Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The depth chart is a thing of beauty

Jamora and Tanigawa are back. Upperclassmen and returning starters everywhere you look. 5th year QB in his third year as the starter. Playmakers on both sides of the ball.

NO EXCUSES. NONE. ZERO.

WIN NOW OR DIE (In a fire or elsewhere)

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jamora and Tanigawa are back. Upperclassmen and returning starters everywhere you look. 5th year QB in his third year as the starter. Playmakers on both sides of the ball.

NO EXCUSES. NONE. ZERO.

WIN NOW OR DIE (In a fire or elsewhere)

Excuses or reasons? Some of you need to learn the difference.
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's an odd thing. On Dawgman, Auburndawg is viewed as the lead nega. Heir to Race Bannon. Despised by Kim and Walla Walla Bill.

Here Auburndawg is the lead posi. Mocked by all.

Perhaps this means Auburndawg stands in the sensible center, hated by both extremes?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

It's an odd thing. On Dawgman, Auburndawg is viewed as the lead nega. Heir to Race Bannon. Despised by Kim and Walla Walla Bill.

Here Auburndawg is the lead posi. Mocked by all.

Perhaps this means Auburndawg stands in the sensible center, hated by both extremes?

Definitely not.
  • Options

You're mocked not as a posi, but the king flip flopper.
    Hth

Perhaps. But it is a new day. And now there are no questions about "how long do you give a new coach." We are now where Ty was in year 3, which is when Auburndawg turned on him. No more excuses are possible.
  • Options

Hth

Perhaps. But it is a new day. And now there are no questions about "how long do you give a new coach." We are now where Ty was in year 3, which is when Auburndawg turned on him. No more excuses are possible.
    It's year 5 hth
  • Options

It's ironic that you refer to yourself in the third person while referring to a coach infamous for referring to himself in the third person.

Look up "Auburndawg, mythical character" It predates your arrival.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The depth chart looks good- compared to the last 4 years. But Sark's teams have been the same over the past 4 years. No real development, no identity, no consistency and scattered results.

Theres enough talent to win 8-9 games but dont act like that suddenly makes Sark a good coach. He's not. I hope he does well but I also hope he's gone soon. I'm worried 3 years from now we'll be in the same spot with no BCS bowls or no pac-12 north titles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Honestly the depth chart does look good until you get to the OL and DL then you realize we are fucked.

Then when you see who are head coach is you realize we are fucked.

If heading into year 5 with Mora let's say we had 4 straight ranked recruiting classes and had all this experience you'd be expecting 10 wins minimum.

However, with Sark you know our idiot doogs will accept 8 wins as "progress" and Pool Boy will give him an extension.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Hth

If you had learned a single fucking thing from 0-12, you would have wanted Sark fired after his third year.

Hope this helps even though I know it won't because you're still just as AuburndoogFS as ever.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The depth chart looks good- compared to the last 4 years. But Sark's teams have been the same over the past 4 years. No real development, no identity, no consistency and scattered results.

Theres enough talent to win 8-9 games but dont act like that suddenly makes Sark a good coach. He's not. I hope he does well but I also hope he's gone soon. I'm worried 3 years from now we'll be in the same spot with no BCS bowls or no pac-12 north titles.

That scenario is very plausible, which is scary. Next year's pussy schedule sets him up for 9-5 or 10-4, but they will still probably be third in the north, or maybe second. That gets the Doogs so excited they cream their pants, and then in '15, they revert back to 7-6, but that's ok because of youth, injuries, altitude, new assistants/system, heat, wind, cold, snow, hurricanes, humidity, and climate change.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

NO EXCUSES. NONE. ZERO.

WIN NOW OR ILL MAKE EXCUSES FOR WHY YOU DIDNT WIN LATER (In a fire or elsewhere)

One of the best posts I have ever read.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

That scenario is very plausible, which is scary. Next year's pussy schedule sets him up for 9-5 or 10-4, but they will still probably be third in the north, or maybe second. That gets the Doogs so excited they cream their pants, and then in '15, they revert back to 7-6, but that's ok because of youth, injuries, altitude, new assistants/system, heat, wind, cold, snow, hurricanes, humidity, and climate change.
    8-9 wins this year, 10 next year, 8 in 15, then 7 in 16 finally gets him fired. Realistic worst-case scenario.

I think Sark is opportunistic and is starting to feel the pressure as he realizes hes in over his head. If he can win 9 this year then his stock will be highest in 2014 and it makes sense for him to try to get an NFL job. He can get paid for a few years and come back to college and get a top 25 job in his late 40s. He will have made $2M/year for more than 10 years. However, if he stays at UW too long (losing Wilcox, Tosh, Sirmon, etc) and gets fired then he'll never make 7 figures again and unless he goes the NFL route and tries to climb the ladder over many years.

I think its more than plausible Sark is thinking this. However, the only catch is will someone in the NFL hire him. My hope is there is a team that needs a total 2-3 year rebuild and would therefore use him for the rebuild and fire him later when the rebuild was done.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sark already rebuffed the NFL
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we somehow won 9 or 10 this year and Sark jumped to the NFL, I would be ecstatic. I think we win 8 games at most though. The only bad part would be that there would be doogs who would say Sark was a great coach for us.

I really think we are looking at a 6-6 or 7-5 regular season, and I hope that gets Sark fired. I'm pretty sure 6-6 with a couple plungers would do the trick.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Agree. Just when things look to be set up for that "special season," El Nino will rear its' ugly head and fuck everything up. I blame methane, but I support cows and spray-on deodorant.