Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kim intent on following Basnight, Roof, and Condotta/Jude

After getting "daily concerns via e-mail about the negativity on the football board" Emperor Kim has decided to segregate Dawgman.com into a heavily moderated/censored "football board" and a"hardcore" board, where his gestapo will ensure that there is only "Higher-level discussion" (i.e. how great a coach Sark is) taking place. He made a thread about it and every single poster in the thread told him it was a stupid idea, that he was being too sensitive, and that it was not a good idea to change everything a week before the season starts. He also let everyone know, after being questioned on the subject, that the new rules will not apply to he, Fetters, and Scott because they sometimes have to go above and beyond in order to put down the negative comments that are rampant on the board.

Let's hope this is finally the spark that burns his city to ashes.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    That site is still around?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ruth and her closed forum, highly moderated model should be a lesson for Kim.

Hi Kim!!!
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I go to dawgman and try to get dudes to come here. Pretty soon those boards will be empty. However, The circle jerkets here (Who are no different than Kim) have to be more welcoming to doogman transfers. We can make this forum the best, if the dweebie fucks here just talk football
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,957
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Actually this is kinda scary news...I'm assuming little Kimmy has been around some of the fall practices. Makes me think from what he's seen he thinks its going to be a crappy season and he's expecting a lot of negativity on the boards.

God I'm glad I don't deal with that board anymore...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I go to dawgman and try to get dudes to come here. Pretty soon those boards will be empty. However, The circle jerkets here (Who are no different than Kim) have to be more welcoming to doogman transfers. We can make this forum the best, if the dweebie fucks here just talk football

Your heart seems to be in the right place, but the posters on doogman can't stand you (On a certain level, you should be proud of this.) There's a reason you had to change your handle every few months. I don't think you have the pull to sway many from doogman.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Kim is trying to get as many new subscribers to pay after their free trials. Some free subs get turned off by the negativity. He's essentially going for quantity over quality. It's a terrible long-term decision as the quality of the bored has declined and will continue.

The above poaster is right. They literally don't have to do anything to be successful. Keep the discussion free & open like they did 6+ years ago. The irony that Kim is missing is that conflict is better for the bored. It draws more attention, more posts and more traffic.
  • Options
    I just read Kim's post. Dude is single-handedly ruining dawgman's forum. Dave Samek wouldn't do this. Its that fucking grinolds.

We need to go over and snatch up posters like tailgater and section14. We can improve this forum. We need to add more discussion here about football. I get sick of the same bullshit from guys like Damone who just poke at peoples' post's instead of bringing "football" discussion here.
  • Options
    Race can get away with it, he's funny.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    I would like to see doogman fail, but I don't think it will happen. It would have happened by now after all the colossal fuck ups they have had over there. Even when UW goes 7-6 this year, there won't be a huge fall out. Kim will just say rebuilds can take a long time, 19 returning starters in 2014, defensive staff hasn't gotten their guys in yet, recruiting is picking up, etc. One way or another, there will be a batch of excuses used, a plethora of reasons why the future is bright, and a large chunk of fans who are oranges and juice box types who will never be negative about anything. doogman has it made. Kim has tried his hardest to fuck it up, and it still hasn't happened. How is an "elevated discussion" board going to change that?

Like it or not, they have a loyal following. Fuck, there are still contributors on this board that post over at doogman, even though they can't stand the staff and the majority of the posters over there. It's a fucking habit for many fans (including some here). The only way doogman will ever fall is if there is another mainstream board that caters to doog's but is ran with better management. Even then it will be tough. For some stupid reason, people are loyal to Kim and the retards.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I just read Kim's post. Dude is single-handedly ruining dawgman's forum. Dave Samek wouldn't do this. Its that fucking grinolds.

We need to go over and snatch up posters like tailgater and section14. We can improve this forum. We need to add more discussion here about football. I get sick of the same bullshit from guys like Damone who just poke at peoples' post's instead of bringing "football" discussion here.

Great mutually exclusive sentences as always.

Here's a dirty little secret you should know:
    Most of the Doogman posters don't know shit about football and just want to have smoke blown up their asses.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Tailgater is already here and I enjoy his posts. As for section14AFS? He'd only last a week if that on here. Without Kim, F3 and Eklund to rescue him he'd drown here and run back. He really offers nothing to the table in his "serious" football posts.

As for Damone, I'm sure if we had a good program he'd talk more about football but for guys like him it's frustrating having the same conversation for a decade plus when the end result is always the same.

