Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW season ticket sales lagging?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

especially near midfield

Section 330 Row 18 are on the 35 yard line. They are also Tyee 450 tickets. So $950 per ticket for tickets in the North Upper Deck on the 35. Not sure they would sell those in the good years for that price.

Section 327 Row 49 and 50. That is the 15 yard line and only about 10 rows from the top.

You could still get lower bowl tickets this time last year. So I wouldn't say that ticket sales are lagging.

You can still get lower bowl tickets now if you don't want to waste your time with Boise, ISU, and CU (NT).
    If you want to pay $1250 a seat(Tyee750). Last year you could still get tickets with no Tyee Donation in the Lower Bowl. I added two extra tickets in lower bowl last year, 3 weeks before the season started.
    Last year was in a different stadium. Not a great comparison.

• Options

Not sure they would sell those in the good years for that price.
    Good christ....really? You do realize that UW had a waiting list at one time for Tyee seats that were worse than these. I know because I spent two years on the waiting list and was then given the privilege to sit in the second row from the top of the North side. The price today is comparable with what I paid 20 years ago.

Stop being a fucking apologist and just look at the facts for a change. Next thing you will tell us is the reason there was a waiting list 20 years ago is we didn't have major league soccer.

community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19920721&slug=1503214

56k season tickets in 1989 after no bowl.

Woodward would eat a fetus on national TV (in 3D) to sell 56k season tickets now.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,670
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Good christ....really? You do realize that UW had a waiting list at one time for Tyee seats that were worse than these. I know because I spent two years on the waiting list and was then given the privilege to sit in the second row from the top of the North side. The price today is comparable with what I paid 20 years ago.

Stop being a fucking apologist and just look at the facts for a change. Next thing you will tell us is the reason there was a waiting list 20 years ago is we didn't have major league soccer.

56k season tickets in 1989 after no bowl.

Woodward would eat a fetus on national TV (in 3D) to sell 56k season tickets now.

is that better than clubbing a seal to make a better deal?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,299
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

especially near midfield

Section 330 Row 18 are on the 35 yard line. They are also Tyee 450 tickets. So $950 per ticket for tickets in the North Upper Deck on the 35. Not sure they would sell those in the good years for that price.

Section 327 Row 49 and 50. That is the 15 yard line and only about 10 rows from the top.

You could still get lower bowl tickets this time last year. So I wouldn't say that ticket sales are lagging.

You can still get lower bowl tickets now if you don't want to waste your time with Boise, ISU, and CU (NT).
    If you want to pay $1250 a seat(Tyee750). Last year you could still get tickets with no Tyee Donation in the Lower Bowl. I added two extra tickets in lower bowl last year, 3 weeks before the season started.
    Why do you hate money so much? What did it ever do to you?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    IMALOSER_ said:

Good christ....really? You do realize that UW had a waiting list at one time for Tyee seats that were worse than these. I know because I spent two years on the waiting list and was then given the privilege to sit in the second row from the top of the North side.

Wait a minute. When did we switch the conversation to ticket sales are down from 20 years ago? I thought we were discussing ticket sales as lagging in the current environment.

So I guess Mariner ticket sales are soaring.......... I mean if we are going to compare them to sales 20 years ago.

Ticket sales are up this year. No matter how you slice it. Mostly because of New Stadium and Apple Cup.

There actually wasn't a waiting list 20 years ago. It disappeared with James. Has nothing to do with soccer. It has to do with winning football games. Seahawks waiting list disappeared a few years ago......guess what.....it's back.

You said you weren't sure they could sell the tyee seats DJ (I call him DJ) found even in good years. I called bullshit because in the past they have done just that. Win and those seats are sold. Period. Case Closed. End Of Discussion.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

IMALOSER_ said:

Good christ....really? You do realize that UW had a waiting list at one time for Tyee seats that were worse than these. I know because I spent two years on the waiting list and was then given the privilege to sit in the second row from the top of the North side.

Wait a minute. When did we switch the conversation to ticket sales are down from 20 years ago? I thought we were discussing ticket sales as lagging in the current environment.

So I guess Mariner ticket sales are soaring.......... I mean if we are going to compare them to sales 20 years ago.

