Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

im hearing Rusty is worth $33 million/year

2»

Comments

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Russ is a sociopath therefore he knows he will win next years Super Bowl and be worth 1billion spacebucks afterward.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2015
    dnc said:

Kjr. Some national analyst yesterday morning.

Kjram.com

Says Rusty has the leverage and knows at least 2 teams waiting to pay him and surrender two #1's to Seattle.

That would be tampering.

Obviously if it takes that much to sign him I'd franchise him for two years then let him walk for the two first rounders (unless the cap goes up massively in that time).

I can't imagine Wilson would be foolish enough to play two more years behind that line without any guarantee beyond the current season.

I'd be shocked if they don't get him signed without invoking the tag for 4 years for somewhere between $22-25 million a year.
    Hook on playah!

He may not stay if being tagged once. He sure as hell aint staying if being tagged twice.

But seriously folks. RW is not a top shelf QB in this league. The argument that, "well look at his receivers and Oline, blah blah fucking blah.

Since He's the best running qb ever, He doesn't need an Oline. Good Olines are for and only really benefit pocket passers and He aint one of those. His completion % in the pocket beyond 10 yards is atrocious.

With that said, He's a top 15 QB in the league and deserves $20MM pr year with half guaranteed. Nothing more nothing less.

Trent Dilfer has Super Bowl ring.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Kjr. Some national analyst yesterday morning.

Kjram.com

Says Rusty has the leverage and knows at least 2 teams waiting to pay him and surrender two #1's to Seattle.

That would be tampering.

Obviously if it takes that much to sign him I'd franchise him for two years then let him walk for the two first rounders (unless the cap goes up massively in that time).

I can't imagine Wilson would be foolish enough to play two more years behind that line without any guarantee beyond the current season.

I'd be shocked if they don't get him signed without invoking the tag for 4 years for somewhere between $22-25 million a year.
    Hook on playah!

He may not stay if being tagged once. He sure as hell aint staying if being tagged twice.

But seriously folks. RW is not a top shelf QB in this league. The argument that, "well look at his receivers and Oline, blah blah fucking blah.

Since He's the best running qb ever, He doesn't need an Oline. Good Olines are for and only really benefit pocket passers and He aint one of those. His completion % in the pocket beyond 10 yards is atrocious.

With that said, He's a top 15 QB in the league and deserves $20MM pr year with half guaranteed. Nothing more nothing less.

Trent Dilfer has Super Bowl ring.
    If there are 8 QB's in the NFL you'd take over Wilson you are FS. And while your point about his style negating the passblocking issues is sound (the Seahawks clearly agree), you can't just downplay his lack of receivers. That's a real issue.

And of course, the fact he can run so well is major part of his value, especially in the Seahawks offense. Lynch averaged 3.95 yards per carry for Seattle before Wilson (and just 3.99 yards per carry in his NFL career to that point). With Wilson he's averaged 4.63 yards per carry.

Call me a hook all you want, if you think Wilson is just a top 15 QB in the league you're very wrong.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Russell Wilson - Passing DVOA inside pocket
    2012 - 37.8% (7th)
    2013 - 35.0% (8th)
    2014 - 24.0% (11th)

But why is Wilson not a pocket passer?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Russ is a sociopath therefore he knows he will win next years Super Bowl and be worth 1billion spacebucks afterward.

That's a lot of space cash

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2015
    dnc said:

Russell Wilson - Passing DVOA inside pocket
    2012 - 37.8% (7th)
    2013 - 35.0% (8th)
    2014 - 24.0% (11th)

But why is Wilson not a pocket passer?

So he's top 10 inside the pocket, top 5 outside of it, and top 2 as a runner, with plenty of intangibles.

Top 15 QB.
    I'm not sure the stat that Steve in Prison came up is but whatever it is it dropped 10 PTs over the year before.

Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl. Guess what Russell And Trent have in common with him. Great D s and top shelf running games when they won. Russel has never had pressure to outscore the other team. At least it's been rare. He's a clutch player but he rarely has had allot of pressure on him to be that.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Derek Anderson made a Pro Bowl. Hey, this is a fun game.

Wilson hasn't had great receivers or a great offensive line. If you're going to say his worth is inflated due to Lynch and the d, you can't dismiss those. He's earned a place among the top seven or eight qb's. He's about where Rapelisberger was in 2007, but with different skills.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    He may be one of the 7 or 8th best qb's... He might be higher or lower... One thing for sure, he WILL be the highest paid player when he inks his deal.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He also made a distinction between various FA designations.

Astute readers will realize "I" haven't advocated anything.

It's what I'm hearing, don't twist. It's an NFL bored. It's topical to both 12's and to football fans.

... and if your gonna pull a hondo, stop reading, invent points you wish were made so you can respond to them... Perhaps a trip to the Pound is in order... to claim a lost puppy you could take on long walks...

Free pub!!!

Russell won't get $33 million. He will get around cam Newton money. But structured differently. Cap friendly with bonus money and high guaranteed money.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Is that what you've been authorized to say?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yes Obama pays me directly to comment on HH. The cool thing is, because of the IRS scandal, he pays me under the table and I get free medical insurance, free housing, free food, and a free fucking cell phone with unlimited data.

Or you are a faggot and Russell is gonna sign a monster contact in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Yes Obama pays me directly to comment on HH. The cool thing is, because of the IRS scandal, he pays me under the table and I get free medical insurance, free housing, free food, and a free fucking cell phone with unlimited data.

Or you are a faggot and Russell is gonna sign a monster contact in the next few weeks.