Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sean McGrew

Comments

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Running style reminds me of LaMichael James except top end speed may be a little faster. IF he turns out to be that good Husky fans will finally be soaking up some of what the Ducks have been enjoying these last 10 or so years. Very exciting player!
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

Running style reminds me of LaMichael James except top end speed may be a little faster. IF he turns out to be that good Husky fans will finally be soaking up some of what the Ducks have been enjoying these last 10 or so years. Very exciting player!

McGrews electronic 40 and vertical jump at last month LA NFTC were better than LMJs at the NFL combine.

Although James did have an inch and 20 pounds (194 vs 172) on McGrew. McGrews shuttle time was also just okay. He doesn't seem to have a lot of Shake to him. Just cut n sprint.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Perspective. Thank you, TTJ.
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    dnc said:

I thought I said no racist crap?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited May 2015
    Ballbag what is general UCLA reaction to this? Lots of WDWHA or are you guys feeling solid about the RBs you have in the bag?

edit: or abundance lol
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Gladstone said:

Ballbag what is general UCLA reaction to this? Lots of WDWHA or are you guys feeling solid about the RBs you have in the bag?

The fans reaction is more a realization that our RB group is pretty stacked than WDWHA. McGrews quotes yesterday indicated depth chart was a main priority for him, as well as CCP putting in WORK. So many aren't too surprised about this (I called UW a month ago on here - FIGJAM). Fans are mainly disappointed we won't get his speed at slot WR. But he clearly wants to play RB not slot or hybrid or that bullshit. Our Fans think it's a miss, but a pretty small one. D Felton is a pretty similar player that wants to play slot anyway.

I do think the UCLA staff may have been WDWHA on McGrew. They kind of stopped recruiting him for awhile which allowed UW to swoop in, and then UCLA awkwardly tried to get back in. RB coach Polamalu apparently prefers bigger RBs and never really recruited McGrew at all. It was mostly Klemm who was recruiting him all along.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

The fans reaction is more a realization that our RB group is pretty stacked than WDWHA. McGrews quotes yesterday indicated depth chart was a main priority for him, as well as CCP putting in WORK. So many aren't too surprised about this (I called UW a month ago on here - FIGJAM). Fans are mainly disappointed we won't get his speed at slot WR. But he clearly wants to play RB not slot or hybrid or that bullshit. Our Fans think it's a miss, but a pretty small one. D Felton is a pretty similar player that wants to play slot anyway.

I do think the UCLA staff may have been WDWHA on McGrew. They kind of stopped recruiting him for awhile which allowed UW to swoop in, and then UCLA awkwardly tried to get back in. RB coach Polamalu apparently prefers bigger RBs and never really recruited McGrew at all. It was mostly Klemm who was recruiting him all along.
    I was wondering why Petersen became the lead recruiter for McGrew a few months ago. Going up against Klemm, Petersen seems like the best choice.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Dude plays bigger than he is, have to see what transpires over the next couple years. I wonder if he knows CollegeDoog or RoadDawg? Didn't they have Medellín connections?
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,051
    Baking soda. He's got baking soda.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128

Gladstone said:

I was wondering why Petersen became the lead recruiter for McGrew a few months ago. Going up against Klemm, Petersen seems like the best choice.
    I read a couple reports that said McGrew actually committed to Petersen several weeks ago on his visit. He kept it quiet so he could announce at his school thing
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

I read a couple reports that said McGrew actually committed to Petersen several weeks ago on his visit. He kept it quiet so he could announce at his school thing
    Yup, apparently he committed during our spring game.

I made a thread about it saying it was encouraging that he visited UW on the day he planned to commit. http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/19709/encouraging-news-with-mcgrew/p1

Seems he signed the Petersen contract that day and has been solid to UW since.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

McGrews electronic 40 and vertical jump at last month LA NFTC were better than LMJs at the NFL combine.

Although James did have an inch and 20 pounds (194 vs 172) on McGrew. McGrews shuttle time was also just okay. He doesn't seem to have a lot of Shake to him. Just cut n sprint.
    Bump
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

http://youtu.be/ahEpwe6pMrk

My guys in LA love this kid. Been following him very closely the last 2 years. He is going to be a crowd favorite. He is the real deal. He is going to be a great change of pace RB. Very much like Darren Sproles. Very fast and much stronger than his size would indicated. This guy did it against the best competition in Cali for the past 2 years.

Another reason this is huge is because St. Johns may have the best program in the Nation. They have a plethora of talent and will lead some of his teammates to UW. Check his highlight.

Donald Jones knows what a bad MF looks like
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Baseman said:

http://youtu.be/ahEpwe6pMrk

My guys in LA love this kid. Been following him very closely the last 2 years. He is going to be a crowd favorite. He is the real deal. He is going to be a great change of pace RB. Very much like Darren Sproles. Very fast and much stronger than his size would indicated. This guy did it against the best competition in Cali for the past 2 years.

Another reason this is huge is because St. Johns may have the best program in the Nation. They have a plethora of talent and will lead some of his teammates to UW. Check his highlight.

Donald Jones knows what a bad MF looks like
    He nailed it about much stronger than his size would suggest.