Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

im hearing Rusty is worth $33 million/year

sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited June 2015 in NFL Talk
Guaranteed for 5 years...

Or would you rather have two first round choices?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Link someone actually saying this bullshit or GTFO. No one thinks that.
  • Options
    Kjr. Some national analyst yesterday morning.

Kjram.com

Says Rusty has the leverage and knows at least 2 teams waiting to pay him and surrender two #1's to Seattle.
  • Options

Kjram.com

Says Rusty has the leverage and knows at least 2 teams waiting to pay him and surrender two #1's to Seattle.

That would be tampering.

Obviously if it takes that much to sign him I'd franchise him for two years then let him walk for the two first rounders (unless the cap goes up massively in that time).

I can't imagine Wilson would be foolish enough to play two more years behind that line without any guarantee beyond the current season.

I'd be shocked if they don't get him signed without invoking the tag for 4 years for somewhere between $22-25 million a year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    And little reason IMO to not make a significant portion of Wilson's contract guaranteed money
  • Options
    dnc said:

Kjram.com

That would be tampering.

Obviously if it takes that much to sign him I'd franchise him for two years then let him walk for the two first rounders (unless the cap goes up massively in that time).

I can't imagine Wilson would be foolish enough to play two more years behind that line without any guarantee beyond the current season.

I'd be shocked if they don't get him signed without invoking the tag for 4 years for somewhere between $22-25 million a year.

Are you always this naive in real life?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

Kjram.com

That would be tampering.

Says the guy who listens to KJR...
  • Options
    Could have been worse... Could have had Taylor Swift blazing with the windows down.
  • Options

dnc said:

Kjram.com

That would be tampering.

You're the one who thinks there are real life NFL teams willing to wait three full years to find a QB just in case Russell Wilson hits the open market and takes their offer over all other bidders, and I'm the naive one.

FO, S
  • Options
    He also made a distinction between various FA designations.

Astute readers will realize "I" haven't advocated anything.

It's what I'm hearing, don't twist. It's an NFL bored. It's topical to both 12's and to football fans.

... and if your gonna pull a hondo, stop reading, invent points you wish were made so you can respond to them... Perhaps a trip to the Pound is in order... to claim a lost puppy you could take on long walks...
  • Options
    edited June 2015

It's what I'm hearing, don't twist. It's an NFL bored. It's topical to both 12's and to football fans.

... and if your gonna pull a hondo, stop reading, invent points you wish were made so you can respond to them... Perhaps a trip to the Pound is in order... to claim a lost puppy you could take on long walks...

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

You heard it on KJR, not an actual source who knows a thing about football.

HTH
  • Options
    edited June 2015

HTH
    You'd rather not know what's being discussed about a hot national topic, regarding the QB position on the local NFL team... On a local message bored... Titled "NFL talk"???
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    Founders Club

HTH
    You'd rather not know what's being discussed about a hot national topic, regarding the QB position on the local NFL team... On a local message bored... Titled "NFL talk"???
    I considered calling it "NFL Hot Talk"
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I could possibly see the Browns and the Jets offer that kind of coin and picks for Russell. But there is a trend with these two teams, as they are the most horribly ran franchises in the history of the NFL. Any team that sends two #1's and ransoms that much of their salary space, have no idea how to win in this league.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The Jets and Bills would be my guess. Their rosters are similar to Seattle except they don't have a QB. Both become instant Superbowl contenders with Wilson. At any rate, it's all bullshit though. Wilson will get signed sooner than later at his market value.

I know it's weird to see all this Seahawk media attention about absolutely nothing, but this is what happens to top tier teams. Seattle hasn't had a top team before so it's all new to everyone.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2015

The Jets and Bills would be my guess. Their rosters are similar to Seattle except they don't have a QB. Both become instant Superbowl contenders with Wilson. At any rate, it's all bullshit though. Wilson will get signed sooner than later at his market value.

I know it's weird to see all this Seahawk media attention about absolutely nothing, but this is what happens to top tier teams. Seattle hasn't had a top team before so it's all new to everyone.

Buffalo's defense is shit. They'll continue to suck as they are the Bills (Iron clad law)

The Jets have a great defense, but their offense has been terrible, but they did get Marshall. The problem is though they are paying a huge chunk of change to Revis and Marshall, and to sign Russell at that price, they would have to sell off a third of their defense. The Jets don't have enough playmakers to make up for that, and so signing Wilson would make them a borderline wild card team.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Buffalo's defense is shit. They'll continue to suck as they are the Bills (Iron clad law)

The Jets have a great defense, but their offense has been terrible, but they did get Marshall. The problem is though they are paying a huge chunk of change to Revis and Marshall, and to sign Russell at that price, they would have to sell off a third of their defense. The Jets don't have enough playmakers to make up for that, and so signing Wilson would make them a borderline wild card team.
    Disagree, their defense was ranked 2nd in DVOA last year and 4th two years ago. They probably have the best defensive line in football and a really good secondary. Agree that they will continue to suck, Rex Ryan is their head coach and Matt Cassel is their QB. Harvin will probably strangle Rex Ryan at some point next season.
  • Options

Completely disagree. They shut down Aaron Rodgers and gave the hooks HFA because of it. Their defense is legit, and they just added one of the best defensive coaches.

But yeah, no QB so they'll continue to suck overall.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Could have been worse... Could have had Taylor Swift blazing with the windows down.

so instead you had KJR blazing with the windows down?