Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW season ticket sales lagging?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,670
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
These couple of screen shots indicate that they are:

imageScreen shot 2013-08-19 at 5.13.54 PM" />

imageScreen shot 2013-08-19 at 5.14.54 PM" />

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    I will be watching on the plasma. Refusing to renew after 2008 was one of my smarter decisions.
    I miss tailgating, but I don't hate money.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like you have all the screen shots you need.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    How exactly does that show that season ticket sales are "Lagging"?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2013
    Just a guess, but finding two independent seating arrangements with eight seats in a row or two rows of four each, one basically in front of the other, might just mean that there are ample seats available.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    especially near midfield
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I believe season ticket sales are above 47k, which would be the highest in several years.

But probably not the bump they were looking for with a new stadium.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,555
    Swaye's Wigwam

I believe season ticket sales are above 47k, which would be the highest in several years.

But probably not the bump they were looking for with a new stadium.

That's a pathetic number
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Maybe that's why Sark suddenly seems under terrific duress... Woodward has perhaps told him he NEEDS to win in order to increase sales.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The seating options are even better if you skip the games against the Mountain Time Zone teams:

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,123
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Mora would have it sold out.

Someone needs to explain to Pool Boy that limiting supply is one way to create a hot ticket, but increasing demand by getting a Coach who isn't half a fag (75K) and actually wins 10 a year is another, and the latter is the preferred option.
  • Options

especially near midfield

Section 330 Row 18 are on the 35 yard line. They are also Tyee 450 tickets. So $950 per ticket for tickets in the North Upper Deck on the 35. Not sure they would sell those in the good years for that price.

Section 327 Row 49 and 50. That is the 15 yard line and only about 10 rows from the top.

You could still get lower bowl tickets this time last year. So I wouldn't say that ticket sales are lagging.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    IMALOSER_ said:

especially near midfield

Section 330 Row 18 are on the 35 yard line. They are also Tyee 450 tickets. So $950 per ticket for tickets in the North Upper Deck on the 35. Not sure they would sell those in the good years for that price.

Section 327 Row 49 and 50. That is the 15 yard line and only about 10 rows from the top.

You could still get lower bowl tickets this time last year. So I wouldn't say that ticket sales are lagging.

You can still get lower bowl tickets now if you don't want to waste your time with Boise, ISU, and CU (NT).
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Someone needs to explain to Pool Boy that limiting supply is one way to create a hot ticket, but increasing demand by getting a Coach who isn't half a fag (75K) and actually wins 10 a year is another, and the latter is the preferred option.
    I think he gets that. Sark appears to be under duress and I think this is the chief reason. Problem is Pool Boy. Can he hire a coach "who isn't half a fag ($75k) and actually wins 10 a year"? We'll see.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,157
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    lower bowl never sold out because first 3 rows felt like you were on you were on your knees (which is why all the sororities preferred those rows). I'm curious if the front row is really worth a damn in the new stadium.

Old stadium upper deck >> west endzone and bottom 3 rows.

New stadium, not the case. Allegedly.

Still no announced capacity correct? its 100% a political move at this point.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

especially near midfield

You can still get lower bowl tickets now if you don't want to waste your time with Boise, ISU, and CU (NT).
    If you want to pay $1250 a seat(Tyee750). Last year you could still get tickets with no Tyee Donation in the Lower Bowl. I added two extra tickets in lower bowl last year, 3 weeks before the season started.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I think he gets that. Sark appears to be under duress and I think this is the chief reason. Problem is Pool Boy. Can he hire a coach "who isn't half a fag ($75k) and actually wins 10 a year"? We'll see.
    Agree with this. From the Seattle Times comments, I got the feeling that another 7-6 season would get Sark fired. I also agree that Woodward is a little bitch (I can't get over how a guy who has watched plenty of football would hold the ball the way he does), and will probably fuck up the next hire. Hopefully he gets lucky.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    Not sure they would sell those in the good years for that price.
    Good christ....really? You do realize that UW had a waiting list at one time for Tyee seats that were worse than these. I know because I spent two years on the waiting list and was then given the privilege to sit in the second row from the top of the North side. The price today is comparable with what I paid 20 years ago.

Stop being a fucking apologist and just look at the facts for a change. Next thing you will tell us is the reason there was a waiting list 20 years ago is we didn't have major league soccer.

community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19920721&slug=1503214
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Woodward only fires Sark in order to save himself. Otherwise Sark isn't going anywhere if he stays above 6 wins.