Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some WA State Teachers Are Striking

13»

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

jecornel said:

Child care is expensive and its expensive and time consuming. Most parents don't want to quit their their full time job and educate them and properly socialize them into a functioning being in society.

Teachers aren't paid enough and much of their other job duties go well into the night.

Child care is expensive and time consuming. As parents you have a choice. Have one stay at home and be there during the day, or pay up for the child care. Even if you buck up and pay the child care, you still have a responssibility to make sure you instill discipline, manners, and responsibiliy to your child. That's not what daycare and teachers are there for. If a parent doesn't want to sacrifce their time and resources after a hard day to their children, then they probably shouldn't have children.

Teachers are supposed to hold students accountable for their work, but they can only go so far. If mom and dad don't provide structure and consequences at home, the students aren't going to give a shit. If mom and dad let me get away with it, why in the hell do I need to listen to Mr. Smith? is the mentality.

Some of the veteran teachers are bad because they get burned out. Imagine trying to manage a classroom of 36 students that all need attention. Then you have 5 screwups that distract everybody, don't do their homework, and can't read a cereal box let alone write a book report. The parents of these kids say, they'll straighten them up, but never do. Eventually, you fail the kids, but the way the school system is set up now, they don't hold a kid back. So a kid could have 0% in all the classes and still gets bumped up to the seventh grade. This act starts from Pre-K, and when they finally have consequences in high school, the kid just drops out. At that point, does it really matter anymore?

It's unfair to completely blame the parents, but when you child is a class "A" screwup, the teachers didn't put him there. It's like this. If you work at a job and think a coworker is an asshole, then fine, but if you think everyone there are assholes, then maybe you're the asshole.

If your child is failing each grade and with almost every teacher, maybe the teachers aren't the problem.
    Some parents choose to raise their own kids. Some parents choose to outsource it from day one...some outsource parenting the day their paid maternity benefits run out. Some plan ahead and make contingencies so they can enjoy abundance. Sometimes parents who chose the outsourcing route, seem surprised at certain outcomes.
    I'm surprised they're surprised........
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Hi Damone! Buddy ol' pal
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    Are we insinuating the home schooled kids are the normal well adjusted ones?

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    I'd rather send my future kids (if I don't shoot blanks) to a pubic school with an honors program (assuming THC riddled semen aren't too damaged) than home-school them.

Not all knowledge comes from textbook and tough to study-up on street smarts.
    HuskyJW said:

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    HFNY said:

I'd rather send my future kids (if I don't shoot blanks) to a pubic school with an honors program (assuming THC riddled semen aren't too damaged) than home-school them.

HuskyJW said:

South Bend, Indiana is where you need to go.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/billboard-touts-south-bends-pubic-schools-12200
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    Obviously the THC, booze, hookers, blow and overall abundance have already taken their toll on me.

HFNY said:

HuskyJW said:

South Bend, Indiana is where you need to go.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/billboard-touts-south-bends-pubic-schools-12200