Why guys like Damone, Race, sven are so sarcastic because it's just one giant Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

The optimism going into this season I'm sure you can pull up articles from 2012, 2011, and 2010 that look the same and even going further back 2003 and 2002 as well.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,303
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tailgater is already here and I enjoy his posts. As for section14AFS? He'd only last a week if that on here. Without Kim, F3 and Eklund to rescue him he'd drown here and run back. He really offers nothing to the table in his "serious" football posts.

As for Damone, I'm sure if we had a good program he'd talk more about football but for guys like him it's frustrating having the same conversation for a decade plus when the end result is always the same.

Why guys like Damone, Race, sven are so sarcastic because it's just one giant Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

The optimism going into this season I'm sure you can pull up articles from 2012, 2011, and 2010 that look the same and even going further back 2003 and 2002 as well.
    I try to keep things classy

Issaquadawg gets credit for one of the best threads in Dawgboard (Gurgle...gurgle) history. I also hear he has a connection to someone with extensive experience with hobby boards.

CougLJ (water is wet) loves to type. His posts show that anybody can live in a life of abundance. Although, he does have a strange habit of telling people to take shits in their hats.

Auburndawg is the Doogman's very own Hollinger. Those weekly power rankings were a thing of magic. Who needs stats, strength of schedule, point differential, or even facts when you have Auburndawg's subjective expertise?

Other future recruits to consider

CallofDuty

KrisVashon

OregonDawg

Lets not HATE, when we can APPRECIATE!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Issaquadawg gets credit for one of the best threads in Dawgboard (Gurgle...gurgle) history. I also hear he has a connection to someone with extensive experience with hobby boards.

CougLJ (water is wet) loves to type. His posts show that anybody can live in a life of abundance. Although, he does have a strange habit of telling people to take shits in their hats.

Auburndawg is the Doogman's very own Hollinger. Those weekly power rankings were a thing of magic. Who needs stats, strength of schedule, point differential, or even facts when you have Auburndawg's subjective expertise?

CallofDuty

KrisVashon

OregonDawg

This board might be looking for a karaoke singer so she would come in handy.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,303
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

CallofDuty

KrisVashon

OregonDawg

This board might be looking for a karaoke singer so she would come in handy.
    By definition, she's a true double threat.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Actually this is kinda scary news...I'm assuming little Kimmy has been around some of the fall practices. Makes me think from what he's seen he thinks its going to be a crappy season and he's expecting a lot of negativity on the boards.

God I'm glad I don't deal with that board anymore...

Here's the thing though. I don't think its "negativity" that has gotten Kim's vagina all sandy, its that he's not very smart. In fact, he's dumb as fuck and people are starting to call him on his bullshit, whether it be the Oregon situation, recruiting, the offensive line, whatever. His version of "higher level conversation" means everyone agrees with him, kisses his ass, and doesn't bring up the fact that he's s huge hypocrite. As far why people stay on dawgman, its because of the discussion with other members, not information they get from any staff member there.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The funny thing is that most of this discussion is still a circle jerk. You guys remain fixated on that other site. And your idea of recruiting is to steal from there -- the place you constantly complain about. Huh? There are many many thousands of other posters, myself included, who were never fans over there or gave up 5-10 years ago.
    A small tip: If you stopped being an anti-Dawgman site, and started being your own site with more football talk and less Dawgman talk, you would probably get what you wish for.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Race can get away with it, he's funny.

You were on a role and my translator was working for you.

Then this???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Global said:

The funny thing is that most of this discussion is still a circle jerk. You guys remain fixated on that other site. And your idea of recruiting is to steal from there -- the place you constantly complain about. Huh? There are many many thousands of other posters, myself included, who were never fans over there or gave up 5-10 years ago.
    A small tip: If you stopped being an anti-Dawgman site, and started being your own site with more football talk and less Dawgman talk, you would probably get what you wish for.

I partially agree with this. There is a faction of this site that is sort of a circle jerk, but there is also good discussion at times. Some here are apathetic towards UW football, and after this many years of sucking and watching the AD do the wrong thing, I don't really blame them.

A myth is that there is no football talk on this site. There is as much football talk on this site as there is on doogman, even though this site has only a fraction of the posters that dawgman has.

This board would be better if it wasn't all one big inside joke such as having the 7-6>7-6>7-6 banner on top of the page. No casual fan wants to be part of a board where they aren't welcomed, including posters who probably share very similar views as most here regarding UW football. My advice (not that anyone gives a fuck) would be to at least pretend this is a Husky Football board to try and welcome new posters. Every time this board gets a new poster who actually contributes (not dumb fucks like ImaLoser), it improves.