Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Damoan

2»

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,341 Founders Club
    edited March 2015
    What's more, is that to "serve and protect" has turned into "tax and collect". Some cities derive as much as 30% of the income from traffic infractions.

Drive through Redmond after twilight, and you can't see the lettering on a police cruiser until you are within 30 yards. TWICE in the last month, I've rolled up on one of Redmond's SUV police cruisers and not realized who it was until I was next to them. I should have known from 100 yards or more. Instead of a police cars standing out like a sore thumb - like "hey, I might need you in an emergency" - they are painted in dark tones and hide in the shadows.

And you expect citizens to be ok with this antagonism? And you act surprised when they revolt as a result of this treatment? Police are supposed to work FOR the citizenry, not against.

Which incidentally WAS the original premise of the 2nd Amendment - to protect oneself from an oppressive government. The founding father's knew too well that government in question could be your own.

...Wait a minute... Suzy Soccer Milf is black, drives a beater and cruises Medina at night?

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution. Again.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    pawz said:

What's more, is that to "serve and protect" has turned into "tax and collect". Some cities derive as much as 30% of the income from traffic infractions.

Drive through Redmond after twilight, and you can't see the lettering on a police cruiser until you are within 30 yards. TWICE in the last month, I've rolled up on one of Redmond's SUV police cruisers and not realized who it was until I was next to them. I should have known from 100 yards or more. Instead of a police cars standing out like a sore thumb - like "hey, I might need you in an emergency" - they are painted in dark tones and hide in the shadows.

And you expect citizens to be ok with this antagonism? And you act surprised when they revolt as a result of this treatment?

Which incidentally WAS the original premise of the 2nd Amendment - to protect oneself from an oppressive government. The founding father's knew too well that government in question could be your own.

... wait another minute... what does this have to do with ISIS police officers in Bellevue/Redmond/Medina beheading innocent black people?

pawz said:

And you expect citizens to be ok with this antagonism? And you act surprised when they revolt as a result of this treatment?

... wait another minute... what does this have to do with ISIS police officers in Bellevue/Redmond/Medina beheading innocent black people?
    You should go play outside and let the grownups talk.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

Well let's see, cops steal your money and property. That's fairly Isis like. They kill unarmed men. That's pretty Isis like. They're all assholes. That's Isis like. I'm sure they're overwhelmingly religious. Isis like. Other than that, yeah, nothing in common.

that's pretty fucked up in the head
    Is not fucked up that he said it, it's fucked up that it's true. And it's not just a few bad apples either, it's become endemic.

Try being pulled over in Bellevue/Clyde Hill/Medina/Kirkland/Redmond and not being treated like you're a Crip or Blood in Compton. Then pop-off.
    Try following the law. Then you won't be pulled over. Break the law....all bets are off. Pretty simple
    Let's all take a moment and let that sink in. An American citizen is telling another American citizen that if you break the law "all bets are off". That's the country we're living in right now. This is something people actually think is ok. Jesus.

If by "all bets are off" you infer that to me it's OK to shoot a red light runner, that's beyond FS. If you infer that means breaking the law can result in legal consequences of which you have no right to bitch about, you're getting closer.

I've lived in a number of cities/states over the years. I've never had a problem with the police. No one in my family has ever had a problem. No one I know has ever had a problem. Yet from what some on here say, police brutality is endemic.
    edited March 2015
    "Dig the police brutality"
    pawz said:

HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

Well let's see, cops steal your money and property. That's fairly Isis like. They kill unarmed men. That's pretty Isis like. They're all assholes. That's Isis like. I'm sure they're overwhelmingly religious. Isis like. Other than that, yeah, nothing in common.

Is not fucked up that he said it, it's fucked up that it's true. And it's not just a few bad apples either, it's become endemic.

Try being pulled over in Bellevue/Clyde Hill/Medina/Kirkland/Redmond and not being treated like you're a Crip or Blood in Compton. Then pop-off.
    Try following the law. Then you won't be pulled over. Break the law....all bets are off. Pretty simple.
    Try driving a beater in Medina. Not if, it's when ... been there, done that.

Please keep in mind, I'm white, college educated and I know better than to speed in Medina. Still got pulled over.

