Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thoughts from the Weekend

13»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Ty is a good guy

The kind of guy you'd want to destroy your program
    As much as I hate Ty—and I assure you it is with rare virulence—he didn't destroy our program. We were a 1-11 team when we hired Ty.

Only Doogs think Ty destroyed the program.
    Your best effort.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

droggins said:

Sounds like the future of the OL line is in good shape. But what about the present? Are they progressing as a unit? How's the chemistry? Are they making glaring mistakes? When they do make them, how do they respond? Are they a finesse group? Mean? Athletic? Big? Hips?

OL should be okay at present but RT is a question and who knows if Eldenkramp can be good at LT. Hatchie actually was decent last year. Charles, Crane and Brostek have a chance to be good I think.
    Agree with this, tackles are the big worry for me, mostly because we haven't seen them in live action. I actually don't think Crane starts, Tufunga has apparently been pretty good at center. He really dominated the weight room too from what I heard and saw of him.

Basically I think the OL will be about average this year.
    I've read that Crane has been @ left guard with the ones.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

droggins said:

Sounds like the future of the OL line is in good shape. But what about the present? Are they progressing as a unit? How's the chemistry? Are they making glaring mistakes? When they do make them, how do they respond? Are they a finesse group? Mean? Athletic? Big? Hips?

OL should be okay at present but RT is a question and who knows if Eldenkramp can be good at LT. Hatchie actually was decent last year. Charles, Crane and Brostek have a chance to be good I think.
    Agree with this, tackles are the big worry for me, mostly because we haven't seen them in live action. I actually don't think Crane starts, Tufunga has apparently been pretty good at center. He really dominated the weight room too from what I heard and saw of him.

I think that is only when Dexter Charles is at class. I see the starting line as (L-R): Eldrenkamp, Charles, Tufunga, Brostek, Someone
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Thanks for the free pub Pepsi - sounds like a good excuse after the Spring is over for a trip to Joey's

Unlike Fred Meyers, there is no "S" on the name. It's just Joey.
    That's a 75k distinction ....
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418

droggins said:

I think that is only when Dexter Charles is at class. I see the starting line as (L-R): Eldrenkamp, Charles, Tufunga, Brostek, Someone
    Oh, gotcha.

You think there's any chance it clicks this season for Coleman? Guy is yoked, but never got it going last season, injury prone throughout his career back into HS (from his bio). Only a Sophomore though...
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

droggins said:

Oh, gotcha.

You think there's any chance it clicks this season for Coleman? Guy is yoked, but never got it going last season, injury prone throughout his career back into HS (from his bio). Only a Sophomore though...
    He is just such a plodder, who knows though. Both him and Dwayne Washington look great just standing around, and Washington is explosive. But I just don't know if they can be good running backs. The hope lies with Washington, imo. If he can learn the position he could be a great back.

But it's OK, because Myles Gaskin is good! And If Austin Joyner wants to play RB he is good too!
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

If anyone ever gets a chance to ask Nathan Dean what Sark did to him at the Las Vegas Bowl in December 2012, do it.

It'll just confirm Sark's piece-of-shittiness even more.

What did he do? I would love to hear this.
    I heard this before. I think Sark was drunk making a lot of noise in the hall. Dean came out of his room to see what was happening and Sark got in his face, pushing him up against a wall threatening to kick his ass.

Something like that.
    You sir, are a scholar. Good job.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

droggins said:

Oh, gotcha.

#lavoncolemanwillbegood #improbablywrongbutimowningit
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341

Tequilla said:

Thanks for the free pub Pepsi - sounds like a good excuse after the Spring is over for a trip to Joey's

Unlike Fred Meyers, there is no "S" on the name. It's just Joey.
    Kinda like Nordstroms?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Move Coleman and washington to linebacker. Both know how to plug a hole better than 4 year starter Timu.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Move Coleman and washington to linebacker. Both know how to plug a hole better than 4 year starter Timu.

Voted down for misusing "plug a hole" opportunity and using a Timu reference
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

droggins said:

Who is Caleb McGary, Alex?
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

If anyone ever gets a chance to ask Nathan Dean what Sark did to him at the Las Vegas Bowl in December 2012, do it.

It'll just confirm Sark's piece-of-shittiness even more.

What did he do? I would love to hear this.
    I heard this before. I think Sark was drunk making a lot of noise in the hall. Dean came out of his room to see what was happening and Sark got in his face, pushing him up against a wall threatening to kick his ass.

Something like that.
    My lord...
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

droggins said:

Oh, gotcha.

I'm not ready to give up on Coleman yet as most are. He averaged 4.1 ypc, which isn't great but he was only a freshman and the offense was a complete dreckfest. He had decent production against Hawaii, EWU, Cal, Stanford and OSU.

I'm not counting on or assuming he will be a lot better but I don't think its far fetched to see him improving and being a decent back at somepoint.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    Swaye said:

This thread was worth Sven's $ 7.11 this month.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    topdawgnc said:

Reminds me of when @RaceBannon met Ty.

He looked Race in the eye, made him feel important.
    Which eye?
    The brown one.