Ticket sales are up this year. No matter how you slice it. Mostly because of New Stadium and Apple Cup.

There actually wasn't a waiting list 20 years ago. It disappeared with James. Has nothing to do with soccer. It has to do with winning football games. Seahawks waiting list disappeared a few years ago......guess what.....it's back.
    You said you weren't sure they could sell the tyee seats DJ (I call him DJ) found even in good years. I called bullshit because in the past they have done just that. Win and those seats are sold. Period. Case Closed. End Of Discussion.

They were not charging $1000 a ticket for "crappy" Tyee Seats. Not even if you adjust for inflation.

Same seats for the Seahawks are $840 for 8 regular season games and 2 scrimmages.

UW - $142/game
    Sehawks - $84/game or $105/game if you don't count preseason.

If a football fan who is not a UW alum has a choice of which one to buy, even if they both suck or both are good. Not a tough decision.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

They were not charging $1000 a ticket for "crappy" Tyee Seats. Not even if you adjust for inflation.

Same seats for the Seahawks are $840 for 8 regular season games and 2 scrimmages.

UW - $142/game

If a football fan who is not a UW alum has a choice of which one to buy, even if they both suck or both are good. Not a tough decision.

If they both suck you can watch the Huskie game at a respectable bar, then watch a better NFL product with the Sunday ticket. Again, there is no reason to abuse your money like that. I'll be happy to take it from you, as I know better ways it can be spent. There are two great things already coming to mind..........
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

UW - $142/game

If they both suck you can watch the Huskie game at a respectable bar, then watch a better NFL product with the Sunday ticket. Again, there is no reason to abuse your money like that. I'll be happy to take it from you, as I know better ways it can be spent. There are two great things already coming to mind..........

Yeah, it's nice to have extra money to just shit away. On a side note.....am I supposed to give you a tip when you pump my gas?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Who is Michael Picinich?
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

especially near midfield

Yeah, bad comparison. I should have used one from the 1990's, that's fucking relevant. That reminds me...........my pet rock needs to go for a walk.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,670
    Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

Who is Michael Picinich?

an operative. Not his real name.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

UW - $142/game

Yeah, it's nice to have extra money to just shit away. On a side note.....am I supposed to give you a tip when you pump my gas?

Great flame from the Doog script as always.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

especially near midfield

Yeah, bad comparison. I should have used one from the 1990's, that's fucking relevant. That reminds me...........my pet rock needs to go for a walk.
    That comparison was shitty too. If I wasn't lazy, I'd go pull up the 2011 numbers.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

UW - $142/game

I have you pegged as a full electric guy.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

UW - $142/game

Great flame from the Doog script as always.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

UW - $142/game

I paid about $600. Pretty close to $1000 in today's dollars. And I waited 2 years to do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Woodward only fires Sark in order to save himself. Otherwise Sark isn't going anywhere if he stays above 6 wins.

Given the data that you just showed I could see that happening. If there isn't a "buzz" around this team heading into next year with people wanting to buy up more season tickets I could see Pool Boy firing Sark to recreate that buzz.

I still don't trust Pool Boy to hire the right coach though. Hard to trust a guy who said he wanted to hire a defensive minded coach then hires an OC.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

UW - $142/game

I paid about $600. Pretty close to $1000 in today's dollars. And I waited 2 years to do it.

I paid $300 and sat in section 18 Row S. Pretty stupid to pay that kind of money for shitty tickets. I guess that's what happens to bandwagon fans who want tickets.
  • Options

Seriously run this loser pool boy sarkspoligist piece of shit now. If you want to be a dumbass doog that's fine but if you're just here to suck admin cock then you're gone. Ticket sales suck because the team has for a decade and the current coach and ad still suck.

Ticket Sales are on the rise. That is the facts. They are selling more tickets this year than last. UW will once again be in the top 3 in attendance in the Pac-12. If you are hoping Woody fires Sark because of ticket sales.......not going to happen. Especially now with the TV money. Hell WSU can draw 10K fans to a game and pay Leach his multli millions. Tickets sales don't matter any longer, it's all about TV money.