Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ISLAMISTS PROMISE BLOOD AT PHOENIX 'DRAW MUHAMMAD' CONTEST

Comments

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I'm not one for victim blaming. I'm firmly on the Islam is the problem side. But I don't really understand why people are doing these drawing contests. If you sneeze at Christianity it's a war on Christianity. But this is ok? I'll remember this when the war on Christmas cries start up this year. If you want
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I didn't see any Christians chopping off heads when the US Government sponsored the Christ Urine exhibit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,033 Founders Club
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,656 Founders Club
    d2d said:

Islamophobia: An unfair feeling of dislike against muslims. Webster's Dictionary.

First Amendment: Freedom of Speech.

Second Amendment: Right to bear arms.

Right of Self Defense: Recognized in all 50 states and by the Federal Government.

What part don't you understand?
    Lame, even for you

I said they had the right to do it. I still think they're morons. I've lived in Arizona for a while and after taking out the illegals, old people and rednecks, there might be seven people left.
    dnc said:

I'm not one for victim blaming. I'm firmly on the Islam is the problem side. But I don't really understand why people are doing these drawing contests. If you sneeze at Christianity it's a war on Christianity. But this is ok? I'll remember this when the war on Christmas cries start up this year. If you want

I agree the drawing contests are FS, but I don't agree with the "If you sneeze at Christianity it's a war on Christianity. But this is ok?" Christians generally will tolerate 1000% times more crap than Muslims generally will, and even the sandy vag Christians (hi d2d!) typically only respond to offenses by cluttering AOG's facebook feed with meme's and Fox News clips, rather than, you know, killing people and stuff.

South Park handled the double standard on this pretty well. You can shit on Jesus but you can't even show Muhammed.

It's just not the same.
    I hadn't fully formed my thought on that post. I was trying to work out what I wanted to say and clicked post on my phone accidentally. Then I just decided fuck it. I'll try to be more clear now.

Yes, Christians are better than Muslims. That's not really where I was trying to go.

The point is everyone knows how offensive Muslims find this. Firstly though, I fully believe the majority of Muslims fall into two camps, those that want to kill you and those that want those Muslims to kill you. That general idea seems to be backed up by polling and that's why Muslims are just the worst. But the point is why would you do something so offensive to a religion when you wouldn't want someone offending your religion?

When I was a kid the best lesson I learned came from my uncle. I was a little sarcastic dick and at a family holiday get together I was being a little sarcastic dick. Then my step dad said something to me that was meant as a mean joke and I stormed off. My uncle came to me and said "if you want to dish it out, you have to learn how to take it". That always stuck with me and that's my problem here. Christians want to dish it out but they don't want to take it.

Again, just to be clear, they take it better than Muslims. But that's not the bar. That's like being a better poster than d2d. It doesn't mean you're a good poster. Being better at taking it than Muslims doesn't make you good at taking it. Christians are really bad at it in fact. They constantly do things without even considering that they aren't the only people that exist. And to act like the only thing that you're little Christian community ever does is post on facebook is an outright lie. When Christians get offended or even sense that they might be offended it becomes a big deal. And again not as big of deal as Muslims killing people. But personally I'd hold Christians to a higher standard. I'm mostly surprised that you wouldn't.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    How the fuck do Muslims get so much energy to care so much when someone insults Muhammad. Holy shit. Wouldn't it be punishment enough that the infidels go to some hell type place?

But I do really like palestinean food. Fuckin aladdins on the ave.

d2d said:

Islamophobia: An unfair feeling of dislike against muslims. Webster's Dictionary.

First Amendment: Freedom of Speech.

Second Amendment: Right to bear arms.

Right of Self Defense: Recognized in all 50 states and by the Federal Government.

What part don't you understand?
    Lame, even for you

I said they had the right to do it. I still think they're morons. I've lived in Arizona for a while and after taking out the illegals, old people and rednecks, there might be seven people left.
    So that's the best you've got? Name calling? It's not lame, it's for 6-year-olds.
    Turn the other cheek.

Turn the other cheek.

How many cheeks do you have?

The 6th Commandment was changed from Thou shalt not kill; to Thou shalt not murder. English has changed dramatically since 1610 when the King James Version of the Bible was written, (by Protestant Anglicans I might add.) The KJV is a Protestant Bible, rather than Catholic.)

The New American Standard Bible (NASB), which is used in the Catholic Church in the U.S., was translated directly from the Ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, in 1986. As you well imagine, there was much discussion of the translation of Exodus 20:13 from Ancient Hebrew. There was consensus that the correct translation into modern American English is You shall not murder. Killing in self defense, in defense of others, and in war is not a mortal sin.

This week, the leader of ISIS ordered that two million women and girls between 11 and 46 be circumcised against their will.

english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/07/24/-ISIS-order-female-genital-mutilation-in-Iraq.html

When is OK to say no according to you? How many people do they need to behead? How many people do they need to burn alive before you start acting like a man?

