Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KG on the spring game..

The CEO came away unimpressed with the production values of the spring game. He says that in his 18 years of being the leading news outlet for UW sports, this was the worse spring event he's attended and he suspects Coach Pete would cancel the event all together if given the option.

Comments

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Fuck him and his desire for a circus. Get rid of the student (dibs on the blonde in the onesie) longest throw and punt return contests and I thought it was great. I went to watch the team, not a dog race.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's not a real spring game unless the S&C coach is shoving hot dogs down his throat!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Of course the parts that I saw looked to be well organized and exactly what I would expect.

But of course, KJV knows way more than I do.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Of course the parts that I saw looked to be well organized and exactly what I would expect.

But of course, KJV knows way more than I do.

I would agree that everything other than QB's looks to be moving in the right direction (O- line sucks but it will get better)The problem is QB is the most important position.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,700
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Noses get broken and motherfuckers get their fucking faces smashed in, but that doesn't make you a bad person
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Noses get broken and motherfuckers get their fucking faces smashed in, but that doesn't make you a bad person

Insightful.
  • Options
    90sDawg90sDawg Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I went to the "event" but the problem was it was nothing more than a practice. Agree with the poster about it being a SUPER organized practice with very few players standing around. The problem, imo, is that is not a spring event that excites the fanbase...specifically the younger fan base (kids) let alone recruits who may have watched it on tv. It was a pretty stale environment in the stands. I was impressed with the coaching and the practice aspect of things. As an "event" it was lacking.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The CEO came away unimpressed with the production values of the spring game. He says that in his 18 years of being the leading news outlet for UW sports [a real estate agent], this was the worst spring event he's attended and he suspects Coach Pete would cancel the event all together if given the option.

fixed...
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TTJ said:

The CEO came away unimpressed with the production values of the spring game. He says that in his 18 years of being the leading news outlet for UW sports, this was the worse spring event he's attended and he suspects Coach Pete would cancel the event all together if given the option.

Well, I've only been going to spring games for the past 15 years. And I can't recall one with more brisk activity and fewer players standing around.
    Mandatory flag.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2015
    Christ, has Kim seen any of the other spring games in the pac 12? Fucking citrus tour across the west coast.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    haie said:

Christ, has Kim seen any of the other spring games in the pac 12? Fucking citrus tour across the west coast.

Utah Stanford and Beavs looked much worse than UWs spring practice.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    To be fair, KJV was actually baited by someone else who asked "Do you think the terrible spring game atmosphere is a result of Petersen being HC?"

The CEO's response was something like "originally that's what I thought, but it's the admin, not Petersen"
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

TTJ said:

Well, I've only been going to spring games for the past 15 years. And I can't recall one with more brisk activity and fewer players standing around.
    Mandatory flag.
    Opprobrium deserved. Although sitting through those dreckfests was punishment in its own right.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    grizzle is just stating the obvious. He is a real pro and we are so lucky to have him at all. For once in your lives, dont twist.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

Flagged for watching so much dreck.
    Upvoted for explaining the flagging.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

haie said:

Flagged for watching so much dreck.
    Upvoted for explaining the flagging.
    That's Nebraska classy.