Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

here's why I think Washington beats Boise

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

blowing the donkeys out sounds wrong on many levels

I'm wondering how some use of "blow out" hasn't caught on as an oral sex reference.

"Yeah she blew me out"

"I'm going over to her place, it's gonna be a total blow out"
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Don't you mean "his" place? Nttawwt...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

No such thing as moral wins or moral losses.

Just if you win or lose.

At the end of the year, the W-L record is all that counts, but the Cal and Colorado games were moral losses. If we would have lost by 3 or 7 at LSU, I would have considered it a moral win. Kim was pulling out the a win is a win bullshit after the Cal and Colorado games, and I just don't buy it. If we go 11-1 like in 2000 even though we play down to the competition at times, I'm fine with it. When we are 7-6 and play like shit against horrible teams, it still pisses me off.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    Isn't it obvious why we win?

Speed speed speed.

Seriously though. This one is lined up perfect for sark. If they lose it will be deflating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    I just don't think Boise could ever be viewed as a moral loss was my point.

Beating Eastern by 3? Yea that's bad.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Maybe you cant say its a moral loss but I think a 7-10pt victory isnt really evidence of improvement or taking things to the next level.

Maybe you cant say its a moral loss but I think a 7-10pt victory isnt really evidence of improvement or taking things to the next level.

Sark has beaten good teams at home until he starts doing that on the road I won't be impressed.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    And if Boise's first play from scrimmage is a triple reverse flea-flicker-rooski that goes 88 yards for a touchdown?
    If Coopers first carry is a fumble returned to the house am I still suppose to cheer and be classy like a Nebraska fan?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    If u want to break it down position by position
    QB: BSU
    RB: UW
    WR: UW
    TE: UW
    OL: BSU
    DL: BSU
    LB: UW
    CB: BSU
    S: push (neither are very good). Parker is overrated, and there's no one else really.
    coach: big BSU here
    Homefield: UW
    very evenly matched.
    It's a given Sark will get outcoached, the big question is can Price outpreform Southwick
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    The season is over
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

The season is over

Race, stop living in the past.

We have John Ross.

Retake Montlake.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    edited August 2013

Anything less than a 10 pt victory is a moral loss in this game.

In the bowl UW had 50 more yards, 2 more turnovers plus a plethora of mistakes....Price missing guys wide open, Kasen dropping a TD, defense giving up grotesque 3rd and longs. Now UW is playing at home AND returns almost everyone while Boise has to deal with some losses. Boise lost 6 starters on D and has new corners and new LBs.

Yes, Boise has a strong DL...so strong that Sankey ran for 200 and caught another 75 in screen passes while Price threw 50% and still had 250 yards. Meanwhile, last year the D gave up 16ppg at home (ex Portland St) against a handful of good teams.

A good performance would be 41-17 or 34-14....or 34-17.

Boise should be able to move the ball through the air a bit. In any case the job for the defense is to wrap up the QB. They got a lot of pressure on him but couldn't wrap up and he had some big runs.

You guys are missing the Sark angle to this game. After UW wins by 7 or 10, he'll get a lot of credit as if he just beat a top 10 team, when in reality Boise is a middle of the road game that should be a comfortable victory. And even if UW wins by 17, it doesn't mean Sark has turned a corner. His problem is consistency.

Stats. Loosers.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Exactly. There can be no doubt. Even the biggest Sark slurper needs to see the painful and obvious truth we have been preaching since day 1. But, as always, I hope he wins a Rose Bowl and proves what a nega fucktard I am.</

Sark is going to win the North. And because the south stinks I think he will get to Pasadena. Then we get 7 more years of Sark. Is it worth it?

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Yes, winning a Rose Bowl is worth it. You sound like someone who would rather be right than see the team win. Sad.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2013
    This game really doen't matter in a strategic sense. There is one, and one issue only with the program: Cream Puff.

I hope he's successufl this year. Sucess = 10 & 2 and a BCS Bowl. Anything less confirms this weak, soft frat boy is the train wreck he appears to be.

God forbid the worst of all possible outcomes 8 - 5 which means we are married to a loser. A 9 - 3 season is nearly as bad. The long term damage we'll suffer from lack of recruiting linemen can't be overstated. The lines are disasters of epic proportions. The creator of this mess needs to go. 9 & 3 changes nothing.

I like to get snarky and cute about him, but I honestly don't feel Steve is even average. In this conference he is well into the botton half of coaches. Win now, right now, or the Hindenburg level failure is preferable. If it's the latter, no better time to start the flameout than next weekend.

The purge of everyone connected with the offensive staff can begin (with the exception of Tui.)
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    dhdawg said:

OL: BSU Push
    DL: BSU Push
    CB: BSU Push
    S: push (neither are very good). Parker is overrated, and there's no one else really. BSU
    very evenly matched.
    It's a given Sark will get outcoached, the big question is can Price outpreform Southwick

Made some changes to help you out:

1. OL - Boise St lost 3 of their starters. 2 guys on the right side are 1st time starters. As much as I have been disappointed with our Oline, having a healthy line make this a PUSH.

2. DL - Boise St only has 2 starters back, and they will have 3 true Frosh and 2 JC guys in their rotation with no experience. PUSH

3. CB - Boise St lost BOTH starters. Douglas is coming of a knee injury and has not played a snap in over 1.5 years. PUSH, maybe slight UW edge with the game experience of Peters & Ducre.

4. S - Boise St has both starting safeties back. I think Parker is better than both Ioane & Thompson, but Shamburger is the wild card. Edge Boise St.

And a healthy Keith Price is = or > than Southwick. But until I see him play this year, I will stick with Boise St have a slight edge.

dhdawg said:

S: push (neither are very good). Parker is overrated, and there's no one else really. BSU
    very evenly matched.

1. OL - Boise St lost 3 of their starters. 2 guys on the right side are 1st time starters. As much as I have been disappointed with our Oline, having a healthy line make this a PUSH.

2. DL - Boise St only has 2 starters back, and they will have 3 true Frosh and 2 JC guys in their rotation with no experience. PUSH

3. CB - Boise St lost BOTH starters. Douglas is coming of a knee injury and has not played a snap in over 1.5 years. PUSH, maybe slight UW edge with the game experience of Peters & Ducre.

4. S - Boise St has both starting safeties back. I think Parker is better than both Ioane & Thompson, but Shamburger is the wild card. Edge Boise St.

And a healthy Keith Price is = or > than Southwick. But until I see him play this year, I will stick with Boise St have a slight edge.
    I'm going off Peterson's history of player developement at those positions. HTH. I don't really care who they lost

dhdawg said:

very evenly matched.

I'm going off Peterson's history of player developement at those positions. HTH. I don't really care who they lost

dhdawg said:

very evenly matched.

Only when we play WSU, Colorado and Idaho State will UW have a "push" at OL.