Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Byron Murphy (2016, ATH, Scottsdale AZ) Visiting this Weekend

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think we're in his top 3 or 5.

Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually commits to CP. Took only one CB last year (Miller) so probably 2 or 3 are slated for the 2016 class.

I had a post about a month ago that this class will be 12-14 guys but I'm now thinking more like 15 or 16.

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    It's going to be interesting with class sizes going forward after this year. I believe 4 year scholarships are close or have been passed, which makes it much harder and risky to push kids along and out of your program if they suck. It will also put a big emphasis on evaluation too.

I think we will likely take 18 in this class, but I know nothing (Jon Snow).
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I think we have 13 players who are SRs and there could be a few guys who are RS-JRs who hang it up after graduating rather than sticking around for a 5th year.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    His offer list is very impressive, including USC, UCLA, Florida State, Michigan, MSU, Ole Miss, Nebraska, ND, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, A&M, Wisconsin and most recently, Texas.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'd like to Doog a little and say that he should want to play with Budda Baker and Sidney Jones. Lake did a great job with the secondary last year and he easily could've submarined Peters' draft status if he was d*ck...but he's not.

His offer list is very impressive, including USC, UCLA, Florida State, Michigan, MSU, Ole Miss, Nebraska, ND, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, A&M, Wisconsin and most recently, Texas.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Pepsi's 18 is on the lower end. Somewhere between 18-22 would be my guess.

13 seniors and Miles' likely departure is 14. I bet we see a couple more defections before the start of the season. Guys will get in trouble, slack off, go home when try should stay, etc. Then there will be a couple transfers/medical retirements after the season.
  • Options

I think Pepsi's 18 is on the lower end. Somewhere between 18-22 would be my guess.

13 seniors and Miles' likely departure is 14. I bet we see a couple more defections before the start of the season. Guys will get in trouble, slack off, go home when try should stay, etc. Then there will be a couple transfers/medical retirements after the season.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but whenever I am curious about the scholarship numbers or where kids are, I often use this spreadsheet that's updated by Chris Landon:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m_vhaFS8J1PQOSEb6OfUkkBXy3CacQG1jt4sDT2Doe8/edit?pli=1#gid=1348291839

It seems to count Masel as a scholarship LS, which would put us at 14 for this year but it also says we're at 87, so I'm not sure what'll happen between now and fall camp.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    113 degrees in Phoenix today. A smart move to get the heck out of the heat down here and up to a sunny and 75 Seattle. Color me jealous.

I filmed this kid's team in junior football. He was a stud back then (not physically, but certainly athletically). Pretty cool to see him grow and be successful.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited June 2015
    HFNY said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually commits to CP. Took only one CB last year (Miller) so probably 2 or 3 are slated for the 2016 class.

I had a post about a month ago that this class will be 12-14 guys but I'm now thinking more like 15 or 16.

If a veteran coach like Petersen only takes 12-14 he should be fucking fired in the parking lot. That is some Sark type noob shit. Either buy in and improve see the field or transfer. Its not a difficult concept
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HuskyInAZ said:

113 degrees in Phoenix today. A smart move to get the heck out of the heat down here and up to a sunny and 75 Seattle. Color me jealous.

I filmed this kid's team in junior football. He was a stud back then (not physically, but certainly athletically). Pretty cool to see him grow and be successful.

We need to cut off the internet from prison already.
  • Options

HFNY said:

If a veteran coach like Petersen only takes 12-14 he should be fucking fired in the parking lot. That is some Sark type noob shit. Either buy in and improve see the field or transfer. Its not a difficult concept
    The number will probably be around 16-17. It's a result of the previous coach recruiting a bunch of flame-outs, and hence, there are very few graduating players. It's also because kids ARE buying into Petersen's program. Ektard, of LPT fame, finally admitted this week that they misjudged how many kids would be leaving the program because they wouldn't "buy in to Petersen's mantra". It turns out a lot of players prefer a staff of adults to a group of waitress-chasing frat-tards. But since we have to avoid doing "sark type noob shit"at all costs, we need to tell 7 or 8 players currently on scholarship that they need to pack up their shit and leave. That will go over just wonderfully with kids buying into the program Petersen is pimping to them and I'm sure the media will have wonderful things to say about that strategy.

In fact, this is the exact opposite of the "sark type noob shit" you describe. If you look back at Sark's classes, he was always taking a ton of kids, many of whom didn't deserve scholarship offers. If you have 16 spots to fill, you take the best 16 kids you can in the class. Eventually the classes will round out.
    Agreed. Petersen has his way of recruiting, and it's founded on building a relationship with the players. He isn't like Sark who only pays attention to the stars and starters (and who doesn't scream at his players too while drunk in the team hotel). I'd really say something about Petersen if he was losing 7-8 players each year that he has built a relationship with.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    As others have mentioned, attrition is running less than some thought and Petersen and Co. look to build long-term relationships with players.

So it's not hard to imagine Petersen's 3rd class being his smallest.

HFNY said: