is encourage it. Every fucking year since Lambo we've heard the team is young. Every fucking year. I've had enough of it. No more team is young excuse. No more numbers. If a player has been there a year, he's already been through 2 fall camps and 1 spring camp. Stop calling players young after the pure freshman year.
    Everyone is tired of it, but if you can't see how this team is young I can't help you. I do agree that Steele's chart is pretty stupid.
    Well, I distinctly remember Ted Miller writing about how inexperienced the huskys were. In the year 2000 when they went to and won the Rose Bowl! Enough with the young team excuse.

Well, I distinctly remember Ted Miller writing about how inexperienced the huskys were. In the year 2000 when they went to and won the Rose Bowl! Enough with the young team excuse.

Well, that was a FS article. That team was a preseason top 25 team picked to win the Pac 10.

Well, that was a FS article. That team was a preseason top 25 team picked to win the Pac 10.
    that only means they prudently ignored the "team is young" cliches.
    also in those days Ted Miller was the local beat writer.
    edited June 2015

that only means they prudently ignored the "team is young" cliches.
    Senior QB, mostly senior OL. Stevens was already a beast. The defense had Tripplett of a 2nd team all conference season. Pharms, Daniels, Akbar, Curtis Williams. That wasn't a young or inexperienced team anywhere except CB and WR.