Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shaqquan Aaron to UW

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Just because you did shit in HS doesn't mean you'll do shit in college.

Just because you did shit in college doesn't mean that you'll do shit professionally.

I have giant red flags when guys walk into a situation and think that they are entitled to success without having to work or take massive shortcuts. Pitino isn't an idiot. For him to say what he said tells you that at least at THIS point he hasn't taken to doing the things necessary to play at a high level at the college level. Sometimes a change in scenery isn't the worst thing and we all need a reboot from time to time.

However, given the recent comments that have come out about the UW program, it's hard not to think that the things he may need in his life regarding structure, etc. may not be strong suits of the current program.

As Pepsi said, I'm done with Romar. I just hope he moves on before he completely torpedoes the program and at least leaves the next coach (who will be young and relatively inexperienced most likely) with something to work with.

I don't disagree with your take on the current staff re: stability/coaching ability.

But I'll take a talented player that wants to be here. Maybe Romar gets through to him, maybe he doesn't.

Maybe the next coach gets through to him, maybe he doesn't.

It's a lot easier to be good if you have talent to work with.
    Given our current situation - I would agree that there's probably not a huge risk in taking him on.

That being said, given the current state of the dumpster fire, I do think you have to have some curious moments in understanding what is driving someone to jump on board.

Maybe it's because I tend to be skeptical by nature since so many people operate in a manner that is inconsistent with their actions, but I don't look at him choosing UW because he wanted to be closer to home. He clearly chose Louisville to start because he wanted to play on a national stage for a national program. He also got a rude awakening about how much work it takes to play at that level. And given the current state of the UW program, I'm thinking he's more interested in the attention that comes with the stage for personal gain instead of team gain. And let's be honest, at this point, there's a HIGH possibility that the inmates will be running the asylum next year.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

Just because you did shit in college doesn't mean that you'll do shit professionally.

I have giant red flags when guys walk into a situation and think that they are entitled to success without having to work or take massive shortcuts. Pitino isn't an idiot. For him to say what he said tells you that at least at THIS point he hasn't taken to doing the things necessary to play at a high level at the college level. Sometimes a change in scenery isn't the worst thing and we all need a reboot from time to time.

However, given the recent comments that have come out about the UW program, it's hard not to think that the things he may need in his life regarding structure, etc. may not be strong suits of the current program.

As Pepsi said, I'm done with Romar. I just hope he moves on before he completely torpedoes the program and at least leaves the next coach (who will be young and relatively inexperienced most likely) with something to work with.

I don't disagree with your take on the current staff re: stability/coaching ability.

But I'll take a talented player that wants to be here. Maybe Romar gets through to him, maybe he doesn't.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Given our current situation - I would agree that there's probably not a huge risk in taking him on.

That being said, given the current state of the dumpster fire, I do think you have to have some curious moments in understanding what is driving someone to jump on board.

Maybe it's because I tend to be skeptical by nature since so many people operate in a manner that is inconsistent with their actions, but I don't look at him choosing UW because he wanted to be closer to home. He clearly chose Louisville to start because he wanted to play on a national stage for a national program. He also got a rude awakening about how much work it takes to play at that level. And given the current state of the UW program, I'm thinking he's more interested in the attention that comes with the stage for personal gain instead of team gain. And let's be honest, at this point, there's a HIGH possibility that the inmates will be running the asylum next year.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Also, "inmates"???

I said no racist crap.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Also, "inmates"???

I said no racist crap.
    More rainier beach play, less rollball the better
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Also, "inmates"???

I said no racist crap.
    More rainier beach play, less rollball the better
    Unfortunately they're kinda similar, results and competitive balance aside.

But if it gets them back to old rollball, at least it will be entertaining.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

In related news, Rainier Beach Jr. Keith Smith will cancel his verbal commit to San Diego St. (which I never understood...he's right up there talent-wise with Murray and Aaron. Definitely power conference talent).

UW is his top choice. Oregon is offering as well.

If UW can reel in Smith after getting Aaron, Murray and Crisp, the RBV pipeline will have been firmly established.

Also a possibility former RBV SF Dijuan Piper transfers in from the JC he's attending in Idaho...academics may still be an issue for him. Romar tried to get him in out of HS, but the grades weren't there. He hit the game winner in the state championship for Beach last year. Best defensive player I've seen since Justin Holiday.

Just what I'm hearing in the streets...don't twist. BRB, phone.

He hasn't played defense in two years.
    huh?
    Have you seen him play since he has gone juco?

