Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

what will be the 3 annual plungers this year

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
edited August 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
the possibilities are Oregon, at Stan, at OSU, at UCLA, and at ASU
I'm gonna go with
at Stan (now usually they don't blow people out but we're gonna get dominated at the LOS. We lose probably 34-10)
Oregon our offense maybe will be able to do some things, I'd go with 55-27
at ASU Sark's team respond horribly to adversity and cannot bounce back on the road, 52-17 in a mirror image of last year's arizona games, this is where trust issues start to pop up

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    At UCLA take that to the bank. Mora will want to prove how they fucked up by not hiring him.

At Stanford, Sark in big road games always equals a blow out.

I can't pin point the 3rd one though.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    I have a feeling that Cal will turn a few heads during the season. All that athletic talent under a fresh new coaching staff could result in what Neuheisel did for UW the first two years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

I have a feeling that Cal will turn a few heads during the season. All that athletic talent under a fresh new coaching staff could result in what Neuheisel did for UW the first two years.

Completely disagree. Cal won't plunger rape UW in their own house. Sark is pretty good at home. He has only lost one home game to an unranked team at the time.

His plunger rapings typically come on the road. College Football matrix also thinks Cal is going to be very bad this year.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

I vote for four:
    Oregon
    @Stanford
    @ASU
    @UCLA

Has Sark had a year where he didn't get 1 plunger at home?

I think 2012 might be the only year. The only loss was 24-10 vs. USC.

2011 was the 34-17 loss to whOregon (ROFL)

2010 was Nebraska

2009? whOregon (ROFL) again?
    Is it wrong to mention Boise State as a plunger game?
  • DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705
    Illinois with the surprise plunger.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    I think ASU could be really really ugly. Last time UW was down in Stanford I left in the 3rd quarter, one of the most pitiful games I have ever been to. It was fun for the first quarter and then it was pure misery there after. Stanford won't win by 40 but I think it will be more like by 20.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,377 Founders Club
    The O/U for plungers this year is 4.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Oregon & ASU are the top two candidates.

Stanford has a dearth of skill position talent and thats after last season in which they had numerous close games. Those TEs are going to be big losses. Their D will keep them in every game though.

UCLA had a mediocre D last year and loses Franklin and Fauria, their two best skill guys who scored most of their TDs. Keep in mind their OL in terms of sacks was even worse than UWs and they had a mobile QB. UCLA also has the weakest home-field in the conference.

Stanford has a dearth of skill position talent and thats after last season in which they had numerous close games. Those TEs are going to be big losses. Their D will keep them in every game though.

UCLA had a mediocre D last year and loses Franklin and Fauria, their two best skill guys who scored most of their TDs. Keep in mind their OL in terms of sacks was even worse than UWs and they had a mobile QB. UCLA also has the weakest home-field in the conference.

Stanford will probably be better on offense this year because Hogan has the QB job full time now.

UCLA does have a weak home field advantage, but UW is so, so bad on the road...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Exactly how many points does UW need to lose by for it to be a plunger rape? 21+? 30+?

Exactly how many points does UW need to lose by for it to be a plunger rape? 21+? 30+?

20+
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Stanford will probably be better on offense this year because Hogan has the QB job full time now.

Stanford loses its top 4 receivers from last season, the 2 TE's, Taylor and one WR. Not sure they'll be able to stretch the field and DC's now have more film on Hogan. Defenses will be able to load the box against them.

UW was bad on the road in 2011 bc of a bad defense and 2012 bc of a bad OL. Now the chief problem will be stopping fast offenses- like UO and ASU which is why they are the two most likely blowouts. UCLA was not good at home in conference last year, losing to OSU, losing to Stanford by double digits and beating Utah by only 7. Plus they lose Franklin and Fauria from their offense which was why they won 9 games.

Stanford loses its top 4 receivers from last season, the 2 TE's, Taylor and one WR. Not sure they'll be able to stretch the field and DC's now have more film on Hogan. Defenses will be able to load the box against them.

UW was bad on the road in 2011 bc of a bad defense and 2012 bc of a bad OL. Now the chief problem will be stopping fast offenses- like UO and ASU which is why they are the two most likely blowouts. UCLA was not good at home in conference last year, losing to OSU, losing to Stanford by double digits and beating Utah by only 7. Plus they lose Franklin and Fauria from their offense which was why they won 9 games.
    Stanford and UCLA have good coaches. They will find new guys to step up.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam

20+
    Somewhat disagree. 20+ is an automatic plunger rape. If the opposing team is up by 20 or more points in the 4th quarter and the Huskie team rallies to a relatively easy 34-17 loss, it can still be a plunger rape if the opposing team had their backups in and/or (life of abundance) the final TD is in the last few minutes and no one gives a shit because the outcome was already known.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,377 Founders Club
    Someone alert the fags on this site that there is actual football discussion going on. Maybe they will stop whining for about 5 minutes if they read it.
  • McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227

Is it wrong to mention Boise State as a plunger game?

THIS. And wouldn't it just set the tone for another 7 and 6 bonanza.
    Very well could come to fruition.