Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who wants to earn $40?

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    being a jackass troll making spastic posts in order to disrupt the board.
    wtf am I still here?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

wtf am I still here?

You bought yourself a lot of goodwill with that lawnmower gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

TheGlove said:

wtf am I still here?

Musberger's laughing expression gets me every time.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

TheGlove said:

wtf am I still here?

besides, what bored doesn't need a token boobv?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I have never voted up a thread as much as this one. Pure gold.

I have reached a new level of Zen (Meditation term, look it up fuckers) from reading this thread.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Back to ASJ...

Can you imaging any Coug fan punching Jerramy Stevens or Ernie Conwell in the face? That incident shows how soft he is.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2013
    I'll shoot myself if I start following 19 year old kids on Twitter.

IrishDawg says some wierd stuff many times, sometimes it makes sense. His post in this thread is a good example of one that's on the mark. Who cares about the twitter post?

Here's the thing. There's got to be somebody here that doesn't agree with the majority. What fun with that be? He gets pounded pretty good for saying anything positive about Cream Puff, yet he comes back. Good for him.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Back to ASJ...

Can you imaging any Coug fan punching Jerramy Stevens or Ernie Conwell in the face? That incident shows how soft he is.

i couldn't imagine that fan because that person would exist after he did that.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't care about the guy wanting his hair braided, but ASJ is Charmin soft. He has been since high school, and the soft coaches have done nothing to change it. He's 270+ and is a bad blocker. Zero in on him and watch him block sometime. He's far from the only soft guy on the team. There are a lot of them.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited August 2013

I don't care about the guy wanting his hair braided, but ASJ is Charmin soft. He has been since high school, and the soft coaches have done nothing to change it. He's 270+ and is a bad blocker. Zero in on him and watch him block sometime. He's far from the only soft guy on the team. There are a lot of them.

I recommend you watch Sankey's highlight video. ASJ is not the road plow type of blocker, but he is good at sealing his man. Take a look at a lot of Bishop's best runs, and you will see ASJ has sealed his man, including the big 4th & 1 against Stanford. You don't have to pancake your guy every play to be an effective blocker. Watch Kasen downfield to see an example. One of the things that makes Oregon's run game so dangerous is the ability of their skill guys to seal blocks in the open field.

ASJ is the least of our worries with this team.

On a side note, I hope we have someone to replace Amosa, and I think Sark made a big mistake not using him more in the backfield with Sankey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6kmq_sqblg

I recommend you watch Sankey's highlight video. ASJ is not the road plow type of blocker, but he is good at sealing his man. Take a look at a lot of Bishop's best runs, and you will see ASJ has sealed his man, including the big 4th & 1 against Stanford. You don't have to pancake your guy every play to be an effective blocker. Watch Kasen downfield to see an example. One of the things that makes Oregon's run game so dangerous is the ability of their skill guys to seal blocks in the open field.

On a side note, I hope we have someone to replace Amosa, and I think Sark made a big mistake not using him more in the backfield with Sankey.

Agree I felt like with Jake our best bet was running the spread but he stuck with the pro style and it failed.

While last year our most productive runs were out of the two back set yet Sark wanted to ditch that to get his "great" receivers on the field.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Every draft scouting report I've read backs up Irish and calls ASJ a good blocker.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I agree about Amosa. He was a pretty good fullback. One thing I noticed in Sankey's highlight film is that most of his nice runs were with Price under center. If the spring game is any indication, we are going to be an exclusively shotgun team. I don't get it.

Regarding ASJ, that is a highlight tape. I have some games on my dvr, and I have watched him block. He's not very good. I agree he's a great player and I'm glad we have him, but I also think he is overrated by many doogs and soft. I think he should be even better than he is.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

Agree I felt like with Jake our best bet was running the spread but he stuck with the pro style and it failed.

While last year our most productive runs were out of the two back set yet Sark wanted to ditch that to get his "great" receivers on the field.
    This and the offensive line is where you will see me go off on Sark. Yr 5 and he still doesn't know what type of offensive team he wants UW to be.

He made a huge mistake making Jake play way too much under center. Even I admit Jake is not an accurate pass from the pocket, but is much better when you move him around. Not to mention his threat on the read/option.

I don't think the play mix is the problem, it is the fact that he doesn't seem to have a feel for the game. See the AC when he kept forcing the run when it wasn't there, especially in the 4th qtr.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2028290/austin-seferianjenkins

He already needs to answer questions about his choices off the field and needs to develop strength and aggression as an in-line blocker. Unique ball-skills and agility for a man of his size, however, makes him a tough matchup for defenders, which is why he currently ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 2 tight end potentially available for the 2014 NFL draft. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

More Austin Seferian-Jenkins News
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

Did that sound a bit like Kim? Yes
    Stay tuned. ;)

Will I stay tuned? Yes.

I just rolled my eyes

Jonathan Amosa with a receiving TD. He showed good hands vs Eastern with the TD then Sark never went to that play for two years......
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    MODS!!1! Can we please take down IrishDawg's signature...seems very insensitive to promote gun violence when young children were shot and killed so recently. I'd also like to suggest we permanently change any mention of guns to just *** or ***s. Thanks in advance.