Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shaqquan Aaron to UW

Heard it here FIRST!!1!

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2015
    Does that mean he'll transfer to Oregon in 2016?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Heard it here FIRST!!1!

Sweet. Another reclamation project who the team will count on and has a high likelihood of not staying with the team. Even more impressive is that an already short roster gets another red shirt who takes up a scholly and won't play for a year. Great roster management.

Are we this lazy that we just take people's shit cast offs(talented or not)? When will this program learn the lesson?

Building for a ncaa tourney birth come 2018!
  • Options
    Jason is the only respectable thing on dm. He regularly puts beach in his place regarding beach complete lack of knowledge on the game or what's going on with local guys. I do miss reading him but catch him on Twitter
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He had a bad year at Louisville, but this is a good get. I can't hate on it.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Anyone who thinks that Aaron sucks is an idiot.

He was the man at Rainier Beach even when they had Crisp AND Murray.

Things obviously didn't work out at Louisville. But he wasn't the only star recruit to bail on Pitino this year.

So the idea that he is some sort of cancer is wrong. You want cancer, go look at the former "star" PG that just put himself door.ass.out. because his teammates didn't suck his dick enough.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “He came in late, he’s got a bad body, he’s not thrilled with the weight room,” Pitino said in a press conference last month after Louisville’s season ended. “He needs a makeover.”

Aaron was a top 30 recruit from Seattle’s famed Rainier Beach program.

Aaron spends his redshirt year getting bigger. Nothing not to like.
  • Options

Things obviously didn't work out at Louisville. But he wasn't the only star recruit to bail on Pitino this year.

So the idea that he is some sort of cancer is wrong. You want cancer, go look at the former "star" PG that just put himself door.ass.out. because his teammates didn't suck his dick enough.

I don't think the argument should be about talent. Christ, look at the UW roster. He starts day 1 as likely the best natural player on the team.

That being said, we've gone through this multiple times in the last few years where UW brings in a player(or signs a player in the case of MM) who has a suspect history and then the team has depth issues because the player doesn't pan out.

The only person I trust out there on this situation is jason mccleary and if he says UW should stay away I trust him.

From a roster standpoint, UW has at least 3 open slots meaning Aaron is still better than other guys that UW may sign this spring/summer. I'm merely worried about relying on a guy who doesn't seem all that motivated in his first stop.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Facts only:
    Dude scored 29 points last season.

He sucks until proven otherwise.
  • Options

Facts only:

I know.

He also only played 166 minutes last season.

If Pitino didn't think he was ready physically, he should have redshirted him.

That's Sark-like roster management wrt redshirt burning.
  • Options
    In related news, Rainier Beach Jr. Keith Smith will cancel his verbal commit to San Diego St. (which I never understood...he's right up there talent-wise with Murray and Aaron. Definitely power conference talent).

UW is his top choice. Oregon is offering as well.

If UW can reel in Smith after getting Aaron, Murray and Crisp, the RBV pipeline will have been firmly established.

Also a possibility former RBV SF Dijuan Piper transfers in from the JC he's attending in Idaho...academics may still be an issue for him. Romar tried to get him in out of HS, but the grades weren't there. He hit the game winner in the state championship for Beach last year. Best defensive player I've seen since Justin Holiday.

Just what I'm hearing in the streets...don't twist. BRB, phone.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I heard Robert Upshaw worked out for UW.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

Facts only:

I know.

He also only played 166 minutes last season.

If Pitino didn't think he was ready physically, he should have redshirted him.

That's Sark-like roster management wrt redshirt burning.
    Ballers don't redshirt in the 21st Century.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

In related news, Rainier Beach Jr. Keith Smith will cancel his verbal commit to San Diego St. (which I never understood...he's right up there talent-wise with Murray and Aaron. Definitely power conference talent).

If UW can reel in Smith after getting Aaron, Murray and Crisp, the RBV pipeline will have been firmly established.

Also a possibility former RBV SF Dijuan Piper transfers in from the JC he's attending in Idaho...academics may still be an issue for him. Romar tried to get him in out of HS, but the grades weren't there. He hit the game winner in the state championship for Beach last year. Best defensive player I've seen since Justin Holiday.

He hasn't played defense in two years.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I can't get excited about anything UW basketball related until Romar is done coaching. Hopefully this is all good news for the new coach!
  • Options
    #justextendhimalready
  • Options

He hasn't played defense in two years.
    huh?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Just because you did shit in HS doesn't mean you'll do shit in college.

Just because you did shit in college doesn't mean that you'll do shit professionally.

I have giant red flags when guys walk into a situation and think that they are entitled to success without having to work or take massive shortcuts. Pitino isn't an idiot. For him to say what he said tells you that at least at THIS point he hasn't taken to doing the things necessary to play at a high level at the college level. Sometimes a change in scenery isn't the worst thing and we all need a reboot from time to time.

However, given the recent comments that have come out about the UW program, it's hard not to think that the things he may need in his life regarding structure, etc. may not be strong suits of the current program.

As Pepsi said, I'm done with Romar. I just hope he moves on before he completely torpedoes the program and at least leaves the next coach (who will be young and relatively inexperienced most likely) with something to work with.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Just because you did shit in HS doesn't mean you'll do shit in college.

Just because you did shit in college doesn't mean that you'll do shit professionally.

I have giant red flags when guys walk into a situation and think that they are entitled to success without having to work or take massive shortcuts. Pitino isn't an idiot. For him to say what he said tells you that at least at THIS point he hasn't taken to doing the things necessary to play at a high level at the college level. Sometimes a change in scenery isn't the worst thing and we all need a reboot from time to time.

However, given the recent comments that have come out about the UW program, it's hard not to think that the things he may need in his life regarding structure, etc. may not be strong suits of the current program.

As Pepsi said, I'm done with Romar. I just hope he moves on before he completely torpedoes the program and at least leaves the next coach (who will be young and relatively inexperienced most likely) with something to work with.

I don't disagree with your take on the current staff re: stability/coaching ability.

But I'll take a talented player that wants to be here. Maybe Romar gets through to him, maybe he doesn't.

Maybe the next coach gets through to him, maybe he doesn't.

It's a lot easier to be good if you have talent to work with.