Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who's drafted first? Shaq or Peters

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited March 2015 in NFL Talk

Who's drafted first? Shaq or Peters 39 votes

Shaq I'm a running back playing OLB Thompson
10%
TierbsHsotBoobsgreenbloodUWerentThereManYeahILikeDawgs 4 votes
Marcus OKG Peters
89%
DerekJohnsonsection8RaceBannonHouhuskyFire_Marshall_BillloadsockPurpleBazeThomasFremontRoadDawg55Mad_SonDeepSeaZHeretoBeatmyChestdhdawgUWhuskytskeetGladstoneCokeGreaterThanPepsiTTJdncMisterEmdroggins 35 votes

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Marcus OKG Peters
    Peters has better hips
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Marcus OKG Peters
    Quality DBs are more are rare in the modern league. Not convinced Peters will be quality but it's relative to his peers and the experts think he is pretty good.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Marcus OKG Peters
    Tall, Edgy corners with a short memory for $500, please.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Marcus OKG Peters
    I doubt Shaq gets picked up in round 1 after his combine performance. Does anyone have any Pro day results. I like the fact Peters has more attitude than Truant. He brings it on every play. There were times when He was the best player on the field, who's name was not Danny Shelton. If I am a GM I want that from my corner, especially when he's on an Island most of the game, short term memory and an in your face, no back down demeanor. Ask yourself this, If you had the chance to replace Sherman with Peters and save $14,000,000 a year would you do it? It would be New York JefFS not to. I just have a feeling in 5 years we will be looking back and wondering why Da Fuq he was not better here during his time at UW.

I just see Shaq disappear to often if he's not making the big play, and he's too small for OLB. He may wash out, and I would not be surprised. Hau'oli Kikaha may have a better NFL career than Shaq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWwI6VsnTo
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Marcus OKG Peters
    Flagged myself for the baseball analogy but it fits..

I see Shaq as the athletic shortstop who makes 1-2 exceptional plays per game.... BUT... can be found out of position on basic pick off plays, double plays, playing back on his heels or screwing up the cutoff relay for balls hit into the gaps.

In the end, you'll be benched for the guy who makes the 15 routine plays every time in every game over the guy who makes the 1 maybe 2 incredible plays per game.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Marcus OKG Peters
    MisterEm said:

Flagged myself for the baseball analogy but it fits..

I see Shaq as the athletic shortstop who makes 1-2 exceptional plays per game.... BUT... can be found out of position on basic pick off plays, double plays, playing back on his heels or screwing up the cutoff relay for balls hit into the gaps.

In the end, you'll be benched for the guy who makes the 15 routine plays every time in every game over the guy who makes the 1 maybe 2 incredible plays per game.

Let me flag that for ya, bro
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Marcus OKG Peters
    From what I've followed, Shaq seems to be slipping. Teams are seeing him as a guy without a real position. Some have him now going in the 2nd round.

Peters is either the best or 2nd best CB in the draft and is a first round pick in almost every mock draft I have seen. He's got good size, he's tough, he tackles, and he's fast enough.

It's kind of tough to predict because one team could love Shaq and Peters' off field issues could make him slide, but I think the smart money is on Peters.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Marcus OKG Peters
    Peters should be drafted over Shaq based on attitude alone. Fucking gamer. Loved it when he went over to Eastern's sideline to talk shit to their faggot asses. When did the coaches take him out of the game again, 2nd quarter? If he would have stayed in I guarantee he picks off Adams a couple of times and that dreckfest isn't close.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Marcus OKG Peters
    "I've only scouted players for 3 years, but I will say that Peters is hands down the best CB prospect I've seen. I think he could have gone as high as #5 to Washington without the red flags, and ultimately shouldn't have made it out of the top 10. As for on the field issues, most of them stem from his off coverage technique and awareness. He likes to give up on matching the route often to try to break and make plays on the ball, which is great when it works, but disastrous when it doesn't. But when he presses? I don't have a single issue with him. He is the complete package in my eyes."

Hank Jones, NFL Scout

And yet there are some experts here who wouldn't waste a first round pick on him
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Marcus OKG Peters

"I've only scouted players for 3 years, but I will say that Peters is hands down the best CB prospect I've seen. I think he could have gone as high as #5 to Washington without the red flags, and ultimately shouldn't have made it out of the top 10. As for on the field issues, most of them stem from his off coverage technique and awareness. He likes to give up on matching the route often to try to break and make plays on the ball, which is great when it works, but disastrous when it doesn't. But when he presses? I don't have a single issue with him. He is the complete package in my eyes."

Hank Jones, NFL Scout

And yet there are some experts here who wouldn't waste a first round pick on him

@LaZoris!!! True???
    The kid was a late first-rounder... and he fucked that into a 3rd-4th round pick. No wonder he hired some help to edit his pre-draft interview. No one is taking this fucked up kid in the first 2 rounds. Not even the Browns.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Lawrence Lagafuinana
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Marcus OKG Peters

Hank Jones, NFL Scout

Some on this board pressed incredibly hard because of the issues Petersen had with Peters. He was probably the best CB at UW I've ever seen.
    I liked Dana, but I know he didn't play corner at UW, so I agree. He was head and shoulders above Truant . I would honesty, let Sherman go, sign Peters to a rookie deal and keep on moving
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Marcus OKG Peters

Hank Jones, NFL Scout

Some on this board pressed incredibly hard because of the issues Petersen had with Peters. He was probably the best CB at UW I've ever seen.
    I liked Dana, but I know he didn't play corner at UW, so I agree. He was head and shoulders above Trufant
    Dana Hall didn't play corner at UW? I thought he was the #1 corner with Walt Bailey on the other side and Pahukoa and Smith the safeties (Smith more of a rover)?
  • Options
    Marcus OKG Peters
    dnc said:

Hank Jones, NFL Scout

I liked Dana, but I know he didn't play corner at UW, so I agree. He was head and shoulders above Trufant
    Dana Hall didn't play corner at UW? I thought he was the #1 corner with Walt Bailey on the other side and Pahukoa and Smith the safeties (Smith more of a rover)?
    You are right, he played Corner at UW and Safety at San Fran. 6'3 Corner, wow
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Peters will probably be taken in the top half of the 1st round. He's easily the best CB prospect in this draft and the CB class itself is pretty meh. The character concerns don't include domestic violence which the is the latest NFL fad, so I don't see those concerns affecting his draft stock much. He'll keep rising as the draft gets closer.

On the DV note, I think the Seahawks should take a chance on Frank Clark. They could probably get him in the 4th/5th round and he could have a Greg Hardy type impact (on and off the field?).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Marcus OKG Peters
    Looks like Shaq may slip two rounds and may be a mid round pick up, hopefully retraining in the legion of boom as a strong safety .

I hate to say it, but Shaq was a better NFL prospect coming out of high school, so what the fuq happened to him? Sark or Ivan
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Fuck Peters and his Sark infused bullshit.,