Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gary Player on Chambers Bay: 'One of the worst golf courses I've ever seen'

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    HuskyInAZ said:

Despite the fact that the course looks horrible and there have been a ton of really shitty outcomes from great shots, with 12 holes to go, the leaderboard is outstanding. Better than any major that I can recall in a long time. Maybe the USGA is getting lucky like Sark did against Stanford and Arizona last year.

• HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

HuskyInAZ said:

Despite the fact that the course looks horrible and there have been a ton of really shitty outcomes from great shots, with 12 holes to go, the leaderboard is outstanding. Better than any major that I can recall in a long time. Maybe the USGA is getting lucky like Sark did against Stanford and Arizona last year.

When the top 10 at the US Open is comprised of 4 players currently in the top 10 world rankings, it's not luck. And 9/10 players in the top 10 at the Open are currently top 50 in world rankings.

Take your Sark shit to the Sark board.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

These cocksuckers who say, "Get in the hole!" yell, tell players they love them (wtf) and whoo after every single shot need to DIAFF.

I love you
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    The course fucking sucks. On KJR all week they were trying to convince people at that all these pro golfers are wrong and it's a fantastic course.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited June 2015

The course fucking sucks. On KJR all week they were trying to convince people at that all these pro golfers are wrong and it's a fantastic course.

If KJR is defending the course, you know it sucks.

Flagged you for listening to KJR all week.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,546 Founders Club
    dnc said:

These cocksuckers who say, "Get in the hole!" yell, tell players they love them (wtf) and whoo after every single shot need to DIAFF.

I love you
    One of thousands
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Radio broadcast is making it crystal clear, the USGA decided on this specific mix in the greens. They say... It's designed to grow during the day and CAUSE bumps.

Making it clear the greens were not Chambers Bay decision.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

The course is shit and you're all fags

and yur on a message bored talking about the USOpen
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

POTD.

/thread
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    Winners win and losers complain about the greens. Fuck off.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

You sound like a bitter ex-golfer who didn't make the cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FqZy-to7c
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,634 Standard Supporter

Doesn't every single British Open course have ugly, brown, uneven grass/greens too? Nobody ever complains. Plus the weather is always awful. At least it's nice in Tacoma.

Move to Cockingham, you Limey fuck.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,546 Founders Club

Doesn't every single British Open course have ugly, brown, uneven grass/greens too? Nobody ever complains. Plus the weather is always awful. At least it's nice in Tacoma.

Move to Cockingham, you Limey fuck.
    Burn!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    edited June 2015
    The winner said 18 sucked ... as a Par 4. Was also quoted as saying it is a great par 5.

I was shocked that the USGA played 18 as a par 5 today ... was an absolutely great call.

The scores were great today and solid for the tournament overall. 274 is a solid score for winning.

The browness of the course is standard for almost all of the US Open courses - it's called firm and fast.

Two things for anybody bitching about the greens:

1) most putts I saw missed were tied to hesitant and poor strokes - these greens demanded firm and confident strokes vs babying putts into the hole

2) you could argue that the course setup was also influenced by the greens to make for more opportunities for players to score

And finally, the #2 player in the world won. When the US Amateur was played in 2010, the final consisted on the #1 and #2 amateurs in the world. If the measure of a championship course is identifying the best player(s), hard to argue with the results that Chambers is producing
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

The winner said 18 sucked ... as a Par 4. Was also quoted as saying it is a great par 5.

I was shocked that the USGA played 18 as a par 5 today ... was an absolutely great call.

The scores were great today and solid for the tournament overall. 274 is a solid score for winning.

The browness of the course is standard for almost all of the US Open courses - it's called firm and fast.

Two things for anybody bitching about the greens:

1) most putts I saw missed were tied to hesitant and poor strokes - these greens demanded firm and confident strokes vs babying putts into the hole

2) you could argue that the course setup was also influenced by the greens to make for more opportunities for players to score

And finally, the #2 player in the world won. When the US Amateur was played in 2010, the final consisted on the #1 and #2 amateurs in the world. If the measure of a championship course is identifying the best player(s), hard to argue with the results that Chambers is producing

Somehow I doubt you would say any of this except for the fact it's a local course that you have played before.