Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jason McCleary sez

Will Conroy will likely be the new assistant coach replacing Otzenheimer.

Beach sez "uh....yeah....I think Conroy too now"

If true, pretty awesome to go straight from "none" to "assisstant at a Power 5 school" on the experience section of your resume

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Conroy is KG's basketball Durocher.

#WetDream
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,877
    Conroy is the bag man for BRoy.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Conroy is KG's basketball Durocher.

#WetDream

Except DuRocher was terrible....just saying.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2015
    The one item I can't get behind on this forum is the Conroy bashing. IDGAF what Kim thinks about him, but Conroy was/is the goddamn fucking man and was the heart and soul of those 2003-2005 teams. I will always be a fan.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Has Conroy got the educational stuff completed to be a college assistant? I seem to remember for a time that he hadn't got everything completed.

Conroy should be a good coach ... his no nonsense approach and identity as a player will translate well in creating an identity for a team. I've had enough personal experience seeing Will on the court to know that he has no problem getting into anybody's face and holding them accountable ... even in situations where you wouldn't think that he would be doing so.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like the conroy hire, but hope the next coach keeps him around the program.

One thing fans need to be careful of is associating someones play as a player to their effectiveness as a coach. Being a good solid PG doesn't result is coaching success.

It's good to see us take a chance on someone who actually can pull in local talent though, and may actually make some inroads with high schools and players.

Can't wait for all the slobbering going on by doogs if/when he is hired. They may finally have found their new boner
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2015
    Gladstone said:

The one item I can't get behind on this forum is the Conroy bashing. IDGAF what Kim thinks about him, but Conroy was/is the goddamn fucking man and was the heart and soul of those 2003-2005 teams. I will always be a fan.

Nobody is bashing Conroy. I'm sure everyone liked him as a player. I have no idea about him as a coach. Some hard nosed, high basketball IQ players make great coaches, some don't.

It probably doesn't really matter either way. He is only an assistant, and recruiting will probably be his primary role.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Always special to have former players with zero coaching experience roaming the sidelines.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    Maybe he can teach Romar how to coach
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Always special to have former players with zero coaching experience roaming the sidelines.

I'd say the actual game portion really is not a huge deal, but when you toss in all the recruiting aspect you have to wonder if he will lead UW into accidental violations. I don't think he'd cheat openly, but the ncaa is a ridiculous rule book and part of being a grad assistant is to see the ropes. coming in totally green and relying on him for recruiting could be asking for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Gladstone said:

Who TF is bashing Conroy?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What I want to know is who our big-man coach is. Seems like we need an upgrade there and Conroy was obviously a PG.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2015
    HFNY said:

What I want to know is who our big-man coach is. Seems like we need an upgrade there and Conroy was obviously a PG.

Well, when you have no point guards, 9 wings and 1 big, a big-man coach isn't quite the necessity. They can just treat the big like a kicker, give him a hoop in the corner and tell him to go practice; you'll go get him when practice is over.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

You are, DNC.

You are.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Brad Jackson is the big man coach. Maybe he sucks, but there was nothing to work with other than Upshaw. Kemp improved as well, especially on offense.

The real problem is Romar. Assistants hardly matter.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Will Conroy called me the N word in E1 once.

True story.

"Put down the fork and knife n****"
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

You are, DNC.

You are.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Local recruiting connections and a good CO to keep the inmates in check while the warden cashes his paycheck.

Might work...