Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doogman's Aaron Beach's incredibly stupid Romar Op-ed

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Even if some of those guys are shit, they also could be guys that are rotational players that make the 6th to 9th best players on the team far better than what they've been lately under Romar. Then, when the injuries or underperformance from others come, you have DEPTH to cover.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Even if some of those guys are shit, they also could be guys that are rotational players that make the 6th to 9th best players on the team far better than what they've been lately under Romar. Then, when the injuries or underperformance from others come, you have DEPTH to cover.

None of those guys play a position we lack depth in, except Smith.

And as I already mentioned, half the guys TTJ named wouldn't start, even on this roster.

Depth is worthless without talent. Dierecxk was once a "depth" big guy. How's that working out?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wow, a couple favorites here. True AB dm.c fashion though. It's phenomenal to know your programs depth relies upon talent being within about 60 mile radius. If this area doesn't produce talent, we can just forget showing up for a few years. I wonder if that works for DM.C subscriptions, husky season tickets, etc.

The recruiting piece of this still irks me the most. Talent eval, whether it's who you target in recruiting, or who you target for transfers is always a tough call. But romar has pretty much whiffed the last 3-4 years on this front. He's continually gambled on players which have cost him big when it didn't work out. First was MM, which then likely cost UW Gordon, and then Upshaw(who isn't a once in a decade player). Upshaw was WELL worth the risk, but not without anyone else on the roster who can play.

All of this shit continues to get old. The excuses are bland. It all stems back to decisions made at the top level. If romar doesn't go after MM and actually gets a solid player they likely make the tourney. Instead, depth cost them that year by having no role players and failed recruiting strategy. By having such a dismal year, and nobody on the roster for AG to look forward to who could blame him for not coming to UW. If UW has even a remotely good team, he would have been a husky. Now you fill in upshaw who was always a huge gamble, but left a void as soon as he didn't pan out. Odds makers had to put his chances of making a full season at 50/50.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    While I like that Romar isn't willing to pay fixers or AAU coaches (or get family members or hangers on jobs, which allegedly is why we lost MM because Altman was happy to get dirty), there's no excuse for the terrible in-bound plays, highly questionable X's and O's, and recruiting misses.

By the way, what's up with Darin Johnson, is he hurt? Same with Donaven Dorsey?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,112
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2015

Wait, Kim told me Dawgman doesn't do editorials.

Check the facts. In Beach's article are objective truths and it is not an opinion piece.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,112
    Btw, holy christ, is it not blatantly obvious the agenda that entire website has? You'd never see an article arguing the opposite of each of those points?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    @RoadDawg55, if you don't understand that good coaches are good coaches only because of what kids are living in the area of the coaches school then I just can't help you.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    MelloDawg said:

Btw, holy christ, is it not blatantly obvious the agenda that entire website has? You'd never see an article arguing the opposite of each of those points?

I once heard agendas were bad.
  • Options
    UM, obviously beach forgot one of the most important doogism's out there. Romar provided free food for many dawg pack members. Please don't forget
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

UM, obviously beach forgot one of the most important doogism's out there. Romar provided free food for many dawg pack members. Please don't forget

LOL, that's my favorite.

Turn on a basketball game on ESPN 1-7 and half the time they show footage of the basketball coach bringing pizza or doughnuts to the crazy college kids waiting for tickets in tents.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840

LOL, that's my favorite.

Turn on a basketball game on ESPN 1-7 and half the time they show footage of the basketball coach bringing pizza or doughnuts to the crazy college kids waiting for tickets in tents.
    There's the problem.

Romar lost his main pizza guy when Dollar left.

*Heytvelt reset.

• Options

LOL, that's my favorite.

There's the problem.

Romar lost his main pizza guy when Dollar left.

*Heytvelt reset.

You'd think there would be more pizza for the students once dollar left
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That shit sounds remarkably similar to what they were saying about Sark... FIRE HIM NOW!!
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    HFNY said:

While I like that Romar isn't willing to pay fixers or AAU coaches

Assuming that it's true that most coaches and top recruits are playing dirty, why the fuck would you "like that"?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    Standard Supporter

Blaming Romar's struggles on the local talent might be the doogliest excuse one could possibly come up with.

I say that comes in a close second to "Romar doesn't cheat/pay players like all the successful coaches in the PAC 12 do"