Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just Want to Throw This Out There

Would it actually hurt Romar to recruit a white player? They can play basketball too you know!!!!11!

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Romar is raysist??? True!!11!????
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm pretty sure he recruited the shit out of Kyle Wiltjer both times, Kevin Love, Kyle Singler, and landed John Brochman over Duke
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2015

I'm pretty sure he recruited the shit out of Kyle Wiltjer both times, Kevin Love, Kyle Singler, and landed John Brochman over Duke

1) Kyle needed a substantial cost to secure his services, ie why he went to UK.

2) K-love was going to UCLA before he was born

4) Sing was going to duke, well always

I do think that romar looks the other way on white players(don't twist), but he didn't "lose" out on sing, love or kyle. They were never coming to UW

hey, big secret that nobody except everyone knows. If you're white, even if you're better than the brethren, you don't go to uw. You know why? You won't play. Romar isn't an outright racist, however he has shown his stripes over 13 years to play a certain player which fits his mold. If you're white, you don't go to uw. It's not that hard to read between the lines.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,565
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Ryan Applebee is a huskiieieiieieie legend!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I do think that romar looks the other way on white players(don't twist), but he didn't "lose" out on sing, love or kyle. They were never coming to UW

hey, big secret that nobody except everyone knows. If you're white, even if you're better than the brethren, you don't go to uw. You know why? You won't play. Romar isn't an outright racist, however he has shown his stripes over 13 years to play a certain player which fits his mold. If you're white, you don't go to uw. It's not that hard to read between the lines.

Spencer Hawes, John Brockman (I believe both started as a freshman) say hi.
  • Options
    For got Enes Kanter, who would have obviously played huge minutes for Romar (the NCAA would have dug so deep had he signed with UW) had he turned down the early paycheck at KU
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's an international gayme. It can't hurt to have Euro and S. American contacts. Ones that can bring in guys better than that Belgian bum.

On my list of problems with Romar though, not enough scrappy white Zaggot type white kids is pretty low.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

It's an international gayme. It can't hurt to have Euro and S. American contacts. Ones that can bring in guys better than that Belgian bum.

On my list of problems with Romar though, not enough scrappy white Zaggot type white kids is pretty low.

That bum from Belgian, had more rebounds against EWU, a common opponent than the entire front line of Kemp, Jarreau and Upshaw. And had it not been for a Kevin Durrant like performance from Jarreau (2 points), he would have out scored them too. I can assure you, Romar wishes he had not chased him off, for being white. Turns out it was RomarFS
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Mike Jensen.

Case closed.

Kentwood!
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2015
    These things go in cycles. I'm just happy to see him finally get a kid out of the Beach. The biggest loss in recruiting was Dollar. It also wouldn't be terrible for him to follow Mark Few to Europe. I seem to recall Marv Harshman getting a few kids that way. Maybe a few classes in Polish, Russian, and German would help. Heck, even China. It seems we get quite a few golfers that way.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pepsi,

You mean like how Gonzaga looked woefully slow today?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Mike Jensen.

Case closed.

End of discussion

• Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Call me a racist, but it seems other than when Nate was here, the team fought harder when there was a good black/white mix on the team. Nate pumps up any team he's on all by himself regardless of the mix.

Kids ten years ago weren't racist at all. I don't know about now. The race dynamic in the country has deteriorated. You're seeing more Zag type teams and more KY type teams. Duke will always get the OKG kids they want. UW is not in the class of KY, Kansas, Duke, Louisville, even UCLA or Arizona.

Things have changed, Dollar is gone. Recruiting and defense have suffered. LoRo must adjust. So must pool boy. LoRo has raised the program, but might not be the guy to take it to the next level. With all the TV money and new revenue from the stadium, it might be time to pull the trigger on a Big Time name, if one could be bought.

LoRo has done an outstanding job given the shit hole he was handed by Babs. He bleeds purple. I hope he proves me wrong like he has in the past.
  • Options
    d2d said:

Call me a racist, but it seems other than when Nate was here, the team fought harder when there was a good black/white mix on the team. Nate pumps up any team he's on all by himself regardless of the mix.

Kids ten years ago weren't racist at all. I don't know about now. The race dynamic in the country has deteriorated. You're seeing more Zag type teams and more KY type teams. Duke will always get the OKG kids they want. UW is not in the class of KY, Kansas, Duke, Louisville, even UCLA or Arizona.

Things have changed, Dollar is gone. Recruiting and defense have suffered. LoRo must adjust. So must pool boy. LoRo has raised the program, but might not be the guy to take it to the next level. With all the TV money and new revenue from the stadium, it might be time to pull the trigger on a Big Time name, if one could be bought.

LoRo has done an outstanding job given the shit hole he was handed by Babs. He bleeds purple. I hope he proves me wrong like he has in the past.

You mean like the 2007 team with Hawes, Brockman, Appleby in key roles (not to mention Air Artem, Phil Nelson and Hans Gasser on the bench)?

Losing in the first round of the CBI was Hawesome.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Coke's right you know ...

• Options

I'm pretty sure you all missed the fact that everyone race baits on romar, so some of us can reverse race bait just as much.

romar will take anyone. christ, he took Giles.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure you all missed the fact that everyone race baits on romar, so some of us can reverse race bait just as much.

romar will take anyone. christ, he took Giles.
    lulz

• Options

Why is this an actual thread?

Pretty sure it started as sarcasm and some piled on the sarcasm and some actually took it seriously........and here we are.

This is what happens when your school forgets to play in the end of season tournament 4 years running.