Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

here's why I think Washington beats Boise

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
On a neutral field, with Petersen having seen Sark once already, Boise's precision and cunning and focused intensity is enough to run circles around our coach.

But opening up at the new Husky Stadium is a different matter. Well into the first quarter, the crowd will still be abuzz from the wow factor of the stadium. Fans will keep looking across to the other side, astonished by how close the fans are from previous years, and they'll be doing the GOOOOOO!.......... HUSKIEEEEEEEEES!!!! chant over and over.

Does anyone remember the loudness factor vs. Miami in 2000? Or USC in 1990? I think it will be like that. This is why Washington wins this game.

It would take the most wretched of first half performances, coupled with Boise receivers running free through our young secondary, for the crowd to downshift into a humdrum murmur for the remainder of the contest.

Comments

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Rather easily, say 34-17?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club

Rather easily, say 34-17?

I actually typed that but removed it thinking it too trite. Even for us.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Interesting thoughts. The stadium and crowd may account for saving Sark his job. Probably good for one or two wins despite mediocre head coaching. I will give Sark some credit: he has pulled off some one game wonders. Granted they are obscured by the 7-6>7-6>7-6 we cant accept. But, I think Sark rises to the occasion to produce a victory against BSU.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The closer it gets to game time, the more nervous I get. Other than last year, Boise has won every early season game I have ever watched them play. Some of these games were against teams a lot better than UW.

I agree about the stadium, but it only takes a couple big pass plays by Boise State for it all to change. I don't know if a loud stadium will be enough. Southwick is entering his second year as a starter, and I expect him to be better this year. Unless we play much better than we have in any previous opener under Sark, we will lose the game, new stadium or not.

I know we have more talent, but Boise develops their guys better and I can't ignore Peterson vs. Sark. I think it will be a very close game.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club

Interesting thoughts. The stadium and crowd may account for saving Sark his job. Probably good for one or two wins despite mediocre head coaching. I will give Sark some credit: he has pulled off some one game wonders. Granted they are obscured by the 7-6>7-6>7-6 we cant accept. But, I think Sark the players and home crowd will rise to the occasion to produce a victory against BSU.

ftfy
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    yep 100% agree, that's why I picked UW in pick 'em. Of course when u have the whole offseason to prepare for a game and it's so clear 1 coach is better, u would usually favor that team. I just think the energy will be unmatched. But I warn you if boise does score early and silence the crowd we're in trouble. I'm banking on that not happening
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Must be Sarkasm.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    edited August 2013
    Boise Nurse's Assistant College and Peterson have always been overrated. Yes, he's organized and gets a lot of his players, but put them in a real conference and they turn into Utah or Texas Christian Muslim really fast. Also, he lost to Ty. For these reasons, and the home field, Warshington wins and the goateed douchebags in orange drive 500 miles away. Thanks for making us go to their oversized high school stadium in the future, pool bitch.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

On a neutral field, with Petersen having seen Sark once already, Boise's precision and cunning and focused intensity is enough to run circles around our coach.

But opening up at the new Husky Stadium is a different matter. Well into the first quarter, the crowd will still be abuzz from the wow factor of the stadium. Fans will keep looking across to the other side, astonished by how close the fans are from previous years, and they'll be doing the GOOOOOO!.......... HUSKIEEEEEEEEES!!!! chant over and over.

Does anyone remember the loudness factor vs. Miami in 2000? Or USC in 1990? I think it will be like that. This is why Washington wins this game.

It would take the most wretched of first half performances, coupled with Boise receivers running free through our young secondary, for the crowd to downshift into a humdrum murmur for the remainder of the contest.

If I've learned anything in the last 12 years its that this is a loss. Everything you said makes perfect sense which makes it perfectly clear that Boise State will win. Cook it.

This is Tys Oregon game.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    As much as it sucks, Sark getting plundered in the new stadium opener might be the best thing for the program. Yes, I want America to fail.

As much as it sucks, Sark getting plundered in the new stadium opener might be the best thing for the program. Yes, I want America to fail.

If Sark is to fail, I don't want it to be wishy-washy and left to a judge's ruling. I want it to be as spectacular as the Hindenburg.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    edited August 2013

I don't see what pirates have to do with any of this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    An opening game blow out always seals the fate for a crappy coach.

Gilby vs Fresno in 2004, Ty vs Oregon in 2008.

I can't think of a bigger opening game given the cloud over this coaching staff since well that Oregon game in 2008.

I have UW going 7-6 but winning this game.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Exactly. There can be no doubt. Even the biggest Sark slurper needs to see the painful and obvious truth we have been preaching since day 1. But, as always, I hope he wins a Rose Bowl and proves what a nega fucktard I am.

I feel the same about this and would be gladly proven wrong. Because, if we are right about Sark, I don't see Woodward making the necessary changes. So, I hope Sark becomes a good, even great coach. Been waiting too long for the program to recover from all the shit during the last two decades.

• i have no fucking clue what to expect. we could win a close game. we could blow the donkeys (LMAO!) out, they could beat the shit out of us, who the fuck knows. i will be hammered though.
  • blowing the donkeys out sounds wrong on many levels
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited August 2013
    Anything less than a 10 pt victory is a moral loss in this game.

In the bowl UW had 50 more yards, 2 more turnovers plus a plethora of mistakes....Price missing guys wide open, Kasen dropping a TD, defense giving up grotesque 3rd and longs. Now UW is playing at home AND returns almost everyone while Boise has to deal with some losses. Boise lost 6 starters on D and has new corners and new LBs.

Yes, Boise has a strong DL...so strong that Sankey ran for 200 and caught another 75 in screen passes while Price threw 50% and still had 250 yards. Meanwhile, last year the D gave up 16ppg at home (ex Portland St) against a handful of good teams.

A good performance would be 41-17 or 34-14....or 34-17.

Boise should be able to move the ball through the air a bit. In any case the job for the defense is to wrap up the QB. They got a lot of pressure on him but couldn't wrap up and he had some big runs.

You guys are missing the Sark angle to this game. After UW wins by 7 or 10, he'll get a lot of credit as if he just beat a top 10 team, when in reality Boise is a middle of the road game that should be a comfortable victory. And even if UW wins by 17, it doesn't mean Sark has turned a corner. His problem is consistency.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    No such thing as moral wins or moral losses.

Just if you win or lose.