• Options

In related news, Rainier Beach Jr. Keith Smith will cancel his verbal commit to San Diego St. (which I never understood...he's right up there talent-wise with Murray and Aaron. Definitely power conference talent).

If UW can reel in Smith after getting Aaron, Murray and Crisp, the RBV pipeline will have been firmly established.

Also a possibility former RBV SF Dijuan Piper transfers in from the JC he's attending in Idaho...academics may still be an issue for him. Romar tried to get him in out of HS, but the grades weren't there. He hit the game winner in the state championship for Beach last year. Best defensive player I've seen since Justin Holiday.

huh?

No.

But he's only been there for 1 year.

Your comment "He hasn't played defense in two years." doesn't make any sense.

Have you watched him play?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    All this really tells me is that pool boy is a fucking pussy and Romar knows he has at least 2 more years. He wouldn't bring in a kid to redshirt for his final season.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

huh?

No.

Twice this season, in fact.

I stand corrected that he is a freshman.

He still doesn't D up.

This guy is better on both ends:
    http://wwww.nwacsports.org/basketball/stat.php?stat=individualStats&team=&sport=mbasketball&season=2014&team=CBC&playerid=29756

This guy is ridiculously better offensively:

http://wwww.nwacsports.org/basketball/stat.php?stat=individualStats&team=&sport=mbasketball&season=2014&team=WWCC&playerid=29291

Smaller but way better defender:

http://wwww.nwacsports.org/basketball/stat.php?stat=individualStats&team=&sport=mbasketball&season=2014&team=TVCC&playerid=29689

• Options

All this really tells me is that pool boy is a fucking pussy and Romar knows he has at least 2 more years. He wouldn't bring in a kid to redshirt for his final season.

Why would it matter?

He's going to be so far under scholarship numbers next year regardless ...
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You play defense in here every day!
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Pitino is one of the few coaches that can afford to torpedo a kid for any reason that suits his purpose. On the chance that Pitino was unfair in this situation UW MUST BRING HIM IN TO REBUILD THE RELATIONSHIP WITH BEACH. Romar could have done great things if he had been able to build a fence around that one HS.

Hopefully Pitino has burned his bridge at Beach. Just sayin.
  • Options

huh?

No.

He still doesn't D up.

http://wwww.nwacsports.org/basketball/stat.php?stat=individualStats&team=&sport=mbasketball&season=2014&team=CBC&playerid=29756

http://wwww.nwacsports.org/basketball/stat.php?stat=individualStats&team=&sport=mbasketball&season=2014&team=WWCC&playerid=29291

http://wwww.nwacsports.org/basketball/stat.php?stat=individualStats&team=&sport=mbasketball&season=2014&team=TVCC&playerid=29689

Wrong league, fucktard.

Cool story though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

huh?

No.

He still doesn't D up.

Wrong league, fucktard.

Cool story though.
    You'll note NIC's schedule, tard o'fuck. There are things called 'out of conference' games'. And because you are so clued in on JC ball, you already know that NIC will be a member of the NWAAC next season. In fact, they already are in most other sports.

Whether they are in a different league is irrelevant. They are still better players.
  • Options

huh?

No.

He still doesn't D up.

Wrong league, fucktard.

Cool story though.
    You'll note NIC's schedule, tard o'fuck. There are things called 'out of conference' games'.

So that is why you posted the stat leaders from a different conference. Got it.

What the fuck has your life come to if you were in Pasco watching JC bball anyhow?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    And hopefully Romar knows Pitino's bag men around Beach.
  • Options
    And how many guys has Pitino tried to ruin in his career? Last I checked, this isn't what he's known for at the college level.
  • Options

huh?

No.

He still doesn't D up.

Wrong league, fucktard.

Cool story though.
    You'll note NIC's schedule, tard o'fuck. There are things called 'out of conference' games'. And because you are so clued in on JC ball, you already know that NIC will be a member of the NWAAC next season. In fact, they already are in most other sports.

Whether they are in a different league is irrelevant. They are still better players.
    JC conference alignment superiority guy???

Piper is better than whatever dreck you're talking about. The fact that you think he's a shitty defender is all I need to know about your evaluation skillz.

Go fuck yourself.
  • Options

huh?

No.

He still doesn't D up.

Wrong league, fucktard.

Cool story though.

JC conference alignment superiority guy???

Piper is better than whatever dreck you're talking about. The fact that you think he's a shitty defender is all I need to know about your evaluation skillz.

Go fuck yourself.
    I didn't say he was shitty. I said there are better players. He's not even the best player from Beach on NIC's team. Jordan King is.

Fire Romar and bring in Mike Bethea. Hood rats unite!