Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

9 Black People Gunned Down at Bible Study, Obvious Hate Crime

123457»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

I think most all guns should be legal, but you should have to get a license like for driving. You should have to take a safety class and pass it, and you should have to take a mental exam provided by a third party to screen for crazy people.

This, and a registry, is pretty much what I've been advocating all thread

• drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    Guns are made to kill. The owner should take reasonable care to ensure that the gun is secure. Else the owner of the gun shall be partly responsible for destruction caused.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited June 2015

I think most all guns should be legal, but you should have to get a license like for driving. You should have to take a safety class and pass it, and you should have to take a mental exam provided by a third party to screen for crazy people.

But the extreme right will fight this with all their will... because Hitler...
    OZONE said:

But the extreme right ISIS will fight this with all their will... because Hitler...
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Swaye said:

I can sum all this up with "I am for guns, but against control (government)."

In closing, I would like to show boobs and poor trigger discipline. Just because.

PM to anyone that downvotes
    AZDuck said:

Internal boundaries are meaningless in most of the United States - there are no border controls between California and Arizona, or between Illinois and Kentucky.

The one state where there is a de facto border - Hawaii - that also has the among the most, if not the most stringent gun regulations in the country, has the lowest rate of firearm violence.

It is kind of hilarious that much of this bored can't seem to process those two simple facts

I like to compare what is more or less a state by name but more of a sovereign nation in culture and yes race to states connected in the mainland trying to prove a point.

TWILTD
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

AZDuck said:

I think that a change in regulation has to be enforceable. Indiana and Wisconsin are in Chicago's suburbs - it is too easy. The District of Columbia has among the nation's strictest gun laws. Virginia has among the nation's most lenient. Do you think that people in DC who want guns might take advantage of that?

I'm also a reality-based waterfowl. Obviously many regulatory regimes don't work. Hawaii's gun registry seems to have been more effective than any other regime used in this country.

Using a one-off like a mass shooting doesn't tell me that Hawaii's gun laws are ineffective. The overall firearm death rate in Hawaii which is the lowest in the US tells me that Hawaii's system works better than anything on the mainland. But yeah, change would need to be federal, since one mainland state doing things differently wouldn't matter if the state next door didn't follow along.

You act like there is no correlation between regulation and firearm deaths but the vast difference between the US and every other industrialized nation with better firearm regulation says otherwise.

I also think that Alaska is a special case and should probably have its own regime where guns are concerned - people NEED guns in Alaska in a way that they don't in the other 49

Using a one off shooting in South Carolina does not tell me that South Carolina's gun laws are ineffective.

How are the two different?

There are more handgun murders in California than South Carolina and North Carolina ... combined. Yet Cali has more stringent regulations.
    California population: 35,000,000 or so

Both Carolinas: maybe 8,000,000, probably less
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    I was robbed at gun point by two faggot white trash teens in what I thought was a good neighborhood. I had six fucking dollars in my wallet. I have no idea if better fucking gun control would have prevented it, but chances are it would have helped. Sane, responsible people can usually handle guns and I have no problem with people defending their homes with them. But the homicide, robbery, and mass shooting by gun rates are astronomical. Yes, you have to have some restrictions...or stick with the status quo and keep defecting the issue when 25 innocent children get mowed down.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    edited June 2015

topdawgnc said:

AZDuck said:

I think that a change in regulation has to be enforceable. Indiana and Wisconsin are in Chicago's suburbs - it is too easy. The District of Columbia has among the nation's strictest gun laws. Virginia has among the nation's most lenient. Do you think that people in DC who want guns might take advantage of that?

I'm also a reality-based waterfowl. Obviously many regulatory regimes don't work. Hawaii's gun registry seems to have been more effective than any other regime used in this country.

Using a one-off like a mass shooting doesn't tell me that Hawaii's gun laws are ineffective. The overall firearm death rate in Hawaii which is the lowest in the US tells me that Hawaii's system works better than anything on the mainland. But yeah, change would need to be federal, since one mainland state doing things differently wouldn't matter if the state next door didn't follow along.

You act like there is no correlation between regulation and firearm deaths but the vast difference between the US and every other industrialized nation with better firearm regulation says otherwise.

I also think that Alaska is a special case and should probably have its own regime where guns are concerned - people NEED guns in Alaska in a way that they don't in the other 49

Using a one off shooting in South Carolina does not tell me that South Carolina's gun laws are ineffective.

How are the two different?

There are more handgun murders in California than South Carolina and North Carolina ... combined. Yet Cali has more stringent regulations.
    California population: 35,000,000 or so

Both Carolinas: maybe 8,000,000, probably less
    Both Carolinas population - around 14,750,000. California's population around 38,000,000.

The murder rate in the Carolinas is LOWER than the murder rate in California. Or at least that's what the data says.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

I was robbed at gun point by two faggot white trash teens in what I thought was a good neighborhood. I had six fucking dollars in my wallet. I have no idea if better fucking gun control would have prevented it, but chances are it would have helped. Sane, responsible people can usually handle guns and I have no problem with people defending their homes with them. But the homicide, robbery, and mass shooting by gun rates are astronomical. Yes, you have to have some restrictions...or stick with the status quo and keep defecting the issue when 25 innocent children get mowed down.

Astronomical?

Don't let media hype influence the pure facts.

Less than 1% of the population is murdered by a gun.

264 people were maimed when the Boston bombing occurred.

Should we ban pressure cookers?

More people are murdered with knives than shotguns.

Crazy people are going to crazy ... you can't stop it with laws and regulations.

Short of repealing the second amendment ... good luck with that.
    topdawgnc said:

Astronomical?

Don't let media hype influence the pure facts.

Less than 1% of the population is murdered by a gun.

264 people were maimed when the Boston bombing occurred.

Should we ban pressure cookers?

More people are murdered with knives than shotguns.

Crazy people are going to crazy ... you can't stop it with laws and regulations.

Short of repealing the second amendment ... good luck with that.
    You can't stop anything with laws and regulation.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    You want more regulation? Fine. But don't be surprised when you end up giving more incentive to the black market weapons trade. Fuck. It's like some of you retards don't understand how criminals get their guns.
    PurpleJ said:

You want more regulation? Fine. But don't be surprised when you end up giving more incentive to the black market weapons trade. Fuck. It's like some of you retards don't understand how criminals get their guns.

We won't be surprised. And child trafficking in the black market is more prevalent since regulation. Prostitution is almost entirely a black market good. Of course black market activity and regulation are correlated.

The bottom line is that regulation creates barriers to entry. If you can overcome the barriers, then the regulation doesn't matter. So you have to target your audience with effective barriers. In most cases these barriers may affect an unreasonable amount of people usually due to identifying an audience too broad. That's where the affected people voice their opinions and start change.

The issue with guns is that it's very hard to figure out which people are going to be killers. If you can narrow down repeat types like people that have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, or diabetes, or people who've been documented making a kill threat, then you target that audience. But that's the trouble. There are too many different types of killers. And when killers get their hands on a device specifically designed to kill...death is inevitable. So, we need broader regulations. Innocent lives are too important.

The black market is the bridge over the barrier. They are the anti-government. Black markets have a varying degree of tolerance. Gun black markets affect lives. Tolerance for weapon's black markets needs to decrease.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Great thread for right wing dick sucking Rush lovers