HTH
    It seems like you just used your holy book to justify killing people that are using their holy book to justify killing people.

It seems like that just happened.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,033 Founders Club

dnc said:

I agree the drawing contests are FS, but I don't agree with the "If you sneeze at Christianity it's a war on Christianity. But this is ok?" Christians generally will tolerate 1000% times more crap than Muslims generally will, and even the sandy vag Christians (hi d2d!) typically only respond to offenses by cluttering AOG's facebook feed with meme's and Fox News clips, rather than, you know, killing people and stuff.

South Park handled the double standard on this pretty well. You can shit on Jesus but you can't even show Muhammed.

It's just not the same.
    I hadn't fully formed my thought on that post. I was trying to work out what I wanted to say and clicked post on my phone accidentally. Then I just decided fuck it. I'll try to be more clear now.

Yes, Christians are better than Muslims. That's not really where I was trying to go.

The point is everyone knows how offensive Muslims find this. Firstly though, I fully believe the majority of Muslims fall into two camps, those that want to kill you and those that want those Muslims to kill you. That general idea seems to be backed up by polling and that's why Muslims are just the worst. But the point is why would you do something so offensive to a religion when you wouldn't want someone offending your religion?

When I was a kid the best lesson I learned came from my uncle. I was a little sarcastic dick and at a family holiday get together I was being a little sarcastic dick. Then my step dad said something to me that was meant as a mean joke and I stormed off. My uncle came to me and said "if you want to dish it out, you have to learn how to take it". That always stuck with me and that's my problem here. Christians want to dish it out but they don't want to take it.

Again, just to be clear, they take it better than Muslims. But that's not the bar. That's like being a better poster than d2d. It doesn't mean you're a good poster. Being better at taking it than Muslims doesn't make you good at taking it. Christians are really bad at it in fact. They constantly do things without even considering that they aren't the only people that exist. And to act like the only thing that you're little Christian community ever does is post on facebook is an outright lie. When Christians get offended or even sense that they might be offended it becomes a big deal. And again not as big of deal as Muslims killing people. But personally I'd hold Christians to a higher standard. I'm mostly surprised that you wouldn't.
    I'm surprised that you are surprised.

I agree with a large amount of your post. And I also agree that Christians do not have the call to kill Muslims. I that that what belongs to Caesar belongs to Caesar. A call for separation of church and state from the founder of Christianity.

Our Founding Two Dads knew first hand the destructive power of a monarchy fueled by religion.

I think the state has the right to defend against muslims by killing them. It is not because of being a different religion. It has nothing to do with religion. It's humans at war, same as it ever was.

If your faith is real you don't care what anyone else thinks about it. And if you want others to join your faith you need to be a whole lot smarter about it than 81% of people are.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,648
    edited June 2015

dnc said:

It's just not the same.

This is a pretty fair poast. I definitely do hold Christians to a higher standard, and that's why generally I spend more time arguing with the d2d's of the world than I do the Ozone's. But I don't always do so. It's a good reminder and one I appreciate.

I do think it's pretty rare that Christians step beyond bitching on Facebook or online protests though, unless you're talking about actual political action which I a) don't spend a lot of time doing myself as I think it's mostly a waste of time b) don't begrudge any group trying to make their voice heard in Mericuh politically (including Muslims, which I admit many Christians do begrudge).

Yes, occasionally Christians go rogue and do something absolutely despicable like kill an abortion doctor or something along those lines, but given there's somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 million evangelicals in this country (and millions others who take their faith less literally), I think those occurrences involve an extreme minority of the Christian population. Yeah there was that one Christian in Syria that just beheaded a Muslim, I don't support that dude either. For the most part I stand by my statement that Christians mostly just bitch when offended. I'm not defending that they do it (and I spend a lot of time in the REAL world working to change the bitching and as you said, hold them to a higher standard), but I still think it's usually more just annoying than harmful.

I think you have a refreshingly honest take on Islam, major kudos for that.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,648
    d2d said:

Turn the other cheek.

How many cheeks do you have?

The 6th Commandment was changed from Thou shalt not kill; to Thou shalt not murder. English has changed dramatically since 1610 when the King James Version of the Bible was written, (by Protestant Anglicans I might add.) The KJV is a Protestant Bible, rather than Catholic.)

The New American Standard Bible (NASB), which is used in the Catholic Church in the U.S., was translated directly from the Ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, in 1986. As you well imagine, there was much discussion of the translation of Exodus 20:13 from Ancient Hebrew. There was consensus that the correct translation into modern American English is You shall not murder. Killing in self defense, in defense of others, and in war is not a mortal sin.

This week, the leader of ISIS ordered that two million women and girls between 11 and 46 be circumcised against their will.

english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/07/24/-ISIS-order-female-genital-mutilation-in-Iraq.html

When is OK to say no according to you? How many people do they need to behead? How many people do they need to burn alive before you start acting like a man?

HTH
    So you're a Shiite Catholic?

Good to know.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    dnc said:

It's just not the same.
    true