Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone think Arizona could win it all

I think it's a good value play if u were making a future wager. I think the only two teams that can beat Kentucky today are Wisconsin and Zona. Would be fine seeing a rematch of the 1997 title game...

Comments

• Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The last time they won the NC they finished 5th in the Pac-10, so yes.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    d2d said:

What in the almighty fuck does that have to do with this years team beating Kentucky.?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2015
    It's KY's to lose. They're going to have to have an off game for anyone to have a chance.

I don't buy into Arizona. They have good talent but it's not the '97 team. Those guards were better.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

d2d said:

What in the almighty fuck does that have to do with this years team beating Kentucky.?
    Pretty sure @d2d is out of his element on this board.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    They have Sean miller, so no
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,847
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    No - supremely talented, Stanley Johnson will do something so FS that it will make Chris Weber's timeout look tame in comparison.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    If they have a good day from 3 they can beat Kentucky.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't like Arizona's guards ... by the time they get to the 2nd weekend they most likely will have the weakest backcourt from that point forward. They are a good candidate to me to lose on the first weekend. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if every PAC team was gone by the end of the first weekend.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    edited March 2015

d2d said:

It means I've never picked the NC winner in my pool. LOL (I have finished in the money, 2nd twice and third twice.)
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I don't like Arizona's guards ... by the time they get to the 2nd weekend they most likely will have the weakest backcourt from that point forward. They are a good candidate to me to lose on the first weekend. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if every PAC team was gone by the end of the first weekend.

Arizona won't win a title, but they will get past the first weekend.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

No

Beach lost, isn't anything possible ?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

No

Beach lost, isn't anything possible ?
    Again. To the only team to beat them all year...not that big of a shock tbh.

Coaching matters...
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    A team that lost to Oregon State is not winning it all.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    I don't like UofA for a couple reasons. Miller has never been the best in game coach which never bodes well for deep runs. NCAA is usually won by guard play, and UofA doesn't have elite guard play. They are good, but not elite.

I don't see zona as being a physical team(similar to GU), which will struggle with teams who get nasty as the tourney progresses.

• Options
    The latest version of Bracketology has Arizona potentially playing Michigan State. There's a lot of jekyl and hyde to Sparty this year, but there's definitely a far greater than 0% chance that they could knock off an Arizona team that is so non-elite that they've lost games to Oregon St, Arizona St, and UNLV this year - 3 teams that are far from good.
  • Options
    BTW, Gonzaga slated to play Belmont in the 1st round ... I'd laugh when Belmont shoots their way into a win.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The latest version of Bracketology has Arizona potentially playing Michigan State. There's a lot of jekyl and hyde to Sparty this year, but there's definitely a far greater than 0% chance that they could knock off an Arizona team that is so non-elite that they've lost games to Oregon St, Arizona St, and UNLV this year - 3 teams that are far from good.

Other than Kentucky, there isn't an elite team. If we are going by losses, Duke got beat rather easily by NC State and Miami. Wisconsin lost to Rutgers. I'm sure there have been many past champions and teams that did well in the tournament that had bad losses on their resume.

Arizona is 28-3 and have won 8 in a row. They have lost one game in the last two months. Most of their Pac 12 games have been blowout wins. Good front court and probably the best wings in the country. I used to criticize McConnell, but he's actually having a really good season and looks improved.

They could get upset, but I think Arizona is genuinely one of the best teams in the country.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Tequilla said:

Other than Kentucky, there isn't an elite team. If we are going by losses, Duke got beat rather easily by NC State and Miami. Wisconsin lost to Rutgers. I'm sure there have been many past champions and teams that did well in the tournament that had bad losses on their resume.

Arizona is 28-3 and have won 8 in a row. They have lost one game in the last two months. Most of their Pac 12 games have been blowout wins. Good front court and probably the best wings in the country. I used to criticize McConnell, but he's actually having a really good season and looks improved.

They could get upset, but I think Arizona is genuinely one of the best teams in the country.
    Until miller has to coach in ncaa crunch time (kem winky emoticon)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Yep. That's what has diminished the game in my opinion. It's why CBS tries to make every team Cinderella because they are desperate for story lines that the casual fan gives a shit about

The Final Four in the 80's was packed with stars. Most of the 90's too. UNLV, Michigan, UNC.

I love basketball but I don't even watch anymore. The one and done guys aren't that good then they go sit on the bench for some shitty NBA team and you forget about them.

At least Kentucky is a story to root for or against. The quality of play still isn't all that great