So which law did I break?

HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

To suggest that police = ISIS is completely FS. It's right up there with "all blacks are thugs."
    No shit. Speaking for myself its hyperbole.

The fact that it hits so close to home is the problem in the first place.

HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

Spend a day in a police officer's shoes, then pop-off. Oh, and 'Hands up, don't shoot."
    My favorite red-herring.

in Bellevue/Clyde Hill/Medina/Kirkland/Redmond I'd be glad to. In spite of the gravy-est beats possible, the over-bearing, power tripping, ego-maniacal nature of the majority is abhorrent. To see suzy soccer milf treated like an eminent, felonious threat to society is not only a joke, it's a glaring indictment on the institutional nature of the problem.

While there are plenty of good cops, the institutions that govern them have come to create policies, procedures, and cultures, that errode public trust and respect. That antagonistic nature of the departments are building an epic, animus snowball of mutual contempt.
    Funny, I personally have no issues with trust and respect by and for the police. They have a job to do, and if I can help out by not being a fucking idiot, I do it. My family and friends are in the same boat.

As for the dramatic "epic, animus snowball of mutual contempt", that sounds like an attempt to win a Pulitzer. Wax poetic till the cows come home, but at the end of the day, who has the biggest issues with the police........the people who break the law.

Look, the police are far from perfect. Should they improve recruiting, training and accountability.....you bet. But that's no different than any other organization, private or public, in the country.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

Try following the law. Then you won't be pulled over. Break the law....all bets are off. Pretty simple
    Let's all take a moment and let that sink in. An American citizen is telling another American citizen that if you break the law "all bets are off". That's the country we're living in right now. This is something people actually think is ok. Jesus.

If by "all bets are off" you infer that to me it's OK to shoot a red light runner, that's beyond FS. If you infer that means breaking the law can result in legal consequences of which you have no right to bitch about, you're getting closer.

I've lived in a number of cities/states over the years. I've never had a problem with the police. No one in my family has ever had a problem. No one I know has ever had a problem. Yet from what some on here say, police brutality is endemic.
    Check your privilege!
    I'm Hispanic. Does that qualify?
    depends... you live in Pasco?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,800 Standard Supporter

depends... you live in Pasco?

Demasiado pronto , hermano.

jodidamente pronto.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,383 Swaye's Wigwam
    I should have poasted his real name and email when I had the chance.

Damn me for doing the right thing.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

What a load of back peddling bullshit.

Well if it hasn't happened to anyone you know it must not be a problem. I don't know anyone that doesn't have a job so unemployment isn't a problem. I don't know anyone that died from terrorism so it must not be a problem.

If you did any actual research you'd see that cops are some of the worst people in this country. They do some of the shadiest shit. Or you could continue to think that your personal experience trumps all the other evidence. It works for religious people.
    I'm not black. I've been pulled over, cuffed and fucked by overzealous police. I don't cry like a bitch about it.

hth

fyfmfe
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited March 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

<...a bunch of gibberish trimmed for brevity... but then...>
    Spend a day in a police officer's donut shop shoes, then pop-off.
    FIFY

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

Well if it hasn't happened to anyone you know it must not be a problem. I don't know anyone that doesn't have a job so unemployment isn't a problem. I don't know anyone that died from terrorism so it must not be a problem.

If you did any actual research you'd see that cops are some of the worst people in this country. They do some of the shadiest shit. Or you could continue to think that your personal experience trumps all the other evidence. It works for religious people.

'Awesomed' for "load of back peddling bullshit".

I'm not black. I've been pulled over, cuffed and fucked by overzealous police. I don't cry like a bitch about it.

hth

fyfmfe

2-hole? lube? did ya squeal like a pig?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,230
    pawz said:

hth

fyfmfe

2-hole? lube? did ya squeal like a pig?
    It was like a hot dog being thrown down a hallway.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Public servant style police work isn't the guise at your local police academy anymore- in Washington or Nebraska.

The big money in law enforcement training is spent on military weapons certification, SWAT style takedowns and maximizing drug busts.... not public service or handling your average citizen interaction with tact.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

pawz said:

What research is that?