Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fun Little Story from 2010 Season

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
so i met up with a guy yesterday who played for Stanford under Harbaugh and I told him I was a USC fan and he cringed and asked why, so I told him it was because I want to watch that douche Sark fail... he laughed and told me that Sark was considered a joke as a coach by Stanford... especially because Sark made twice the money that Harbaugh made... and after the game where they blew up UW 41-0 in the old Husky Stadium he said it was really weird under there with curtains basically being the walls of rooms so you could hear everything under there and right after that game Harbaugh asked his players to be quiet for a minute... so it was silent and no noise coming from a dejected UW locker room... and then Harbaugh started yelling down the hallway a bunch of junk about beating down a shitty and over paid coach who doesn't know what he's doing.

just what i'm hearing, so no twisting.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    it was just fun hanging out with this dude and his big ass Orange Bowl ring for the afternoon and talking junk about the Pac 10 (he won't use the 12).
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,549 Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen makes more than David Shaw, quite a bit more, and we STILL lost to Stanford.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Petersen makes more than David Shaw, quite a bit more, and we STILL lost to Stanford.

We've only played Stanford once, with pretty much only Sark players.

LIFPO
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

We've only played Stanford once, with pretty much only Sark players.

LIFPO
    Fake punt. Put in Shaq.
    i asked him his opinion on Shaw too... he said Shaw's a great head coach... I referred to the Fiesta Bowl when Shaw didn't put the ball in Luck's hands in the final minutes to go for the win... he said that was all the OC and the coach's give them that authority all the time and he said that the Seattle goal line throw in the Super Bowl was exactly the same thing and nobody on the inside looks at the head coaches as failing on those things. This guy said that when you get played as a true freshman (he was) it really fucks you in a way because you only have 4 years of scholarship to get all your academis done and so he had to really balance school and football while the redshirt guys can take a few less courses b/c they get the extra year to complete studies.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited April 2015
    Why couldn't Washington have hired Harbaugh instead of fucking Stanford, seriously....I am now a Michigan fan (love Harbaugh ball), living in Penn State Territory going to Ohio State Games, wishing UW was Washington and not Wisconsin . Fuck I hate Pool Boy

"Former Stanford Athletic Director Ted Leland, who hired Walsh in 1992, said Walsh was known for his dry sense of humor. He cited the time Walsh got into hot water after making disparaging comments about the University of Washington football team—comments that were published in the Sacramento Bee and picked up by newspapers across the country. "
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Meek said:

i asked him his opinion on Shaw too... he said Shaw's a great head coach... I referred to the Fiesta Bowl when Shaw didn't put the ball in Luck's hands in the final minutes to go for the win... he said that was all the OC and the coach's give them that authority all the time and he said that the Seattle goal line throw in the Super Bowl was exactly the same thing and nobody on the inside looks at the head coaches as failing on those things. This guy said that when you get played as a true freshman (he was) it really fucks you in a way because you only have 4 years of scholarship to get all your academis done and so he had to really balance school and football while the redshirt guys can take a few less courses b/c they get the extra year to complete studies.

I don't know if it was the case in the fiesta bowl, but I know the past two or three years Shaw takes over playcalling in the redzone. He's said as much. And it's in the redzone when he does fucktarded things like wildcat and throwing quick slants over the middle into a stacked box.

That game vs SC last year was some of the most fucktarded shit I've ever seen. They would march down to the redzone or goaline, go wildcat, fuck it up with fumbles and bad snaps and miss the Fg. They squandered 5FGs in that game AND punted from the SC 29 (for a touch back lol). I think he should have for his Stanford degree revoked for punting on the 29. I think he did the same thing vs UTah in a loss.

Shaw has continued the Harbaugh culture of physicality, S&C, etc. but he's a smug prick that inherited a top5 team and thinks he's a fucking genius when I think he's just an okay coach.
    Not to mention costing his team an asskicking from Alabama in the natty by starting Nunes over Hogan.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

Meek said:

I don't know if it was the case in the fiesta bowl, but I know the past two or three years Shaw takes over playcalling in the redzone. He's said as much. And it's in the redzone when he does fucktarded things like wildcat and throwing quick slants over the middle into a stacked box.

That game vs SC last year was some of the most fucktarded shit I've ever seen. They would march down to the redzone or goaline, go wildcat, fuck it up with fumbles and bad snaps and miss the Fg. They squandered 5FGs in that game AND punted from the SC 29 (for a touch back lol). I think he should have for his Stanford degree revoked for punting on the 29. I think he did the same thing vs UTah in a loss.

Shaw has continued the Harbaugh culture of physicality, S&C, etc. but he's a smug prick that inherited a top5 team and thinks he's a fucking genius when I think he's just an okay coach.
    Not to mention costing his team an asskicking from Alabama in the natty by starting Nunes over Hogan.
    NO NATTY
    Hey that was just what I was hearing. Things change.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Why couldn't Washington have hired Harbaugh instead of fucking Stanford, seriously....I am now a Michigan fan (love Harbaugh ball), living in Penn State Territory going to Ohio State Games, wishing UW was Washington and not Wisconsin . Fuck I hate Pool Boy

"Former Stanford Athletic Director Ted Leland, who hired Walsh in 1992, said Walsh was known for his dry sense of humor. He cited the time Walsh got into hot water after making disparaging comments about the University of Washington football team—comments that were published in the Sacramento Bee and picked up by newspapers across the country. "

Washington would and should sell their left nut to be Wisconsin, HTH
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited April 2015
    salemcoog said:

Could have hired Harbaugh 10 years ago, and at least Washington would be fckn relevant

HTH
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club
    I distinctly remember not going to that game.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Insightful.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    edited April 2015
    salemcoog said:

Fuck that Coogit. Wisconsin was awful in the 80s, they're little bro to Ohio State, and they feed off of when State Penn and Michigan are down. They've had about 2-3 really good years and a lot of 8-4 seasons. They made a Rose Bowl by default because St Penn and Ohio State were banned. It would be like Arizona making a Rose Bowl because SC UCLA and whOregon were both banned from bowels (I know, hard to imagine since Oregon bought their way out of punishment).